IGNORED

"Just one more thing": Best winning start in tier 2 since Columbo was born

Curr Avon

This thread certainly went places.

If we're talking old cop shows, I'll offer one of high nostalgic quality. Because these were the politically incorrect days, before terrestrial television became pure unmitigated - for the most part - garbage. These were the days, as a youtube comment states, when the credits open with a Mk1 Granada flying through a plate glass window.

Also fondly remembered as these were the days when we were in the First Division.

The shot of Lewis Collins walking down the street at 0:27 is one of the coolest things ever. R.I.P. Lewis, you were a hero to a whole generation.

Correct.

12 minutes ago, OneCity said:

If we're talking old cop shows, I'll offer one of high nostalgic quality. Because these were the politically incorrect days, before terrestrial television became pure unmitigated - for the most part - garbage. These were the days, as a youtube comment states, when the credits open with a Mk1 Granada flying through a plate glass window.

Also fondly remembered as these were the days when we were in the First Division.

Correct.

Comic strip - the bullshitters....

50 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Correct.

The 2  male stars of 70’s TV big  testosterone fuelled police hits- John Thaw and Martin Shaw - followed similar TV careers thereafter.

Shaw becoming a senior detective ( George Gently) and  a High Court Judge ( previously a barrister) while Thaw also went on to become a senior detective in Morse and Queens Council in Kavanagh.

43 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

In terms of weird City related things, last night I dreamt that Tyreeq Bakinson started for England.

He was also white.

Make of that what you will. 

That’s what happens when you use cider instead of mouthwash before going to bed!

Archived