IGNORED

Taylor Moore : CONFIRMED Three year extension

Jimbo76

11 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Also report that WBA wanted him, let’s hope the OS confirms his new deal soon.

It was being reported that WBA were interested in Moore while he was on loan at Blackpool at the end of last season. Talk that they were ready to offer £3m for him.

I really hope this new contract is signed soon, Taylor is clearly very happy at the club & it would be another massive positive for the club right now.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He was for about 10mins.....and iirc he went off to play for Egypt without permission and that quite rightly pissed the manager off......

It was for his old team wasn’t it, a ‘farewell’ match. In Egypt but not for Egypt.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

It was for his old team wasn’t it, a ‘farewell’ match. In Egypt but not for Egypt.

And he never did get a transfer anywhere, save for a couple of low key loans. 

The funny thing is, he probably wasn't good enough anyway.

It's good to get it done now, before he's totally established and there's actual interest rather than this. It's definitely worth investing in his potential.

Seems like Watford are the club for for lazy journalists filing space and/or player agents to link their clients to in contract negotiations these days. Weren't they buying Morrell too?

Actually, of all the people we think are in contract negotiations Moore has the highest potential IMO.

5 minutes ago, Prinny said:

It's good to get it done now, before he's totally established and there's actual interest rather than this. It's definitely worth investing in his potential.

Seems like Watford are the club for for lazy journalists filing space and/or player agents to link their clients to in contract negotiations these days. Weren't they buying Morrell too?

Actually, of all the people we think are in contract negotiations Moore has the highest potential IMO.

They might be, but the article says that West Brom were interested in him.

I seem to remember that Taylor took a huge pay cut at his own instigation to stay with us when signing last time, has that continued? If so, I hope this contract is generous enough to make up for that.

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I seem to remember that Taylor took a huge pay cut at his own instigation to stay with us when signing last time, has that continued? If so, I hope this contract is generous enough to make up for that.

That was sorted out in his last contract (I believe) where the deferral he elected to take was covered.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2019/sep/25/bristol-city-taylor-moore-mbappe-coman-england-france-liverpool?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

1 hour ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Great news.

Will only improve, future City captain for sure.

Whatever the contract Taylor will be a premier League player in the not too distant future...

Will help obviously to get the best deal possible for ourselves when the time comes,,so great news all round.

Hope he's now being financially recognised for his loyalty & professionalism!

25 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I doubt he would of been on the bread line with his last contract, I’m sure he could of still afforded the better things in life, especially for someone in their early 20’s. So I wouldn’t of thought the club really has any making up to do.

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Whoops didn't read properly, thanks for the correction!

I hope he's taken another pay cut to extend his contract. That would help the club we support. Paying each of our players as little as possible should be what we supporters want. Because the less we spend on wages for one player the more money we can spend on others to help improve the overall quality of the team. Or hey, keep other staff employed, or maybe even reduce ticket prices!

Remember that he benefited from staying at the club longer. He was doing it to improve his own career chances. And the gamble worked out so fair play to him. But we definitely don't owe him for that. He believed we were the club to help him develop. We invested coaching time and the use of our facilities into him for another year so it's mutually beneficial or it wouldn't have gotten done. Great that it seemed to have worked out for everyone.

The narrative that he did it because gee golly gosh darn it he just loves the club sooooooooo much is a nice story to tell children.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Oh yeah......:whistle:

Whatever happened to GJ?  :dunno:

Not sure but certainly put you in your place.

Still the only manager in recent time to get us 90 minutes from the Premiership. Not bad for a conference manager :cool2:

Archived