IGNORED

James Morton on loan to Grimsby

Alan Dicks

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Rovers must be delighted that they've burned bridges with us (after Matty Taylor) and delighted that they've refused to have any more transfer dealings between the 2 clubs. 

Idiots..! 

Totally agree, the players we’ve loaned out each season would walk into their first team and improve it. In Wally they trust 

Sorry, but I don't see how a loan to a dire LG2 club managed by a bloke I wouldn't trust to make me a cup of tea is a good move 

Are we really happy that skelator is basically developing our young talent 

Some of us have long memories. He's done nothing but hate us and knock us

Why help him?

Why trust him with our players???

Madness 

8 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Yeah but according to Sag fans on asschat they wouldn't want to help develop our players.

Personally think going to them would hinder our youngsters progress.

Better than Grimsby!!!! It's a dump, they're skint, bottom of the league, and skelator is the boss 

At least if they were in Bristol they could remain part of the set up in some way 

Just now, Matthew me said:

Better than Grimsby!!!! It's a dump, they're skint, bottom of the league, and skelator is the boss 

At least if they were in Bristol they could remain part of the set up in some way 

The reason it may not be good to go to the Sags is if our players have poor games they will get more abuse than other loan players from those muppets.

4 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Sorry, but I don't see how a loan to a dire LG2 club managed by a bloke I wouldn't trust to make me a cup of tea is a good move 

Why help him?

Madness 

And your credentials to make these judgements are...? 

Think I'll put my trust in Brian Tinnion here. 

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

And your credentials to make these judgements are...? 

Think I'll put my trust in Brian Tinnion here. 

It's not credentials. It's an opinion. I'm allowed to have one!

I don't see how you can be happy with skelator being the man to coach our gems. He's an absolute nightmare. 

I can think of many better options! 

Why help someone that has openly taken steps to slate us? 

Someone that talks utter rubbish and seems to spend the majority of the time spouting junk?

1 minute ago, Busterrimes said:

I can understand your fears but Holloway does improve players. Jason Roberts. DJ Campbell. Did he not pick Eze when at QPR. I would trust him.

Scares the life out of me

It's a very different world now. Grimsby bottom of the league,broke, and managed by him. He genuinely not seeing any of that as a good fit for a young player 

1 hour ago, Matthew me said:

Why help him?

Madness 

He knows the game and I actually think could be a decent influence on young players , in terms of attitude , if not technically 

Wasn’t a bad midfielder tbf

1 hour ago, Matthew me said:

It's not credentials. It's an opinion. I'm allowed to have one!

I don't see how you can be happy with skelator being the man to coach our gems. He's an absolute nightmare. 

I can think of many better options! 

Why help someone that has openly taken steps to slate us? 

Someone that talks utter rubbish and seems to spend the majority of the time spouting junk?

So in summary: you know better than Brian Tinnion. 

I can understand honest banter with Holloway but have never understood the animosity towards him. As a boy from East Bristol its hardly surprising he supported and then played for the SAGS. Loyal to the club he supported he was passionate about playing for them and not surprisingly took delight when City were beaten. We take as much delight when the SAGS lose. Whatever people think of him he's proven himself to be a decent manager and I have no trouble trusting Morton and Edwards to his care. 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Rovers must be delighted that they've burned bridges with us (after Matty Taylor) and delighted that they've refused to have any more transfer dealings between the 2 clubs. 

Idiots..! 

Don’t think that is quite the situation as Adelukan could have gone to the Gas. He sensibly chose Hull, but the opportunity was there.

18 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

And an opinion based on blind prejudice. See Graham’s view above, for comparison. He also dislikes IH, for whatever reason, but can acknowledge that and set it to one side to arrive at a balanced perspective on the issue. Grow up.

It's hardly blind prejudice. That would insinuate a lack of clarity or vision. Holloway has provided ample opportunity to observe from afar. His track record of complete meltdowns and eventual fall outs are as inevitable as day follows night

I can acknowledge he was a reasonable player and certainly displayed passion in abundance. However, my concerns relate to the double standards of this man slating our club, fans and achievements , then coming cap in hand to take our starlets for his benefit.

