IGNORED

Dean Holden and his Three Lions visit

Phileas Fogg

36 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

The pub has put thousands in the club over the last say 22 years.

Well said 2015.

Technically, you coyld equally argue that the pub has taken thousands out of the club, by being open on a match day, therefore denying the club the chance to see a 3 Lion's drinker spent twice as much on a pint of gold! ?

31 minutes ago, mozo said:

One problem with this from a PR perspective is that Gregorface now is within his rights to give Holden difficult questions about the social distancing aspect and write a piece on it. Not sure the club would like that.

If he knows which side his bread is buttered he will not persue that angle, I'd suggest. . . . 

• Admin
2 hours ago, mozo said:

One problem with this from a PR perspective is that Gregorface now is within his rights to give Holden difficult questions about the social distancing aspect and write a piece on it. Not sure the club would like that.

Was he in a group of more than six people?

Seems to me that there were a number of ‘groups’ of fans, all sat at different ‘6-max’ tables. 
Dean visited each table in turn. So I guess it’s not like there was a whole tonne of people all squeezed around him (like we’d have seen at multiple protests, raves, parties etc). 
Did Dean and the people he shook hands with all ‘gel’ their hands prior to contact? Maybe? If they did, does that make it ok? 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Seems to me that there were a number of ‘groups’ of fans, all sat at different ‘6-max’ tables. 
Dean visited each table in turn. So I guess it’s not like there was a whole tonne of people all squeezed around him (like we’d have seen at multiple protests, raves, parties etc). 
Did Dean and the people he shook hands with all ‘gel’ their hands prior to contact? Maybe? If they did, does that make it ok? 

As a PR exercise, clearly a very good idea, was it executed well? No idea. Haven't seen the photos, wasn't there and there is every chance that things will be fine.

If he gets ill, then evidently that changes things.

Wouldn't be worrying myself too much at this stage.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

As a PR exercise, clearly a very good idea, was it executed well? No idea. Haven't seen the photos, wasn't there and there is every chance that things will be fine.

If he gets ill, then evidently that changes things.

Wouldn't be worrying myself too much at this stage.

It's a PR disaster given the current situation. Sure there are plenty of people at the club embarrassed by his actions.

• Admin
1 hour ago, S25loyal said:

Seeing as there was clearly no social distancing, or “safe covid practices” etc I don’t think the group of 6 really makes a difference ?

Out of interest do you know this as you were there, or are you commenting after seeing photos?

I'm very surprised as I know the 3 Lions have been sticking to the guidelines as recently set out

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

Out of interest do you know this as you were there, or are you commenting after seeing photos?

I'm very surprised as I know the 3 Lions have been sticking to the guidelines as recently set out

The no social distancing is fairly obvious from the photos, the last set of photos is from a birthday party the previous week which looks even worse! 

I cant remember the last time i shook someones hand or had arms around peoples shoulders etc, seems every photo is doing that there...

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Commenting from the photos. 

It doesn’t take a genius to see there is a lack of social distancing, masks etc being worn in the photos. 

1 hour ago, S25loyal said:

It doesn’t take a genius to see there is a lack of social distancing, masks etc being worn in the photos. 

Some people on here and our club refusing to take this virus seriously again. Over 7k new cases in the past 24 hours.

• Admin
3 hours ago, !james said:

The no social distancing is fairly obvious from the photos, the last set of photos is from a birthday party the previous week which looks even worse! 

I cant remember the last time i shook someones hand or had arms around peoples shoulders etc, seems every photo is doing that there...

The party the week before was before the latest restrictions came in.

Nothing wrong with shaking hands with people in your group etc

3 hours ago, S25loyal said:

Possible that I am looking at a different few photos to what you have seen.

The one's I have seen, the people are sat down (don't have to wear masks), the others are outside with just DH, again a mask doesn't have to be worn

1 hour ago, Super said:

Some people on here and our club refusing to take this virus seriously again. Over 7k new cases in the past 24 hours.

You probably want to have a read of the coronavirus thread,only 3% of positive (initial tests) last week were from pubs etc.

Also to realise what restrictions are in place in a pub, and that those restrictions don't apply outside the pub - but lets not debate this as we all know how nuts those rules are

Thanks to the replies above though, we are "singing from the same song sheet" but have a feeling we are looking at different pictures.

I wonder what would happen if Klopp walked into The Arkells tonight?

Archived