IGNORED

The football Gods are at it already!

Jerseybean

Forest fans have already started a match thread. https://www.forestforum.co.uk/threads/49066-Matchday-4-Nottingham-Forest-V-Bristol-City-(Sat-3rd-October-2020-3pm)

They are not looking forward to it;                          "Quote Originally Posted by football post View Post
Another game, another refund (at some point hopefully). Can't say I'm missing it much at the moment, I'm going with a frustrating draw 1 - 1.
Frustrating? I'm partying in the streets if we manage a goal and a point."

Near impossible to predict - under LJ most of us could see what the opposition saw, a team so devoid of belief in their coach and how they were being set up,  Fairly sure to that DH was aware of that too, he certainly did not seem to have a lot to smile about.

With DH’s appointment many of us thought that not a lot would change, we were wrong just as the opposing sides have experienced, we have a real coach that the players believe in and as a result they are growing in confidence.

I would like to think we will get better and will be knocking on the door come season end.

It will be very interesting to see other teams having to adjust to cope with our play rather than confidently reacting to the ineffective experiments of LJ.

let’s hope it’s not too long before we pack the gate again!

until then COYR

(and maintain the gap)

On paper their squad (which is also just ridiculously large) is one of the best in the league, no question.

However they have been on a terrible run since late last season (they haven’t won a game since they played us last).

After 3 wins on the trot getting a point there would be no disaster.

I understand all the gallows humour  having supported the Robins for over fifty years but now I just have a little chink of hope that things have changed.

This week  Forest will be the club nervously trying to find a way to beat us.

We on the other hand will be full of confidence whilst DH and the coaching staff drill it home that what we have achieved so far is just the beginning. 

I am enjoying the moment, the optimism and pleasure in watching this team,squad  of talented, motivated youngsters and experienced pros.

Coached by decent no nonsense, no big ego football men is the stuff of dreams.

I can’t see us expecting just to turn up to take the points. Everyone at the club knows that in this division it only takes one chance to turn a match on it’s head , add into the factor the competition for places in our exciting team and you have a recipe for success.

The only thing that can screw us is the danger of burning out but with the squad we have that shouldn’t be allowed to happen.

It will be interesting to review my post at the end of the season.

Archived