IGNORED

Failand uncut 006

Tipps69

Each time I have watched these videos they have a good mixture of repetition for the physical work and variety in the technical work. The players seems to really respond and enjoy it. 

I suppose Morrell is on his own as he is not ready for contact work yet? 

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Each time I have watched these videos they have a good mixture of repetition for the physical work and variety in the technical work. The players seems to really respond and enjoy it. 

I suppose Morrell is on his own as he is not ready for contact work yet? 

Yep, just getting him used to the difference of the give in the ground on grass compared to running in the gym etc.

And it is definitely advantageous if you can mix up training & give the players something different to spend their time on. It means the players continue to be focused rather than bored, especially as this week has been a full week of training with no midweek game & the introduction of Downing & Simpson will certainly of helped with that as well, new ideas from different sources.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Great to see Joe Williams out on the grass with the rest of the lads.

Yes, and Dasilva as well. Might we see one of them in the squad this weekend?

Also, at 2:20 there's a lad with number 61. Looks very like Brad Webb - who is supposedly on loan at Newport. Do these loanees come back and train with us sometimes?

22 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Also, at 2:20 there's a lad with number 61. Looks very like Brad Webb - who is supposedly on loan at Newport. Do these loanees come back and train with us sometimes?

DH did say in his press conference yesterday that we might see another of the recently injured players available for the weekend but Dasilva was named in the squad against Wednesday anyway.

It maybe that Newport weren’t training today as the firsts played Newcastle yesterday so they may all just get the day off (not knowing how big their squads are)?

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Lachlan Robertson - GK.

The guy wearing 61 is academy goalkeeper Lochlan Robertson.

Lochlan Robertson 

Lochlan Robertson profile image

14 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Kalifa Cisse still looks a class act although this  on his Wikipage I would argue is a tad exaggerated

"Cissé was described as the best centre half in the history of the game by former Ballon d’Or winner Zinedine Zidane".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalifa_Cissé

Reading Wikipedia you would also think he was still in Australia.

In June 2018, Cissé joined A-League club Central Coast Mariners on a one-year contract.[14] He made his debut on 1 August 2018 in the Round of 32 of the FFA Cup against Adelaide United where they lost 3-0.[15] Cissé retired on 30 January 2019, taking up a coaching position with the Central Coast Mariners Academy.[16][17]

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Noticed a lot of pass and move drills there. Probably best after some of our play in the first half on Sunday...

I would guess that’s the plan with the system we’re playing, mobile midfielders who can make runs beyond strikers.

I certainly expect to see more 3rd person runs this season than we did last season but then that shouldn’t be too difficult after last seasons static bore fest that was dished up game after game. Just a shame we’re not allowed to be there to actually watch our midfield being allowed to control & pass the ball during an actual match.

Archived