IGNORED

View from the other side

Robbored

Your post sounds like it comes from a Wendy , ambiguous ’ 

City have strengthen under Holden. Mawson on a season loan from Fulham, Journeyman Chris Martin from Derby both add experience to the squad as does Nakhi Wells signed from QPR. City have an academy graduate Antoine Semenyo who is looking sharp who scored his debut goal against Exeter in the cup recently - not sure he’ll start tho.

Midfield is a worry tho especially with BB coming to town...........:wub:

Obviously I’m hoping for three points  but it’s a tough game to call.‘

You have a man crush on  BB ? 

Some interesting comments from you in there,

referring to some on here as ill informed numpties

Holden is no mug and will know all about Wednesday’s 10 point deduction.....

holden has signed experience and then list Wells as one of his signings....

7 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Perhaps that’s what it says on the OS!

Or perhaps that’s what it says on Wednesday’s OS!!!

7 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

You disagree that there are some ill informed numpties on here? 

The Wednesday fans couldn’t care one iota who signed Wells - point is he’s an experienced and proven Championship striker,

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

City have strengthen under Holden. Mawson on a season loan from Fulham, Journeyman Chris Martin from Derby both add experience to the squad as does Nakhi Wells signed from QPR. City have an academy graduate Antoine Semenyo who is looking sharp who scored his debut goal against Exeter in the cup recently - not sure he’ll start tho.

I like BB as a player. He always does well against us...........:facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Wednesday fans couldn’t care one iota who signed Wells - point is he’s an experienced and proven Championship striker,

Call people ill informed posters sure, call people ill informed numpties probably not. 

you’re the one making the statement not them so there’s no reason for you to say Holden signed wells in the first place 

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fact is,......you call us ill informed numpties then get it wrong about how many points they were deducted, and who signed Nahki Wells. You really dont help yourself.

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

I expect he’ll know it is a 12 point deduction, for a start.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I think Barry Bannan is genuinely the only player I’ve seen @Robbored provide an opinion on. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Yep, I remember one OTIB poster in particular who argued endlessly that our double winning defensive titan, Aden Flint, was nothing more than a low quality 'head it and kick it merchant' who was unlikely to establish himself at City in L1 and would certainly never be good enough to play for City in the Championship.

Having been voted player of the season in our double winning L1 team, Flint went on to further confound this persistent but befuddled critic (who clearly didn't have the superior understanding of the game he so often maintained he had) by rising head and shoulders above the rest to again be voted player of the season in our first season in the Championship.

This mere 'head it and kick it merchant', who would never be good enough for the Championship, not only took to the higher level  with consummate ease but was then outstanding against the PL forwards of the 2 Manchester clubs, and eventually netted City 7m when sold to another Championship club.

I'm not vindictive enough to embarrass that hapless poster further by naming him now, but nothing could back up your point more conclusively that there are indeed some right numpties on OTIB!

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think Barry Bannan is genuinely the only player I’ve seen @Robbored provide an opinion on. 

Opposition players maybe..........

I never form an option on our own players until I’ve seen them play at least a dozen times - unlike some who watch them once or twice before slagging them off................:cool2:

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, I remember one OTIB poster in particular who argued endlessly that our double winning defensive titan, Aden Flint, was nothing more than a low quality 'head it and kick it merchant' who was unlikely to establish himself at City in L1 and would certainly never be good enough to play for City in the Championship.

Having been voted player of the season in our double winning L1 team, Flint went on to further confound this persistent but befuddled critic (who clearly didn't have the superior understanding of the game he so often maintained he had) by rising head and shoulders above the rest to again be voted player of the season in our first season in the Championship.

This mere 'head it and kick it merchant', who would never be good enough for the Championship, not only took to the higher level  with consummate ease but was then outstanding against the PL forwards of the 2 Manchester clubs, and eventually netted City 7m when sold to another Championship club.

I'm not vindictive enough to embarrass that hapless poster further by naming him now, but nothing could back up your point more conclusively that there are indeed some right numpties on OTIB!

I still maintain that Flint is and remains a ‘head it and kick’ merchant, a throw back to a 70s ‘stopper’ and nowhere near the class of Webster for example.

Flint has done well financially from his various transfer signing on fees and fair play to the guy given his limited footballing ability.

I have absolutely no problem if others consider him to be a talented footballer...........:dunno:

Well robbered has given the opinion that Chris Martin is a 'journeyman.'

There are a couple of definitions of 'journeyman' but generally it's got slightly negative connotations  -  'reliable but not outstanding' being one.  I'd say Chris Martin is outstanding and a classy striker. The sort of player who not only scores a decent number of goals but brings the best out of players alongside him.   

A few people use 'journeyman' to indicate someone has had a lot of clubs but that's an ill informed understanding of the true definition.

2 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Well robbored  has given the opinion that Chris Martin is a 'journeyman.'

There are a couple of definitions of 'journeyman' but generally it's got slightly negative connotations  -  'reliable but not outstanding' being one.  I'd say Chris Martin is outstanding and a classy striker. The sort of player who not only scores a decent number of goals but brings the best out of players alongside him.   

A few people use 'journeyman' to indicate someone has had a lot of clubs but that's an ill informed understanding of the true definition.

CM has had lots of clubs and exactly why he’s a journeyman and if you see that term as negative then that’s your choice.

Personally I was delighted when he signed for us.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I still maintain that Flint is and remains a ‘head it and kick’ merchant, a throw back to a 70s ‘stopper’ and nowhere near the class of Webster for example.

Flint has done well financially from his various transfer signing on fees and fair play to the guy given his limited footballing ability.

I have absolutely no problem if others consider him to be a talented footballer...........:dunno:

Oh, it was you, was it? 

In all our arguments about Flint on here I never once said he was in the class of a player like Webster - that was never part of the argument and neither of us had ever heard of him at the time anyway.

The point is Flint was a far better all round player for City - with the obvious potential to improve further from the time of our initial discussions - than you ever been willing to give him credit for.

He left AG as a conquering hero to most City fans but you still maintain this dismissive, sour and begrudging stance which has never altered.

Even now you refuse to give him the credit and respect he deserves for his outstanding seasons at AG.

Let's face it - Flint proved you, his arch critic, completely and demonstrably wrong.

43 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Don’t worry the same poster doesn’t think Baker plays consecutive games very often!

20 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Oh, it was you, was it? 

In all our arguments about Flint on here I never once said he was in the class of a player like Webster - that was never part of the argument and neither of us had ever heard of him at the time anyway.

The point is Flint was a far better all round player for City - with the obvious potential to improve further from the time of our initial discussions - than you ever been willing to give him credit for.

He left AG as a conquering hero to most City fans but you still maintain this dismissive, sour and begrudging stance which has never altered.

Even now you refuse to give him the credit and respect he deserves for his outstanding seasons at AG.

Let's face it - Flint proved you, his arch critic, completely and demonstrably wrong.

Football is all about opinions Nogbad...............:dunno:

28 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I'm thinking that Bannon is the player who usually destroys us, so we need someone to do a job on him.  Is Bakinson strong enough and experienced enough or should we use Brunt to keep him quiet?

Get yourself over to the matchday thread with comments like that.

This one is all about RR ?

Archived