Only further augments my opinion of the man.

A very unstable and volatile character who now has to nurture two of our own.

I'd have been far happier with a loan to another Lg2 side 

9 hours ago, Matthew me said:

It's hardly blind prejudice. That would insinuate a lack of clarity or vision. Holloway has provided ample opportunity to observe from afar. His track record of complete meltdowns and eventual fall outs are as inevitable as day follows night

I can acknowledge he was a reasonable player and certainly displayed passion in abundance. However, my concerns relate to the double standards of this man slating our club, fans and achievements , then coming cap in hand to take our starlets for his benefit.

Only further augments my opinion of the man.

A very unstable and volatile character who now has to nurture two of our own.

I'd have been far happier with a loan to another Lg2 side 

You can try to justify it as much as you like, but most sensible members of OTIB will regard these tedious rants about particular clubs, players or managers as childish, tiresome and pathetic, and what you fail to realise is that they say far more about you than they ever can about the individual they refer to. All you achieve by it in the long run is a reputation as someone whose posts are not respected or taken seriously, but rather either ignored or regarded with something bordering on contempt. Give it a rest.

28 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

You can try to justify it as much as you like, but most sensible members of OTIB will regard these tedious rants about particular clubs, players or managers as childish, tiresome and pathetic, and what you fail to realise is that they say far more about you than they ever can about the individual they refer to. All you achieve by it in the long run is a reputation as someone whose posts are not respected or taken seriously, but rather either ignored or regarded with something bordering on contempt. Give it a rest.

I don't need to justify my opinion. Likewise, you don't need to justify yours. That's the beauty of a discussion forum. It's opinion

It does however sound as if you're quite concerned about how others view your posts and how your reputation is built. I'd rather talk openly and share my opinion, come what may.

I don't have tedious rants about players or clubs in general. I just don't see a strong argument to pass two young starlets to a club that is in crisis ( chairman of Grimsby asking for the season to be cancelled ) who are bottom of the league, and managed by a fella that openly hates us.

Appears you've missed the salient issues of sending players to a crisis club.  

Holloway has been a volatile character for many years. A call from grace that's taken him from a Prem manager to the bottom club in lg2. Sounds like a great idea....

12 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

The reason it may not be good to go to the Sags is if our players have poor games they will get more abuse than other loan players from those muppets.

2 reasons:

1) We should always want Rovers relegated so should never give them use of one of our players who may help them improve their league position.

2) We should never forget or forgive the abysmal treatment John Akinde received from their fans when he went there on loan as a young City player.

Disgraceful -never again as far as I'm concerned, and I'd hope the club see things that way too.

As for Hollowhead/Grimsby, it's strange to me to choose to send a young player on loan to a club about as far away as it could be (230 miles) so I can only assume it's because Hollowhead is the manager, and therefore the club must, despite everything he's said about us over the decades, somehow have a positive relationship with him.

Ex- gas manager Clarke at Walsall also seems to be a favourite for loans, although geographically, at least, you can see the sense in that.

Has Morton gone on loan to Grimsby? I'm beginning to wonder. There is nothing on the City official site, not even as far as I can see on their social media platforms of Facebook and Twitter, which seems to be their preference for reporting these days, and there also seems confusion at the Grimsby end among their local press. Has he not gone because they reported a Covid case? 

18 hours ago, Matthew me said:

Why help him?

Madness 

But while Holloway is managing this club, surely he would want the best for his current club as his job is on the line? If he was to just bring players in & pay their wages while not trying to improve his current club it would be detrimental to his current employment & any future jobs he maybe in the running for & I can’t even see him being so bitchy as to put his livelihood on the line for a petty feud.

He’s openly admitted that we are well run & heading in the right direction, so why wouldn’t he want any help that’s on offer, regardless of where it’s coming from. Grimsby aren’t exactly in a position where that can refuse all help on offer.

Archived