IGNORED

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day 4

Good morning city fans!

Now I'm sure this has been mentioned already but a certain referee is in charge today.

Oh yes, the massive City hater Keith Stroud will be walking into the pitch with the teams. But here's a fun fact: he hates Forest too and their supporters haven't taken it well either........

I've been using www.worldfootball.net for these stats - https://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/keith-stroud/nottingham-forest/4/

So the stats for Stroudy v Forest are thus: 24 games reffed of which 5 Forest wins, 11 losses and 8 draws. Compared to our stats of 24 games reffed by him, we have 3 wins, 13 losses and 8 draws. 

Digging deeper, I've found that he has also given us 34 yellow cards and 2 red cards during those 24 games - ratio suggesting he's always putting his hand in his pocket during City games. Compared to Forest, he's given out an incredible 43 yellows and 2 reds in Forest games. That's nearly 2 yellows per game...

Safe to say he hates Forest too...

So if the Forest fans are anything like us, Keeeeef won't be flavour of the month with them. I headed over to the forum and I wasn't disappointed. 

"Keith Stroud against WBA was definitely bent"

"That ref is a ****."

"I don't want to upset anybody but Keith Stroud is an absolute c-word."

So today's game could literally go either way. Forest fans are losing confidence with their manager Sabri Lamouchi and have yet to win since they beat us back in July. Forest supporters are hoping for a City win to be the final straw in ending Sabri's management.

Because of Stroud and the balanced way he's treated both teams, I'll say 1-1 draw but expect lots of cards and even a penalty.

COYRS!

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-flashback-jordans-underdogs-4571059

Brought the memories flooding back . So close . One of my favourite kits . Can’t believe that was 30 odd years ago . 

As for today going for 2-1 city

Yeah, great kit. Was actually my first kit I ever had. Keep hoping they will bring it back in some form. Crazy it was 30 years ago. COYR 

1 hour ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Agreed. I don’t agree with this, ideal post to show the Forest players before kick off. I prefer being more humble 

41 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

That’s a nice poster for their gaffer to print all over the changing room...

Why do we do this?

Because they’re a betting company and want to encourage people to bet on the game 

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Blimey, just had a read of the Forest match day thread on their forum. They're not expecting much and one of their posters thinks we'll win the league!

No pressure then!

I don't really understand why Forest are struggling so badly, they've a very good side.

Yeah be good to get a point here regardless of previous results. I see some of their fans think this is his last game if they lose. Not quite sure how they set up and im sure @Davefevs has an overview worth noting. I'm going for a 2-2 draw with the ref being centre of attention!

I would say Forest have enough quality to (at the very least) finish top half. Looking at their forum its seems it could be make or break for Sabri. So in an odd way I think he will either manage to get the players up for it and begin to turn things around  - in which case we lose by a goal. Or he is unable to get the players motivated enough in which case we win comfortably and he goes. 

Archived