IGNORED

The "under 21 premier league efl trophy ".

Midred

Whose idea was it to allow all these extra premier league teams into the efl trophy? The one chance for many of the lesser teams (including ourselves) get their hands on any silverware! You can see that the further they progress the more first team players will appear on the teamsheet making the idea  of the trophy completely pointless!

Rant over! 

1 minute ago, Midred said:

Whose idea was it to allow all these extra premier league teams into the efl trophy? The one chance for many of the lesser teams (including ourselves) get their hands on any silverware! You can see that the further they progress the more first team players will appear on the teamsheet making the idea  of the trophy completely pointless!

Rant over! 

I agree....and perhaps if the PL are gonna help with the bailout they remember the EFL have already allowed them to field u21 teams in their competition.

While I disagree with the idea of the u21's teams being involved, the teams who have them don't play 1st team players in those games..... because they're involved with the 1st team. The only way I'd see a 1st team player being involved would be returning from injury. Thankfully a 21's team hasn't won yet.

15 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

While I disagree with the idea of the u21's teams being involved, the teams who have them don't play 1st team players in those games..... because they're involved with the 1st team. The only way I'd see a 1st team player being involved would be returning from injury. Thankfully a 21's team hasn't won yet.

Have you checked last night's results?

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree....and perhaps if the PL are gonna help with the bailout they remember the EFL have already allowed them to field u21 teams in their competition.

They'll probably think that they've made their contribution by gracing our competion with their superior players!

Totally against U21 ruining this competition...except for 2 reasons and one game!

My mates lad made his debut last night for Chelsea's dev team (which is U23, but actually U21) and they got a point which means they need a win against...the blue few across the City!

So, nothing would give me greater happiness than  seeing (reading about) the young man scoring a hat trick against that lot...and, having seen he made his debut, at 16, for the first team against Brighton in a friendly the other week, he's certainly good enough to put one over that shower.

So, for one game and one game only, I believe the EFL Trophy is the best competition in the land!

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Huh? they're not doing it as a favour. They invited them. Because the EFL wanted money. Because they already were having issues sustaining their terribly run clubs, cups and leagues.

Oh sorry! They were helping the youth players of top clubs develop out of the goodness of their hearts and to help the national team!

23 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Huh? they're not doing it as a favour. They invited them. Because the EFL wanted money. Because they already were having issues sustaining their terribly run clubs, cups and leagues.

Oh sorry! They were helping the youth players of top clubs develop out of the goodness of their hearts and to help the national team!

Why did the PL clubs accept the “invitation” then if it was just a one-sided invitation?  The PL clubs benefit from their young players getting competitive football.  There are benefits to both EFL and PL.

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why did the PL clubs accept the “invitation” then if it was just a one-sided invitation?  The PL clubs benefit from their young players getting competitive football.  There are benefits to both EFL and PL.

Well yes of course. Which is why the PL shouldn't use this as a factor in deciding whether to further help these teams, they already are,

And if they do all go bust, then wahay, the 3rd/4th tier of English football has all Premier league B teams in it. Which is great for them IMO!

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

Well yes of course. Which is why the PL shouldn't use this as a factor in deciding whether to further help these teams, they already are,

And if they do all go bust, then wahay, the 3rd/4th tier of English football has all Premier league B teams in it. Which is great for them IMO!

Just like supermarkets are killing/killed the high street giant premier League clubs will kill the smaller ones. I'm not so sure the premier League clubs are any "better" ran!

Can't wait for the year 2050. Chelsea, with 700 under 23 players will have won league 1 for the fourth time in a row. This year is was Chelsea U23 G beating Chelsea U23 D to the title. What a great vision for the future.

Applying capitalism to all areas of life, what a dream!

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

Just like supermarkets are killing/killed the high street giant premier League clubs will kill the smaller ones. I'm not so sure the premier League clubs are any "better" ran!

Can't wait for the year 2050. Chelsea, with 700 under 23 players will have won league 1 for the fourth time in a row. This year is was Chelsea U23 G beating Chelsea U23 D to the title. What a great vision for the future.

Applying capitalism to all areas of life, what a dream!

Think Simon Jordan said the PL clubs lost £600m between them last year???

What gets me are some of the teams putting their u23 sides in this competition have played in it properly in recent history. This season Brighton, Fulham, Leeds, Leicester, Norwich and Southampton have their youth sides in it. 2 seasons ago both Stoke and Swansea u23's played in it too.

I wonder how their fans would have thought about this happening when they were down in the 3rd tier? You'd have thought these clubs would have a bit more respect for the competition.

Archived