IGNORED

Taylor Moore : CONFIRMED Three year extension

Jimbo76

2 minutes ago, Prinny said:

What's "too tough" if both sides agree? If both sides agree and understand where is the screwing over? No one is being forced into anything here.

I'd hope that most supporters support IS actually conditional. Like no one should be that much of a supporter of anything you ignore everything they do.

I'd suggest that Daniel Levy's reputation as a tough negotiator may have prevented Spurs from signing a few players.

I have no experience with the football industry but I did use to work in the music industry. It is rare that there is a situation where both parties have an equal bargaining position, particularly when signing young artists. The record companies that tried to exploit their bargaining position the most over young acts at an early stage were the ones that were most often involved in litigation and lost  out when they got really big. If we are using the current situation with Covid to get Moore and Vyner on long term contracts on the cheap, they will be more likely to screw us over in the future. 

That's the practical point of view. Ethically, I'd like to see us do the right thing too.

4 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Just 20 months ago @Agard Days Night told us he had signed for Southend and a lot of fans didn’t seem to care.  His potential was clear and he is now realising it.  Another reminder that young players improve a lot.  It’s just spotting players ceilings that’s so important 

Deals dead move on.

6 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Because City seem to like announcing things on an evening rather than during the day, presumaby the customary photographs and interviews also have to be done.

Interesting that Max, Vyner and Ashton were photographed together, so City staggered the announcement over two days.  Will be interesting if we see Moore signing and a new photo with MA, ZV, MO?

5 hours ago, Whites said:

My cousin asked him personally today if this was true, he replied with a smile and a nod of the head.....

He has form for lying!  Yes, sweet and innocent Taylor Moore.  When he joined the club, I chatted to him in the carpark ahead of the Villa game, and asked if he’d received international clearance.  He said no.  Fibber, he was named in the 18 and came on as sub.  You just can’t trust him! ???

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting that Max, Vyner and Ashton were photographed together, so City staggered the announcement over two days.  Will be interesting if we see Moore signing and a new photo with MA, ZV, MO?

He has form for lying!  Yes, sweet and innocent Taylor Moore.  When he joined the club, I chatted to him in the carpark ahead of the Villa game, and asked if he’d received international clearance.  He said no.  Fibber, he was named in the 18 and came on as sub.  You just can’t trust him! ???

Almost certain that the TM renewal is waitin to be announced, 80% confident Liam Walsh is done and wouldn't be suprised if Bakinson has also signed a new deal too.

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Must admit I’m yet to be fully convinced by ZV... but those offering the contracts know better than I do. 

IMO he is not going to be on anything close to Mawson and Kalas.

Let’s say his good early form drops off a bit and he goes into a backup role.

Would you not be convinced of his ability as a cheaper bit part player?

I think it’s a nice luxury that a lot of other clubs at our level don’t have. 

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I've heard that actually Del is travelling down on the back of a giant tortoise, which is why he hasn't got here yet.

Have you also got an insider at the club James who exclusively deals in failed transfers, incorrect information about squad harmony, and any other totally false nonsense?

I'm so jealous of you ITK lot.

• The title was changed to Taylor Moore : CONFIRMED Three year extension

If there was any player I want to succeed it’s Taylor Moore. Taking the pay cut to get a new contract originally. Going on loan with no complaints, even when unjustified. Seeking the armband. Plus, there is a lot of natural ability there. Things to work on no doubt, but if you were asking for “DNA” and “Attitude” (and a good human!) hes undoubtedly your man. 

Based on attitude alone he’s an international player. Here’s hoping the ability makes the same strides.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

If there was any player I want to succeed it’s Taylor Moore. Taking the pay cut to get a new contract originally. Going on loan with no complaints, even when unjustified. Seeking the armband. Plus, there is a lot of natural ability there. Things to work on no doubt, but if you were asking for “DNA” and “Attitude” (and a good human!) hes undoubtedly your man. 

Based on attitude alone he’s an international player. Here’s hoping the ability makes the same strides.

100% agree with that and, like you say, I really want him to succeed.

I'm sure he will.

Well deserved and what a thoroughly decent young man.  A credit to himself and his family.  The sort of fella I'd like to see my daughter bring home.  

Well deserved and what a thoroughly decent young man.  A credit to himself and his family.  The sort of fella I'd like to see my daughter bring home.  

Ok so confirmed 3+1 (I'm assuming a club side option) 

If he's amazing we can renegotiate or sell after two years, if he ends up being a squad player or average player then that's a good contract length.

We can cut ties on both him and Vyner in 3 years, and I guess that's an indication that the club view them pretty similarly. Don't have wage details to factor into that view obviously.

26 minutes ago, Dog said:

Not convinced. When he has come up against good championship strikers he has been found wanting regularly. 

Hopefully he has improved but time will tell.

Not sure what you're basing that on, but he's been our best defender over the past 3 games. 

Very pleased with the news. Not only is be a very good player, but he seems like a fantastic individual with a great attitude.

Archived