IGNORED

Dean Holden and his Three Lions visit

Phileas Fogg

1 hour ago, S25loyal said:

Christ those photos are bad, fair play for going up the pub but what on earth was he thinking?

Lets just say someone up there did have it, he’s got potential to give it to the whole squad now. 

I know a lot of pubs will be lax in covid rules but putting photos up of the rules being broken seems daft.

I’m sure he’s been tested frequently but it’s still a valid point. Very naive at best even if intentions were good. 

Read the transcript of the post match press conference in the Post earlier.

Turns out, Holden didn't like his pint of Gold.

Pretty sure his time is up in the west country, and it's time we employed someone who can come in, embrace the culture of the City and lead us to the promised land.

Whilst he might not have any coaching or management experience the only candidate for the role in my view is Jon Stead.

#HoldenTheGoldHaterOutSteadIn

1 hour ago, steveybadger said:

I’m sure he’s been tested frequently but it’s still a valid point. Very naive at best even if intentions were good. 

I don’t think that’s a valid excuse really. You could pay to have a private test done daily if you wanted to, does that mean you can be relaxed in any covid measures in place? 

They are only being tested twice weekly now I understand, that’s plenty of time for a test to show negative you get it and pass it on.

What if you were a player for example who has been super careful during all of this, then find out the managers been out shaking hands with a whole pub etc. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Kid said Matt Parsons was there, so assume club were itk.

Sorry I meant photos being up, if there were no photos then no one would had known what he was doing. 

Like most things in life it’s better being kept off social media.

without the photos it would had just been 

“Holden was up the lions, what a bloke” 

Surely Matt or Dean could have said look lads no photos online etc.

Image wise it looks terrible, you have a manager of a 2nd division football club shaking hands with multiple people, no masks being worn etc.  What do you think would be said if Dean tried to shake the hands of the next manager he faced? 

11 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Sorry I meant photos being up, if there were no photos then no one would had known what he was doing. 

Like most things in life it’s better being kept off social media.

without the photos it would had just been 

“Holden was up the lions, what a bloke” 

Surely Matt or Dean could have said look lads no photos online etc.

Image wise it looks terrible, you have a manager of a 2nd division football club shaking hands with multiple people, no masks being worn etc.  What do you think would be said if Dean tried to shake the hands of the next manager he faced? 

It's one thing to say no photos and a few idiots take their own and put them up, but to actually get a professional photographer in is mind boggling.

11 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

I don’t think that’s a valid excuse really. You could pay to have a private test done daily if you wanted to, does that mean you can be relaxed in any covid measures in place? 

They are only being tested twice weekly now I understand, that’s plenty of time for a test to show negative you get it and pass it on.

What if you were a player for example who has been super careful during all of this, then find out the managers been out shaking hands with a whole pub etc. 

Absolutely agree - certainly not defending it. The more I think about the more cynical I become - turning up in a pub (with the SLO) sounds slightly Kiss the baby politician like, and even if people were coming up to him and he was trying to socially distance, DH had put himself in that position. 

Imagine if LJ had done it......

13 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Absolutely agree - certainly not defending it. The more I think about the more cynical I become - turning up in a pub (with the SLO) sounds slightly Kiss the baby politician like, and even if people were coming up to him and he was trying to socially distance, DH had put himself in that position. 

I reckon the politician that looks most like a baby is Gove.

39 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

27 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

If a Premier League, or better known manager, had done this the media would have been all over it by now too.

If this was a group of lads at my local on Saturday afternoon, I'd think they were a bunch of idiots for not distancing etc.

The fact it's our manager just makes it somewhat embarrassing really. Noble intentions aside, they shouldn't of done this unless they could do it safely, by all means publicise it then.

Hope we've heard the last of it but wouldn't be surprised if we don't.

1 minute ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Another way to look at it would be he possibly, gave up his only free saturday, between, now and christmas, to do good in the local community.

He doesnt strike me as a pr mechant, and nor is the pub.

He was pressing flesh, as somebody else pointed out.

Any other year that would be fine. It's a stupid action by him and i hope for his sake nothing bad comes from it.

There are some really good photos of DH and the landlord (?) in the garden with AG visible in the background.

Not sure why DH wouldn't then have taken a seat in the fresh air and let the fans come to his table, socially distanced on the other side, 1 or 2 at a time?

In his defence I imagine it’s quite awkward (if lads who’ve been had a couple of drinks) come up to you, try to shake your hand and greet you. It’s difficult to decline that sort of interaction without seeing aloof or rude. That’s clearly not the sort of guy Holden is.

It is naive and arguably rather negligent but a tricky one to handle. 

57 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In his defence I imagine it’s quite awkward (if lads who’ve been had a couple of drinks) come up to you, try to shake your hand and greet you. It’s difficult to decline that sort of interaction without seeing aloof or rude. That’s clearly not the sort of guy Holden is.

It is naive and arguably rather negligent but a tricky one to handle. 

I guess the obvious answer is don't put yourself in that position in a pandemic

33 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Good on Dean for doing this. Helping a local business in hard times

Not sure it's much help if the pub loses it's license or gets fined. Not that I'd blame Dean for that though

Archived