Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Fam hinting he’s staying put?

8 minutes ago, grifty said:

Hmm, I think the spelling error is deliberate. "Toghe" in Italian means "robes". Robes is how I would say "Rhodes" with a cold. Rhodes is famous for the bronze statue of the Colossus of Rhodes. Bronze is a formulation of yellow. Fenerbahce are nicknamed "the Yellow Canaries".

Farewell Fam :(

Based on your commendable insight, I think he's off to Norwich. ;)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, grifty said:

Hmm, I think the spelling error is deliberate. "Toghe" in Italian means "robes". Robes is how I would say "Rhodes" with a cold. Rhodes is famous for the bronze statue of the Colossus of Rhodes. Bronze is a formulation of yellow. Fenerbahce are nicknamed "the Yellow Canaries".

You must be  Ted Rogers, because this is one of the solutions on 3-2-1.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Hmmm 1
37 minutes ago, grifty said:

You are Ted Rodgers and I claim my Dusty bin.

40 minutes ago, grifty said:

That'll be the Brian Rogers Connection.

(I know my stuff!)

50 minutes ago, grifty said:

And Yellow was the breakthrough single from Coldplay, sung by Chris 'he's got my bloody shirt' Martin. Farewell Fam.

• Haha 2
56 minutes ago, grifty said:

Is there anyway we can include Bill Gates and 5G into this please?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Is there anyway we can include Bill Gates and 5G into this please?

The Colossus of Rhodes straddled the harbour of Rhodes, in many ways it formed a Gate to the city. It was a statue of Helios, the god of the Sun. The Sun emits light, which is part of the electromagnetic spectrum. 5G is transmitted using another part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Diedhiou is a god.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, grifty said:

The ghost of Ted Rogers!

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, grifty said:

**** me it's Ted Rodgers 

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’d have put it in a drawer by now , it’s been on the table for weeks it’ll be wrecked 

On MA’s desk.

High-Res-Stained-Paper-Texture.jpg?width

321, Ted Rogers Dusty Bin. the late 70's early 80's was a zenith for Yorkshire TV.

Anyone remember  a programme called the Indoor league with Fred Trueman, pub games and TV was never a match made in heaven and watching the final of a shove ha'penny competition was unsurprisingly never the ratings winner they anticipated.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

321, Ted Rogers Dusty Bin. the late 70's early 80's was a zenith for Yorkshire TV.

Anyone remember  a programme called the Indoor league with Fred Trueman, pub games and TV was never a match made in heaven and watching the final of a shove ha'penny competition was unsurprisingly never the ratings winner they anticipated.

Jocky Wilson was on and was so nervous he could hardly hit the board, how times have changed.. 

😏 

15 hours ago, downendcity said:

You must be  Ted Rogers, because this is one of the solutions on 3-2-1.

I remember one of the questions on 3-2-1 to a couple of contestants on the show.

'Who composed Handel's Water Music?'

They didn't know the answer despite Ted Roger's repeating the question 3 times! 🤨

1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

You wouldn't see Sue Barker suppin’ a pint ( or even a G&T) while introducing Question of Sport  would you?

Of course you wouldn't now, as she’s been given the chop.

32 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I remember one of the questions on 3-2-1 to a couple of contestants on the show.

'Who composed Handel's Water Music?'

They didn't know the answer despite Ted Roger's repeating the question 3 times! 🤨

What was the answer ?

:whistle:

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, grifty said:

No, no. Rhodes is in Greece; bronze signifies third place. Third place in the Greek league at the moment are Olympiakos. Simples.