IGNORED

Dean Holden and his Three Lions visit

Phileas Fogg

43 minutes ago, gamon said:

Nothing wrong with the pr campaign if the man behind it is a genuine bloke. Holden is a decent guy and on top of that he's a breath of fresh air following four and a half years of utter bullshit being spouted in every media interview.... And he's winning too which helps.

Totally agree mate. 
I kinda cynically wondered if the PR campaign was a concerted club effort, but Holden certainly carries it out with a genuine panache. 
I like it. 
And if it warms fans to him then great. 

The bloke is genuine, that is very apparent. If people don’t think it’s in his mind that he was not the fans first choice, they are nuts, but this doesn’t mean that he Is not genuinely trying to liaise with the supporters.

Hes been around the club a while now and knows where things don’t go well and his old man/brother get to games, probably even now. 

The guy has done well and Sean is a good guy to know locally (He keeps getting mentioned on Radio Brizz I notice) as are many of the guys that go in there.

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Totally agree mate. 
I kinda cynically wondered if the PR campaign was a concerted club effort, but Holden certainly carries it out with a genuine panache. 
I like it. 

Not sure if you’ve met him Harr, but I cant believe he’s anything but genuine in anything he does, no agendas, no nothing.

I’m sure Dean Holden went with his old man just to chill out and meet a few fans.

I know a mate who was in Tenerife a couple of yrs ago when they had an open training session.He told me he bought a few of the fans a drink in the bar after and was great company.

He seems a genuine bloke and am so pleased things are going well.

Coyr

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I often wondered what the value of doing that was.  When I played it wasn’t difficult to look at the grass length with your eyes and work out whether the ball would zip around or hold up.  Some pitches were longer in the corners so you knew that you could hit balls into that area and it not run out.

Genuinely, how did he use that detail in his preparations?  What was the different between a 10mm grass length and a 12mm grass length.

All a bit of bollox imho.

Possibly..... the 12mm grass was difficult for him to see over........! 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure if you’ve met him Harr, but I cant believe he’s anything but genuine in anything he does, no agendas, no nothing.

Sorry Dave. I think I’ve been misunderstood. 
I 100% believe in Holden’s sincerity and genuity. 
I just wondered if there was a specifically targeted PR effort by the club to engage the fans more. Christ knows they fail on multiple levels in other areas, so they bloody well need to. 
He may well have been ‘encouraged’ to ‘get the fans onboard’ but I have absolutely no doubt that he is doing it genuinely and big kudos to him for that. 

I certainly don’t cast any doubt over the genuine nature of Holden, I just occasionally hold a rather more cynical view of how the club operates. 

And for the record, I certainly wasn’t one who had any toys out of my pram on his appointment - much like yourself, I saw good things in his 5 games at the back end of last season (midfield in particular), so I was always someone who was happy to give him a shot. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Totally agree mate. 
I like it. 

I genuinely don’t think people at the club understand the support enough to dream up an effective PR campaign. I think it’s Holden’s initiative.

It’s important for Dean to make hay at the moment because he’s winning. I’d hate to think he’d go all Mark Ashton and disappear when things start to go awry. 

Lets hope we don’t have to find out. 

For the record, I wasn’t for his appointment, SL’s description wasn’t that of DH, but with 9/9 points, I give my complete encouragement for a Lansdown family “we told you so” party at the end of the season.

Long May it continue. 

9 hours ago, devoncider said:

technically nothing wrong provided all measures adhered to, but it does seem a tad unnecessary given the climate. Just hope he's not pessimistically thinking he might not be here when COVID's gone!

I’ve just seen the photos on Facebook, no measures adhered to at all. Shaking hands and taking photos with people with arms round them.

I think it’s a great gesture but poor timing and if 1 person has turned up asymptomatic it could cause lots of problems.

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I’ve just seen the photos on Facebook, no measures adhered to at all. Shaking hands and taking photos with people with arms round them.

I think it’s a great gesture but poor timing and if 1 person has turned up asymptomatic it could cause lots of problems.

If this is true then i hope the club take strong action.

Just now, MarcusX said:

There’s over 100 photos and could land people in trouble (especially the pub!) if police pick it up, only takes a few gas head to report it. 

The government are encouraging people to go to pubs FFS. I appreciate I'm in a different country, one which , unlike the UK, seems to have dealt competently with the virus, but surely that is a massive overreaction? In any event, surely he just needs to say he was meeting his optician?

2 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

The government are encouraging people to go to pubs FFS. I appreciate I'm in a different country, one which , unlike the UK, seems to have dealt competently with the virus, but surely that is a massive overreaction? In any event, surely he just needs to say he was meeting his optician?

Pretty sure they arent saying shake hands with people.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Sorry Dave. I think I’ve been misunderstood. 
I 100% believe in Holden’s sincerity and genuity. 
I just wondered if there was a specifically targeted PR effort by the club to engage the fans more. Christ knows they fail on multiple levels in other areas, so they bloody well need to. 
He may well have been ‘encouraged’ to ‘get the fans onboard’ but I have absolutely no doubt that he is doing it genuinely and big kudos to him for that. 

I certainly don’t cast any doubt over the genuine nature of Holden, I just occasionally hold a rather more cynical view of how the club operates. 

And for the record, I certainly wasn’t one who had any toys out of my pram on his appointment - much like yourself, I saw good things in his 5 games at the back end of last season (midfield in particular), so I was always someone who was happy to give him a shot. 

No, we are aligned, I was just commenting that I doubt it was a PR stunt. ??

2 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

Some say encouraging, some say allowing there’s a difference. Even still, the rules tightened up this week. Overreaction or not, it’s breaking the guidelines and in some cases the law. People should be wearing masks when not seated at a table, people shouldn’t be “mingling” (government terminology) with anyone outside the group they went to the pub with. Certainly shouldn’t be shaking hands and hugging people taking photos.

Regardless of your stance on covid, them the rules and at the very least, the pub is risking a hefty fine or worse.

Archived