IGNORED

Dean Holden and his Three Lions visit

Phileas Fogg

I am fun at parties. 
But whilst personally I have no issue with it- I don’t think it’s particularly “sensible” to be that visible shaking hands and hugging people- and I know there will be a lot of fuss made IF we, or any of our squad suddenly have positive tests. 

as I say- from my side, fair play Deano. Man of the people and all that

6 hours ago, Harry said:

The cynic in me does lean toward it being a specifically targeted PR campaign due the overwhelmingly underwhelming nature of the appointment. But I also don’t doubt that Holden appears to be very genuine in his efforts, and hats off to him for that. 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure if you’ve met him Harr, but I cant believe he’s anything but genuine in anything he does, no agendas, no nothing.

Holden may well be a genuine and likeable guy but he definitely is PR aware (savvy, even). When he was appointed and thrust in front of the media he had a series of soundbites lined up that popped up multiple times including some politician's answers.

This is about 'pressing the flesh' as they say, but there's nothing sinister to it. Everyone went home happy, I'm sure.

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Looks like the pub did, the club wouldn’t do that. 

Looks like it, looks like the pub also had a party the week before ?‍♂️ Can't say it really bothers me, but in current times I'm surprised any business would want 300+ photos showing them flouting covid rules

23 hours ago, devoncider said:

technically nothing wrong provided all measures adhered to, but it does seem a tad unnecessary given the climate. Just hope he's not pessimistically thinking he might not be here when COVID's gone!

Covid is never going away...It's here forever like Flu. We have to manage it in the same way and get on with life while practicing safe measures.

Fair play to DH.

How can we take 'guide lines' seriously when Parliament's bars are exempt from the 10pm curfew, rules on mask-wearing and gathering customers' details....

If it's so contagious... especially to the elderly with underlying health issues...surely Parliament bars would be prime for such a virus....

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Looks like it, looks like the pub also had a party the week before ?‍♂️ Can't say it really bothers me, but in current times I'm surprised any business would want 300+ photos showing them flouting covid rules

Bizarre. They will be lucky not to be closed down.

Christ those photos are bad, fair play for going up the pub but what on earth was he thinking?

Lets just say someone up there did have it, he’s got potential to give it to the whole squad now. 

I know a lot of pubs will be lax in covid rules but putting photos up of the rules being broken seems daft.

1 minute ago, S25loyal said:

Christ those photos are bad, fair play for going up the pub but what on earth was he thinking?

Lets just say someone up there did have it, he’s got potential to give it to the whole squad now. 

Photos are all over facebook still, I guess no one is too bothered. Wouldn't be a good look if he gets it & spreads it through the club though! He has obviously come into very close contact with an awful lot of people up there. 

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Photos are all over facebook still, I guess no one is too bothered. Wouldn't be a good look if he gets it & spreads it through the club though! He has obviously come into very close contact with an awful lot of people up there. 

Not too bothered or the club themselves aren’t aware they are on there? 

Imagine if it was a player doing that, there would be uproar on here

9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

What if he doesnt get it and doesnt spread it through the club? 

Too many doom mongers on ere

Archived