IGNORED

Take a bow Zak and Taylor

LondonBristolian

Losing Baker and especially Kalas for the first matches of the season was a massive worry and there were a lot of questions about Taylor and Zak, and whether they could prove they were Championship quality players.

Two clean sheets in a row where, by and large, both Stoke and Wednesday have been restricted in the chances they've created should give them a great deal of confidence. I'm sure both will learn and improve as the season goes on but both are looking very much like they are at home at this level and can keep us solid until Kalas comes back. Fair play to the both of them. 

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Vyner's best performance. Getting better every game! 

Absolutely.

Once late on at 1-0 his pace in recovering to get goal side & stop an attack was fantastic.

Clearly not quite as good on the ball as Moore but has done a sterling job.

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

About to post exactly the same on the match day thread. Superb, and going to make it difficult for Kalas to regain a place. 

Their form is giving Kalas more time for recovery - no need to rush him back at the moment.

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Massive credit to both. Moore was especially impressive. Some of his tackles were exceptional and he passed and drove out well. The most Webster-like performance I’ve seen since we lost Webster.

Agreed, TM was brilliant today. Not sure who got MOM but was him for me.

12 minutes ago, Dog said:

You're getting carried away. He has been up against sides with very little up top.....the key will be against top sides.....for me a useful squad player but if we want to compete with big boys he is a bench player.

Fair play you don’t half talk shite! 
Good defenders force the opposition into looking poor up front. 

23 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Vyner still plays the long ball a few times too often, but read the game well. Stopped certain goal first half getting just enough in the way to prevent tap in. 

Yes, just needs to slow down his brain with the ball at his feet.  A few too many drilled channel balls, when if he looks around there may be a simpler ball / pass on.

I suspect some of that as his inexperience and a bit of fear of not releasing the ball and getting caught.

He did well again today overall.

These 2 and Bakinson looked solid today. A real difference from previous seasons (Webster aside) they can quickly turn defence to attack by simply carrying it passed players for 15-20 yards and playing a forward pass. Sounds simple but the difference it made today to just put us back on the front foot second half was massive. 

Bakinson has such long legs the opposition struggle to pass it around him, to think these 3 should only get better is a real promise for us.

19 minutes ago, Dog said:

You're getting carried away. He has been up against sides with very little up top.....the key will be against top sides.....for me a useful squad player but if we want to compete with big boys he is a bench player.

He has been up against whoever the fixture list has put us up against. And he’s done it very well. That’s what we’re commenting on.

1 hour ago, Lordofthebling said:

Taylor Moore looked like a 20 million pound player today... incredible 

And yet the clueless predecessor seemed fit to throw him on loan after a good start last year 

20 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Annoys me that Johnson had both at his disposal and shipped them both out. They have been ready for a while.

Exactly. People view ready harshly. They had all the tools last season to be part of the squad. They just needed games and they are getting it now. The rough edges are being smoother every game. 

We had the thread the other day about which is better Moore or Vyner. I had Vyner through the first few games. That said Moore was different class today.

Vyner is a bit quick to hit that channel ball for sure. Though I think SW pinned back our outside CBs more than other teams have. Vyner never really got a chance to be in the opposition half today. Think Moore/Kalas would have done similar today if played out there. SW were pressing quite well so I’d keep that in mind with ZV on the ball today. Defending thought he swept up a few dangerous situations coming all the way across to help Mawson at times. I hope this opens some eyes on Vyner that he can be a real contributor for a good team. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Very difficult one. Because for me Kalas it better centrally than he is right side.

Vyner looks perfect for that right side.

But then how do we drop Moore after what has been 2 motm performances?

Maybe just don't pick Kalas!? Never thought i'd say that

Exactly my thinking when Kalas is back. Vyner is not perfect out there but possibly the best fit for that position. The centre suits Moore as well with his dribbling out. 

Not a massive deal though. Perhaps they all need to split time at some point. With only 4 of them you can probably get away with rotating some. Keep in mind Mawson has struggled to stay fit recently and Kalas the same since we purchased him. Talking past few seasons. Perhaps the problem sorts itself. Think Baker will end up missing out when he returns though. I really rate Baker but I’d want him central and he is third choice there for me. Also he doesn’t stay on the pitch enough either

I was devastated when Webster was sold........but it is just possible that given time, we might just have a ball playing centre back who can play to a high standard? , he also appears to want to stick around, and play for us, and who knows captain our side for years to come.  Well done TM, long may you continue to set the standard.

Until today I though Zac had played consistently better than Taylor Moore but I thought Taylor was superb today.Its great that finally they are getting their chance and taking it.With Tamas hopefully back after the international break we have 4 great players for 3 positions so can rotate for injury niggles etc.

With Mr Baker back around Xmas and hopefully can give the medical dept a rest for a bit .The second half of the season central defence is one area we seem to be ok for.

coyr

Archived