IGNORED

Under 23’s vs Swansea

RedRock

Doing well, giving Swansea a bit of a caning. 4-0.

Louis Britton hat-trick. Looks a decent unit. For followers of the Under-23’s Is he anywhere near ready for a step-up to the first team squad? Heard his name mentioned a bit recently.

Maybe, at last, our Academy is bearing fruit.

14 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Louis Britton hat-trick. Looks a decent unit. For followers of the Under-23’s Is he anywhere near ready for a step-up to the first team squad? Heard his name mentioned a bit recently.

Britton was plucked out of local leagues in the past couple of years wasn't he? So not an academy developed player, more a rough diamond getting the academy polish. He seems to be a lethal goalscorer so hopefully he develops nicely.

38 minutes ago, RedRock said:

3-0 buddy

Screenshot_20200929_153521_eu.livesport.FlashScore_com.jpg

29 minutes ago, mozo said:

Britton was plucked out of local leagues in the past couple of years wasn't he? So not an academy developed player, more a rough diamond getting the academy polish. He seems to be a lethal goalscorer so hopefully he develops nicely.

His old man was a rough diamond. ???

58 minutes ago, mozo said:

Never understand this view, any player who plays for our academy will have played for a local side prior to being picked up. Britton is only 19 now and has been part of the set-up for 18 months at a guess?

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If you’re on about Leon Britton - he put on the best away performance at AG that I can remember!

To be fair it is a very common surname in Senegal.

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Louis also played for Mangos, scored a lot .

Yep, think we snapped him up at the end of the 2018/19 season? He had a loan at Yate where he scored well, then IIRC he spent a few months at Bath where he didn't quite maintain his ratio. From what I read he's definitely got the talent, has a family that supports him, and I suspect we will see him develop well over the next couple of years, with possible regular first team action coming in 2022.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Thanks for that RH.........now I know.

16 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

His Dad is Geoff Britton, used to play for Mangotsfield. Good centre forward he was.

Posts on here occasionally. Mainly in the "Loan Watch" thread when Louis is on loan.

This was our starting XI. Harvey Wiles-Richards, Barney Soady, Vince Harper, Ryley Towler, Tom Harrison, Josh Owers, Opi Edwards (c), Ayman Benarous, Louis Britton, Sam Bell, Zac Smith.

There's some very highly rated players in that team. Britton and Benarous are both widly tipped. Towler has played in our first team, as has Edwards (brother of Owura who is on loan at Grimsby). Soady and Harper are also well fancied and have had decent non-league loans. It's a very decent U23s team.

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah they look an exciting bunch. I think its the current lot Tinnion said he's very excited about. Well he said 'the next lot coming through' last season. Could actually be the current 18s he means, who knows.

I'd be very surprised if Britton even gets a league loan at the moment. But we have seen with Semenyo how quickly these players can develop. It's just all about getting them in the right place at the right time. Britton I agree, I believe he's comfortably over 6ft (may be wrong on that) and can score. Suspect he's trying to shrug off the "came through non-league rather than academy so is 'raw'" tag, but he's probably who I am most excited about.

He looks to me like he could be a very physical, hard working target man who can absolutely smash the ball. So basically the next Alan Shearer!

I've only seen Benarous play once, but that was enough to tell me we have a real talent there. Never seen him play, only going by what others have said plus his England youth call-ups. All makes for excellent reading.

It is amazing to see so many talented kids coming through. And they can see the likes of O'Leary,  Zak, Tyreeq and Anoine getting games. Yep, hopefully there is a proper pathway. U18s -> U23s -> 2 or 3 loan spells -> First XI. Add in some First XI cup/end of season cameos as required/earned.

I noticed Prince Henry was on the bench today. Was wondering about him as it was rumoured prem clubs were looking at him. Daniel Strurride's nephew I think? Not sure where I got that from if he isnt! ? Megan Markle's nephew isn't he? ? Sorry, too easy. I really don't know much about him other than he's a red top headline writer's dream.

To be smashing Swansea and beating Cardiff last week. And we have such a young 23s I think. Quite a number of them are in their late teens. Going from the listings on the OS - Britton is 19, Z. Smith and Harper 20, most of the others are still in the U18s tab so yes likely 18 or 19 at most. The OS actually only lists 10 players on the U23s tab - two are goalies https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/under-23s-squad/

Would be interesting to compare the ages of our 23s with recent opponents. Cardiff actually had 3 senior players playing. The goalie, Cunningham and Tomlin and we still beat them. Often the case isn't it. Nice to see us putting out a proper team of U23s.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

About time the official site sorted out the fixture lists for the youth teams

Agree about the fixtures not being advertised

I know someone that can't get up to the City ground anymore, but really enjoyed getting to the U23 games at Weston last season

As Weston are able to host crowds at games, I wonder how they stand with having fans in for the U23 matches?

I was quick to knock the OS for the lack of information on the last U23 match, but glad to see they have a full match report on their already.

I am a bit puzzled about the lack of sponsor on the kits though. . . .

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/britton-helps-robins-brush-swans-aside/

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Well he definitely played for the City under 15s against Crewe under 15s. I expect he played for the under 16s too though.

He's listed as one of the new scholars when City put their announcement (wouldn't move a lad up early) out in the summer and definitely wasn't an u15 player last season

Archived