IGNORED

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day 4

17 minutes ago, downendcity said:

You’ve got that wrong max, I’m sure his catchphrase was nice to see you, to see you nice.

Mind you, when he holed a putt he might well have said something similar! :) 

Surely............"You don't get anything for a pair, not in this game" ?  ?

I am just eternally grateful that the huge and prolonged groundswell of support from all of us fans, eventually persuaded the board to do the right thing, and  appoint the only man all of us ever wanted to get the managers job...............I think i''d betterl eat a few more of these mushrooms and have a nap ?

Got to be honest , I was nervous as **** during that second half. However ,this was the best of the four wins for me. Great determination to dig in for the points ,it was a combination of forest playing well and us creating a few of our own problems. that will be great learning curve for the club . A few got a bit (Hollywood ) after going 2 up with casual passing and not being switched on . Having said that .  We will have to grind out games and having the likes of Chris Brunt to come on and guide the younger lads through games is invaluable. 
Oh , and Andi Wiemann needs drug testing . What a shift he put in. I did have concerns about him in midfield but it could be a master stroke from Dean.

I'm loving the shit-housing. I know it's been said. How often are we on the other side of this. 

We let them have the ball after we went 2 up. Made them look better than they are. Worldie from Freeman and a couple other lucky bounce/ bobbely half chances. Ball into the box always delt with. 

It was brave from DH to shut up shop, but it worked. 

DH hinted this week that he wanted an explosive start to not give them hope. I believe this game went to DH's game plan to the letter. 

Well done boys and DH

Screenshot_20201003_182534.jpg

1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

Thought we were miles off second half, went long too quickly and struggled to stem the tide, but it's the type of game you win when confidence is high and things seem to be dropping for you.

Feel a bit for Lamouchi, who's quite likely to be sacked off the back of that despite his team being way better than us on the day.

On another day Florist could have scored 3 or 4, as others have said Bents was outstanding today. So I agree have to feel for Lamouchi.

We were IMO largely outplayed after Freeman scored and were dominated in the second half but nevertheless showed great grit and character to hold onto three points when at 0-2 it looked  like we could have a field day. 

1 hour ago, Clevedon Red said:

Ally McCoist watching the game for soccer Saturday. Thought the display from Bentley was one of the best he’s seen from a keeper in a long time. Thinks we should get the playoffs but believes there are better teams vying for automatics.  4 down, 42 to go.

I find it hard to disagree with that. Best goalkeeping performance since Jack Butland for Stoke vs us at home/ Max's game against Villa. I'd even say Bentleys performance today topped those performances.

Archived