IGNORED

Dean Holden was on the Jaeger

Shtanley

37 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Oh thank god, no [REDACTED] or [REDACTED] this episode.

Bit unnecessary & poisonous mate, why don’t you put yourself forward and give up some of your precious time & offer to appear on the Podcast?

I’m sure we’d all be curious to hear your debating style.

9 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Another great episode. **** the miserable ***** on here it's always a cracking listen and one of my fav pods of the week 

if that’s aimed at me then go **** yourself! I have listened to every episode and enjoy them every time, to the time where i actually look forward to them coming out. i find all the presenters easy to listen to and the content is great.

my issue is with the name of it, there is a social media tidal wave happening after deans visitto the 3 lions. i don’t think we as fans should be adding to it.

if it wasn’t aimed at me then i apologise!

Social media “tidal wave”?

He went out for a few pints with a few fans, ******* get over it. He’s a grown man and can do as he pleases, the tools that have an issue with it must be leading very boring lives ruled by restrictions of a virus with a 99.7% survival rate. 

Wind it in it’s pathetic.

14 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

He went out for a few pints with a few fans, ******* get over it. He’s a grown man and can do as he pleases, the tools that have an issue with it must be leading very boring lives ruled by restrictions of a virus with a 99.7% survival rate. 

Ha ha look at this bunch of losers following government guidance during a global pandemic eh! Truly pathetic!

I'm dead 'ard me.

32 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Ha ha look at this bunch of losers following government guidance during a global pandemic eh! Truly pathetic!

I'm dead 'ard me.

Ah yes because the government have displayed such competence in the measures that they’ve already imposed on us and it’s done such a good job to prevent lives being lost that I’ll cling onto their every word.

5 hours ago, JollyestOli said:

FINE,,,SO IM A TOOL.....

You should come take a look at this through my eyes mate - that would wake you up.

Thanks for a good listening. DH take a couple of drinks in Three Lions on saturday and then top of the table sunday. In swedish we say he has bollsinne, it means he knows how a ball is rolling, not only in the field, in life. Early days but so far so good. Bentley said everyone work for the team and help each other. The aim is to get a unit and I think Holden and his staf are in progress. Our team, squad, looks sharp and from being a pessimist, end of last season, Im now look at it in a positive way. One game at the time but in this moment we are top of the table. The vibes are good! COYR!!!

6 hours ago, JollyestOli said:

He went out for a few pints with a few fans, ******* get over it. He’s a grown man and can do as he pleases, the tools that have an issue with it must be leading very boring lives ruled by restrictions of a virus with a 99.7% survival rate

Such a naive and simplistic view of the whole situation. Just shows you don’t actually understand the risks associated with the pandemic. 

For the record, I’ve no problem with DH having a pint with fans

7 hours ago, JollyestOli said:

How's the protest going?

Why is this a talking point? A man goes to a pub and has a beer or plural beers. We all do it to relax and have a laugh with our mates. Dean Holden does it and we start a thread saying ‘Holden is having a few beers’ ‘This won’t go down well’ ‘The club should be looking at this’. 

I tell you what, I’ll go to the pub and start a new thread. It should get a load of views and replies, and my employer should be notified. 

Can we not get it into our heads, Dean Holden is a responsible adult. Who cares if he manages a football club, he’s a human being who likes to have a few beers to wind down. Leave the guy alone. 

5 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Why is this a talking point? A man goes to a pub and has a beer or plural beers. We all do it to relax and have a laugh with our mates. Dean Holden does it and we start a thread saying ‘Holden is having a few beers’ ‘This won’t go down well’ ‘The club should be looking at this’. 

I tell you what, I’ll go to the pub and start a new thread. It should get a load of views and replies, and my employer should be notified. 

Can we not get it into our heads, Dean Holden is a responsible adult. Who cares if he manages a football club, he’s a human being who likes to have a few beers to wind down. Leave the guy alone. 

Whether you agree with what happened or not, you know why it’s a talking point.  Not sure what pretending you don’t know achieves. 

For the record it doesn’t bother me at all. 

8 hours ago, JollyestOli said:

Ah yes because the government have displayed such competence in the measures that they’ve already imposed on us and it’s done such a good job to prevent lives being lost that I’ll cling onto their every word.

That's not what you said originally though is it!

No need to be so insulting to people who disagree with you.

58 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

It’s a talking point because it was good to see. It’s great to see a manager engage with fans and local businesses. No one is criticising him for that. 

People are a bit concerned about the potential attention that could come from the pictures doing the rounds that indicate there were little/no covid precautions taken at the event.

