IGNORED

Taylor Moore : CONFIRMED Three year extension

Jimbo76

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

I hope he's taken another pay cut to extend his contract

I hope he hasn't. He deserves to be paid the going rate. 

Why should he be paid 20-30% of what Kalas is getting? 

In your job have you offered to have the lowest liveable salary?

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

I hope he hasn't. He deserves to be paid the going rate. 

Why should he be paid 20-30% of what Kalas is getting? 

In your job have you offered to have the lowest liveable salary?

The going rate is whatever he agrees to.

I hope he does because it benefits the club I support.

You want Moore to have more money? Why? Makes no sense if you support Bristol City more than Taylor Moore.

"In your job have you offered to have the lowest liveable salary?"

That's not relevant because I'm not criticising whatever money he makes or a even a desire to make the most he can. But what I am saying is that the less we (the club) pay for him the better, which is pretty obvious to anyone.

20 minutes ago, Prinny said:

The going rate is whatever he agrees to.

I hope he does because it benefits the club I support.

You want Moore to have more money? Why? Makes no sense if you support Bristol City more than Taylor Moore.

"In your job have you offered to have the lowest liveable salary?"

That's not relevant because I'm not criticising whatever money he makes or a even a desire to make the most he can. But what I am saying is that the less we (the club) pay for him the better, which is pretty obvious to anyone.

I appreciate that clubs have to start to cutting their wage bills, which I guess is what you are alluding too, but I don't think the way to do this would be to tell a talented younger player that his reward for hard work and perseverance is to take a cut in wages for the next 4 years. It would be an odd piece of motivation both for him and any other youngsters who might be considering their future. 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I appreciate that clubs have to start to cutting their wage bills, which I guess is what you are alluding too, but I don't think the way to do this would be to tell a talented younger player that his reward for hard work and perseverance is to take a cut in wages for the next 4 years. It would be an odd piece of motivation both for him and any other youngsters who might be considering their future. 

I wouldn’t anticipate he’s taken anything like a pay cut for this new contract, no way at all he would of.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Firstly let's assume it's agreed. So whatever it is that he gets he must be happy with or he wouldn't have signed it. right? Let's assume nobody put a gun to his head. Reasonable so far?

So next we take our view as Bristol city supporters. Which do we want more? Taylor Moore having more money or Bristol City having more money? Well as a supporter of Bristol City, I think it's fairly logical to want Bristol City to have the money and not Taylor Moore. Again is that reasonable?

So why do I WANT/HOPE he took less money? Because that benefits Bristol City FC. 

Do I think he has? Of course not. It wouldn't make any sense to. Do I begrudge him in any way whatever he agreed to? No. Because it's his personal choice to sign and the clubs to offer him what they did. Freedom good.

2 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Firstly let's assume it's agreed. So whatever it is that he gets he must be happy with or he wouldn't have signed it. right? Let's assume nobody put a gun to his head. Reasonable so far?

So next we take our view as Bristol city supporters. Which do we want more? Taylor Moore having more money or Bristol City having more money? Well as a supporter of Bristol City, I think it's fairly logical to want Bristol City to have the money and not Taylor Moore. Again is that reasonable?

Well thanks for "Mansplaining" economics to me, I feel so honoured.  

I am sure he has agreed the terms of the contract and it's at a figure that both the club and the player are happy with. As he is already in contract (all be it a shorter one), I doubt it going to be for less money than he is currently earning. Is that reasonable to assume?

22 minutes ago, tin said:

Great news if this is true. But, seriously, if Moore and Vyner have penned new deals, why the hell isn't it on the club website first? Our media department must do better. 

Because City seem to like announcing things on an evening rather than during the day, presumaby the customary photographs and interviews also have to be done.

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well thanks for "Mansplaining" economics to me, I feel so honoured.  

I am sure he has agreed the terms of the contract and it's at a figure that both the club and the player are happy with. As he is already in contract (all be it a shorter one), I doubt it going to be for less money than he is currently earning. Is that reasonable to assume?

No problem! You didn't seem to understand why I'd hope he was on less money than more. So as that concept eluded you, I genuinely felt more explanation was necessary. Edit and now you put the confused emote on the previous post, so I guess I was right!

17 minutes ago, Prinny said:

So why do I WANT/HOPE he took less money? Because that benefits Bristol City FC. 

Do I think he has? Of course not. It wouldn't make any sense to. Do I begrudge him in any way whatever he agreed to? No. Because it's his personal choice to sign and the clubs to offer him what they did. Freedom good.

And yeah I said that myself in the above post. "Do I think he has? Of course not. It wouldn't make any sense to."

But what's happened and what I hope has happened are two different things.

23 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

If I was the club I would still be cautious about Moore and Vyner. No hurry.

