IGNORED

Take a bow Zak and Taylor

LondonBristolian

7 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Both of these comments reflect the point I am making. I'm not arguing that we should have necessarily gambled on Eisa, Szmodics and Adelakun if they were not good enough but I am saying that it's frustrating we signed players that the manager didn't feel was good enough, espeicially if he was correct in that assessment. Obviously you could argue we made a profit on two of those players but nonetheless I feel that, if it was too much of a gamble to play them, it wasn't the right thing to sign them. 

And, with Jonny Smith, it feels he has now proven what he can do and ultimately the club need to decide if what he can do is something we want and need. If not, then surely it is better to find him a permanent move. I just don't see what another loan at a lower level with tell us about him that we don't know already. 

I would prefer Jonny Smith in our first team squad to Eliasson. He creates, he defends and top of the list, he actually scores goals.

On 27/09/2020 at 16:13, TomF said:

And yet the clueless predecessor seemed fit to throw him on loan after a good start last year 

And throw him under the bus. I know players have to be tough to succeed but some seem to get harsher treatment than others. Good job he is made from sterner stuff or else those knocks could have seen him fall away.

I’m really happy both players are getting some recognition. But the player I’m concerned about hanging on to right now is Bakinson.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

New contract for Taylor according to Pete O'Rourke

Highly-rated Bristol City defender Taylor Moore has agreed a new long-term deal at the club. #bristolcityfc

Fantastic news if that happens, he's improving every match by the looks. If he keeps it up throughout the season and irons out some of his mistakes he won't be so easily dropped when Baker/Kalas return. I love it when the answer to fixing our defence/midfield is within the club. 

Now for Vyner?  

Archived