IGNORED

The Midfield ! What a problem for DH

DT The Optimist

We have one game left (Saturday Florists) then the two week international  break. After that can we then expect to see the return of... 

Walsh (I for one am really looking forward to seeing if he can do what he did last season, rip it up !) Morrell..... Williams.  Will all these be fit.. Will this be a first choice midfield ?

Then he's got HNM, AN,  KP, AW, JP,TB...  it just goes on & on.  I do not recall such a talented midfield  for a long time, and when  you consider a few raised eye brows were raised about Korey going ?

Holden has said Walsh will be a key player for us so unless massive change I  cannot see him not starting games, Williams just bought for decent money...

two or three to be offloaded ?  who....

Joe WIlliams now over his injury - not sure how long it will take to get him fit for games.

Be interesting to see if Joe Morrell joins up with Wales..

Walsh has been out a long time which doesn't bode well and it'll take more time for him to have a pre-season and get up to match fitness. He's a long way off imo.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

At least 3 to go for sure. Holden likes a smaller squad of players.

Weimann is actually looking effective in midfield because of his work rate.

Paterson was superb second half today I thought.

Williams will be in this side, I am sure of it.

Brunt is cover for Bakinson and maybe still behind fitness wise, but he will be an important player in that defensive midfield role.

That is the obvious midfielders that will be here.

I have always said Palmer and Nagy will be off on loan or permanently. I think they are behind all those in this system.

So I think it's at least one of Massengo, Walsh or Morrell that leave on loan or permanently.

With Walsh it all comes down to his contract situation. Obviously signs a new one and he will be here.

You say it like he has previous managerial experience

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can see Palmer and Nagy becoming surplus to requirements - if they’re not already.

I quite like the idea of Massengo going out on loan tho......question where? Would he be prepared to drop to L1. Lincoln City maybe?

Or Plymouth? Bakinson, Reid and Bryan all went there and have come back better players. He’s still 19 and we need to remember that. Bakinson is 2 years ahead of him, and didn’t Reid go there when we was 22. Long way to go yet for young Han Noah.  

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I am thinking about the players contracts.

Taylor Moore they must be desperate to keep hold of, and his contract is up end of the season.

So maybe for some reason we are waiting to offer players new contracts. I am hoping that is the case because I rate Walsh and want him to stay.

I'm in total agreement Jon. I just thought it strange that LW's contract was imminent a few weeks ago yet we've heard nothing.

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can see Palmer and Nagy becoming surplus to requirements - if they’re not already.

I quite like the idea of Massengo going out on loan tho......question where? Would he be prepared to drop to L1. Lincoln City maybe?

If HNM gets loaned then the Bundesliga or French Ligue at their second level would be a better fit with his technical ability. Nagy is capable of a goal or two as a squad player and can improve, but I'm guessing Callum O'Dowda will be surplus to requirements.

33 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm in total agreement Jon. I just thought it strange that LW's contract was imminent a few weeks ago yet we've heard nothing.

Don't forget Pato is in the same position as Walsh, out of contract at the end of this season.

Agree that hearing nothing further on Walsh's offered contract is concerning, there again as far as we know Pato hasn't even been offered a new one.

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Don't forget Pato is in the same position as Walsh, out of contract at the end of this season.

Agree that hearing nothing further on Walsh's offered contract is concerning, there again as far as we know Pato hasn't even been offered a new one.

Re Walsh. He never got a chance here under LJ or deemed not ready. He takes League one by storm last year and LJ and  now DH state he is very much in the plans. With Walsh experiences of BCFC to date  I am surmising he will want to know he’s going to be getting games before he signs on any dotted line. That said with his mate Williams now on the payroll here got to be a good chance ?

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Not heard anything to suggest that his signing was imminent.

Happy to be proven wrong if someone can find it :)

16 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Re Walsh. He never got a chance here under LJ or deemed not ready. He takes League one by storm last year and LJ and  now DH state he is very much in the plans. With Walsh experiences of BCFC to date  I am surmising he will want to know he’s going to be getting games before he signs on any dotted line. That said with his mate Williams now on the payroll here got to be a good chance ?

I would think the club would want to know that his injury is fully recovered before signing a contract on behalf of the club. There's probably three or four in front of him at the moment anyway. I'd get some money for him tbh.

Let him go with a bundle of add ons.

3 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

We have one game left (Saturday Florists) then the two week international  break. After that can we then expect to see the return of... 

Walsh (I for one am really looking forward to seeing if he can do what he did last season, rip it up !) Morrell..... Williams.  Will all these be fit.. Will this be a first choice midfield ?

Then he's got HNM, AN,  KP, AW, JP,TB...  it just goes on & on.  I do not recall such a talented midfield  for a long time, and when  you consider a few raised eye brows were raised about Korey going ?

Holden has said Walsh will be a key player for us so unless massive change I  cannot see him not starting games, Williams just bought for decent money...

two or three to be offloaded ?  who....

Walsh will go back out on loan or be sold. Really don't understand the love in on here.

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I think Palmer, for all his sparkle on his day, needs selling. It’ll be a nominal fee though I fear.

HNM being loaned to Ligue 1 could be a great move for all parties too.

I’d imagine he would get a loan in England, not Ligue 1. Wouldn’t really benefit us him going over there.

Lower half Champ team would be ideal.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Walsh will go back out on loan or be sold. Really don't understand the love in on here.

Nor me.

He had a good season in L1.

Thats about it.

Now he's been injured all this season - given the current form and all the other midfielders including Morrell impressing at international level and Williams, why the hell would he be in front of those and those in the current team doing well once he is fit enough ?

I really don't think he will get a loan given his contract situation, but if Coventry want him back, let him go for an affordable fee with a shed load of adds ons. I doubt another Championship side will take him on and I can't see him getting many/any games here. 

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

HOLDEN said it was (new contract offer) going to be offered in next few days , in I think the interview with GT on Sound Of City , just after his appointment

Bit of difference between a contract offer and imminent signing though.

Archived