IGNORED

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day 4

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

That was a tough tough watch and not a good performance. We looked more secure once Brunt came on so I'm glad Holden changed the formation by swapping an AM for a CM.

4 out of 4 dreamland.

No, but if you read @Davefevspreview, he pretty much got it spot on. If anything this should have been a home win.

The fact we won speaks volumes.

Bentley MOM. AW also fantastic, even seemed to play through a bit of a knock at the end of the 2nd half - he was everywhere. Vyner and TB both much improved 2nd half young players who will only get better with these experiences and time. A very, very tough win, but also a really good one too. 

Great away performance. Gutsy. Bodes very well. Brilliant start to the season - congratulations to Dean Holden. I wasn’t at all convinced but wow he has done well! Great move to recruit experience alongside him. 

Enjoying the Robins TV coverage. Becoming more confident by the week. 

Funny game, at 0-2 I could really see us getting a third before HT, but that Freeman goal changed the complexion of the game.

Good performances almost all round today, thought Pato was poor - ran into blind alleys a couple of times in first half when we broke and guilty of several sloppy passes. 

4 out of 4 with Kalas, Williams & Walsh to come back into yet, brilliant really.

Chris Martin outstanding until he tired late on.

7 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Or fortunate for Forest they weren't there when they went 2-0 down after losing the previous 3! Wouldn't have been a good atmosphere for them.

Maybe, although it never seems to work that way for us. All takes is one goal out of nothing, like freeman’s today and the crowd get behind them, particularly a side like Forrest who do have the players to get momentum going. 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Remember when people used to slaughter me when I used to say how shit Lee Johnson was

whether it lasts or not....how much better is it at the minute. Not just results, but our overall play 

We had some great spells of football under LJ, you can't just judge him just on his last season, likewise you can't compare Holden after 4 games this season.

Phew, glad that's over.  Tough watch in the second half.  Forest really stretched us and their Wide Forwards stopped our WBs getting us forward and cycling the ball side to side.  Suggests there's a bit of work to do for our 352 versus a 4231 (then 442).

Bentley will rightly get the plaudits tonights, and I give out a rare 10 out of 10.

Vyner came back well in 2nd half, Pato drifted after being involved in everything 1st half.  Weimann a strong last 20.

We created our own problems to some extent by not finishing them off on the counter-attack.

Little shout out for Tommy Rowe, who was so steady today.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Phew, glad that's over.  Tough watch in the second half.  Forest really stretched us and their Wide Forwards stopped our WBs getting us forward and cycling the ball side to side.  Suggests there's a bit of work to do for our 352 versus a 4231 (then 442).

Bentley will rightly get the plaudits tonights, and I give out a rare 10 out of 10.

Vyner came back well in 2nd half, Pato drifted after being involved in everything 1st half.  Weimann a strong last 20.

We created our own problems to some extent by not finishing them off on the counter-attack.

Little shout out for Tommy Rowe, who was so steady today.

Why was you nervous? You called the correct score before kick off. 

Archived