IGNORED

JET signs [for Livingston]

soultrader

Really hope he gets his career back on track.

I absolutely loved him at City (under SOD he was literally the only thing worth watching) & the goal against the blue few was one of the best I have seen us score against them in my 50 years of watching City.

Wish him nothing but the best.

• The title was changed to JET signs [for Livingston]

Once you get below the top two or three teams in the Scottish Premiership it’s about English league 1 or 2 standard. Livingston have the lowest average salary in the Premiership (approx £700 per week) so JET should be a good player compared to those around him. This could be a disadvantage as he won’t have to do much to impress. Being a lazy sort of player it might just be the odd flash of brilliance interspersed with a lot of not doing much 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Really hope he gets his career back on track.

I absolutely loved him at City (under SOD he was literally the only thing worth watching) & the goal against the blue few was one of the best I have seen us score against them in my 50 years of watching City.

Wish him nothing but the best.

I’m what was a really awful season, the partnership of him and Baldock was a joy to watch. 

Talent wise he’s up there with the best I’ve seen play for us, just a shame he never put it to the best use

At times his languid style gave the wrong impression to some but I never doubted his talents, the guy had so much skill. If you look in more detail you can see the effortless glide past an opponent or the precise pass, the unstoppable shot and, of course, that penalty technique.

He got a lovely ovation from the City fans when he returned with QPR and rightly so.

Anyone describing him as lazy is beyond me. He had so much technical ability.

2 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Nothing more than a show pony

I don’t think this is correct as the definition of a show pony is: 
“a person who appears to perform well, but has no real ability” 

JET is a person who has lots of ability but choses not to use his ability. Why he doesn’t apply himself is only known to JET. 

4 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

SPL don't realise what Livingston have signed. Beast.

I think that is true.

If he commits this could be a great move for him to get back in the shop window.

The only problem the lad has is focusing on his football and giving ? to it. If he does he will not be in the SPL too long.

Loved him at AG but he needs to focus, he has more than enough talent to make an impact.

2 hours ago, Swede said:

At times his languid style gave the wrong impression to some but I never doubted his talents, the guy had so much skill. If you look in more detail you can see the effortless glide past an opponent or the precise pass, the unstoppable shot and, of course, that penalty technique.

He got a lovely ovation from the City fans when he returned with QPR and rightly so.

Anyone describing him as lazy is beyond me. He had so much technical ability.

Describing him as lazy is not beyond me as in a lot of matches he contributed two thirds of diddly-squad. He had some great periods with City but there were other periods when he was awful. As with a lot of things it’s easier to remember the good times than the bad times. Having technical ability counts for nothing if a player isn’t prepared to apply it on a regular basis. He had the technical ability to be a regular Premier League player but he’s ended up at Livingston which says it all. SPL = Scottish Pub League 

10 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I think that is true.

If he commits this could be a great move for him to get back in the shop window.

The only problem the lad has is focusing on his football and giving ? to it. If he does he will not be in the SPL too long.

Loved him at AG but he needs to focus, he has more than enough talent to make an impact.

If he’s fit and he plays regularly he will get better and better. I expect his name to be mentioned each time they give the SPL results especially if there is a penalty .Always felt that we should have played him more not just dump him when players returned from injury.

16 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Describing him as lazy is not beyond me as in a lot of matches he contributed two thirds of diddly-squad. He had some great periods with City but there were other periods when he was awful. As with a lot of things it’s easier to remember the good times than the bad times. Having technical ability counts for nothing if a player isn’t prepared to apply it on a regular basis. He had the technical ability to be a regular Premier League player but he’s ended up at Livingston which says it all. SPL = Scottish Pub League 

If he was able to apply it on a regular basis he wouldn:t of been playing for us, personally I loved watching the guy but I also loved watching Tomlin, 

32 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I don’t think this is correct as the definition of a show pony is: 
“a person who appears to perform well, but has no real ability” 

JET is a person who has lots of ability but choses not to use his ability. Why he doesn’t apply himself is only known to JET. 

I honestly feel it became harder and harder for Jay to maintain levels of fitness required to play the best level his ability could manage.

He was a big old unit, and keeping that bulk fit must’ve been hard.  I always think he looked like an American football player, with built in shoulder pads!!!

Wonderful left foot, and able to glide past players.  Wish I’d been there for that Rovers goal....jealous of all of you that were.

Archived