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

Firstly, no one started a thread saying he shouldn't do it.

Secondly, no one really had an issue (though mentioned it might not be wise in a pandemic) until almost 200 photos appeared online showing our manager shaking hands and hugging strangers. It put the rest of the team at risk, as well as the club at risk of a sanction - that's the problem here. No issue with Dean meeting fans, but in the middle of a pandemic it needs to be done sensibly, or maybe not the week that the Government tightens the restrictions.

9 hours ago, JollyestOli said:

Without going into the Holden in the pub thing, because I couldn’t give a shit, you seem to have a very simplistic outlook that is only formed to benefit you. It’s actually very dangerous and is the reason we’re facing a second lockdown, so thanks for that.

It’s nice and blasé to talk about a 99.7% survival rate, except that 0.3% accounts for 19500 deaths. Obviously that’s nothing like the actual statistic but that’s by the by, we should allow for a few thousand deaths if it means you get to stop leading a boring life. 

And you talk about ignoring government advise and what, being more gungho like Trump or Bolsonaro? Again, without any thought or rationale. All incredibly shortsighted and selfish. Good work dkhead. 

7 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Without going into the Holden in the pub thing, because I couldn’t give a shit, you seem to have a very simplistic outlook that is only formed to benefit you. It’s actually very dangerous and is the reason we’re facing a second lockdown, so thanks for that.

It’s nice and blasé to talk about a 99.7% survival rate, except that 0.3% accounts for 19500 deaths. Obviously that’s nothing like the actual statistic but that’s by the by, we should allow for a few thousand deaths if it means you get to stop leading a boring life. 

And you talk about ignoring government advise and what, being more gungho like Trump or Bolsonaro? Again, without any thought or rationale. All incredibly shortsighted and selfish. Good work ********. 

I just googled cases and deaths.

25E0AF80-2D98-4192-A2E0-416FDC0F1F63.thumb.jpeg.fbceaecb9bc5ab3a204a73e53ffedec0.jpeg

Based on the above data, and very crude maths, if 439k have had covid and 42k died, that’s more like a 90% survival rate.  Yes very crude, but 1 in 10 is a lot more stark an outlook than 3 in a 1000 isn’t.

People are forgetting longer term affects too, not just death.

My schoolmate was in ICU in London for 7/8 weeks....gangrene in his joints etc etc.  He won’t know the longer term impacts on his health yet either.

I think @JollyestOliis taking government incompetence with them over-reacting to it and it’s not really that bad.  He could be right.

My view is their incompetence is in underplaying the seriousness of it, and not getting it under control by acting more quickly and imposing more strict rules in the early days.

But one things for sure....it isn’t like flu.

And secondly as cases rise again, people get admitted to hospital.  They may not die (let’s hope not), but they are taking beds away from people who might need other treatments.  Those beds might be lower in numbers because a nurse, or doctor can’t go to work because they are having to self-isolate, or have caught it themselves.  It’s a vicious circle.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I just googled cases and deaths.

25E0AF80-2D98-4192-A2E0-416FDC0F1F63.thumb.jpeg.fbceaecb9bc5ab3a204a73e53ffedec0.jpeg

Based on the above data, and very crude maths, if 439k have had covid and 42k died, that’s more like a 90% survival rate.  Yes very crude, but 1 in 10 is a lot more stark an outlook than 3 in a 1000 isn’t.

People are forgetting longer term affects too, not just death.

My schoolmate was in ICU in London for 7/8 weeks....gangrene in his joints etc etc.  He won’t know the longer term impacts on his health yet either.

I think @JollyestOliis taking government incompetence with them over-reacting to it and it’s not really that bad.  He could be right.

My view is their incompetence is in underplaying the seriousness of it, and not getting it under control by acting more quickly and imposing more strict rules in the early days.

But one things for sure....it isn’t like flu.

And secondly as cases rise again, people get admitted to hospital.  They may not die (let’s hope not), but they are taking beds away from people who might need other treatments.  Those beds might be lower in numbers because a nurse, or doctor can’t go to work because they are having to self-isolate, or have caught it themselves.  It’s a vicious circle.

I know there's a thread on this, but it's a good point. We're where we are because the gov didnt act quick enough. Now they are acting before things potentially get out of hand again - the reaction shows that perhaps people wouldn't have been as understanding if the UK had acted when we had a handful of cases a day.

Second point is a good one. People wanting to return to "normal" and citing people not getting treatment for other illnesses are ignoring the fact that if we let this develop further without action then like you say, there may not be as much space in hospitals to actually treat other people.

Archived