Technically I guess there isn’t but while both are playing & the team are getting results, it will attract attention from other clubs. And if those nosey clubs look & see that we have two central defenders that are English, under 25 & they have only 9 months or so left on their contracts, it’s likely to attract a lot of attention.

So if we can on as we are or close to it & then decided to offer them a new contract in January, their heads may be already turned & there is no chance of us getting them to sign a new contract or it could cost us a lot more? By agreeing things now, any head turning is going to cost any potential buyer a proper fee rather than us losing them for nothing because we were too slow to act.

Form a footballing perspective & a business perspective, this makes perfect sense.

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Technically I guess there isn’t but while both are playing & the team are getting results, it will attract attention from other clubs. And if those nosey clubs look & see that we have two central defenders that are English, under 25 & they have only 9 months or so left on their contracts, it’s likely to attract a lot of attention.

So if we can on as we are or close to it & then decided to offer them a new contract in January, their heads may be already turned & there is no chance of us getting them to sign a new contract or it could cost us a lot more? By agreeing things now, any head turning is going to cost any potential buyer a proper fee rather than us losing them for nothing because we were too slow to act.

Form a footballing perspective & a business perspective, this makes perfect sense.

I still bear in mind their performances against Coventry

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Just 20 months ago @Agard Days Night told us he had signed for Southend and a lot of fans didn’t seem to care.  His potential was clear and he is now realising it.  Another reminder that young players improve a lot.  It’s just spotting players ceilings that’s so important 

Thought he was in a pub in Luton?

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

But what I am saying is that the less we (the club) pay for him the better, which is pretty obvious to anyone.

So on this point you pay as much as you can for games? If a ticket is £30 and you can afford to pay £60 you pay it right? Cause the money goes to the club so it's better than you only paying £30.

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I still bear in mind their performances against Coventry

While forgetting their performances against Stoke & Sheffield Wednesday in particular?

They are unlikely to be great every game, that’s why they are playing in the Championship & not for Bayern Munich but they are still young enough that they are still learning.

Realistically the worst that could come from them signing their new contracts is that we manage to sell them for a couple of million pounds each at some point in the future.

Realistically the worst that could of come from them not signing their new contracts is that they walked away next summer for nothing or very little if we were lucky & let’s not forget, with the current financial climate around the world unlikely to show any signs of easing any time soon, especially for football league clubs, we are unlikely to be looking to spend the sort of money we spent on Kalas to replace two central defenders that we could of lost for nothing.

As I said previously, not getting them signed to new contracts made no sense at all.

25 minutes ago, Selred said:

So on this point you pay as much as you can for games? If a ticket is £30 and you can afford to pay £60 you pay it right? Cause the money goes to the club so it's better than you only paying £30.

No of course not, because I support myself, more than I support the club. It is better for the CLUB, but that's not better for ME (except in the way that it supports the thing that gives me entertainment)

Me>BCFC>Taylor Moore.

There's a hierarchy here of my support.

If you want Moore to have money instead of the club, then your priority is Moore>BCFC which is odd to me, unless you're his friend or family member.

There's no logical inconsistency with my views.

5 minutes ago, Prinny said:

No of course not, because I support myself, more than I support the club. It is better for the CLUB, but that's not better for ME (except in the way that it supports the thing that gives me entertainment)

Me>BCFC>Taylor Moore.

If you want Moore to have money instead of the club, then your priority is Moore>BCFC which is odd to me, unless you're his friend or family member.

We all (or most of us) support the club more than any one player and for the vast majority of us that support is unconditional but, speaking for myself at least, I also want to see the club doing the right thing by staff. It makes me more comfortable in my support feeling that we aren't in it to screw employees over. Plus, it seems to me that if a club is seen to be too tough on negotiations it will eventually bite them on the backside. Recent Spurs is a case in point in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Me>BCFC>Taylor Moore.

Pretty selfish ain't ya fella 

8 minutes ago, Selred said:

Pretty selfish ain't ya fella 

YES!

It's good to have self worth. And it's healthy and sane to value yourself over someone else who you don't know (who seems to be doing fine), and an entertainment company.

You value either of those things more than your own happiness?

Then you must be giving ALL of your money to Taylor Moore using your logic! Right? Or are you admitting to being selfish too?

10 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

We all (or most of us) support the club more than any one player and for the vast majority of us that support is unconditional but, speaking for myself at least, I also want to see the club doing the right thing by staff. It makes me more comfortable in my support feeling that we aren't in it to screw employees over. Plus, it seems to me that if a club is seen to be too tough on negotiations it will eventually bite them on the backside. Recent Spurs is a case in point in my opinion.

What's "too tough" if both sides agree? If both sides agree and understand where is the screwing over? No one is being forced into anything here.

I'd hope that most supporters support IS actually conditional. Like no one should be that much of a supporter of anything you ignore everything they do.

Archived