IGNORED

Tyreeq Bakinson is Quality

5 minutes ago, 054123 said:

My point is, if his performance today was ‘average’, then where do you place his ‘better’ performances?

I think he's had a couple of very good performances, and a couple of average to decent ones. It's a few games in, against good but not great opposition.

I'd place his better performances so far as a good higher level championship midfielder personally. If he kept his best performances up he'd get into most top 6 champ sides imo.

But definitely too early to be saying any better and he'd be high end prem. That would make him our best player in how long, ten years? More probably.

I'm really excited to see him develop but don't want to get too carried away as he's a young lad and will have poor games and dodgy form, which we have to accept.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Packman said:

Very poor first half, was so sloppy and far to cocky after going 2 up. But fair play to him he came out second half and was much much better, did all the simple things like he's been doing all season. Like having a new big money signing, hopefully he keeps his head down and works hard, he can go a long way if he wants to.

I think it's the "David Gower Syndrome" he does everything in such a relaxed way, it looks sloppy or casual when it goes wrong.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Phenomenal display today by the youngster.

What Holden is asking of him is a hell of a lot, yet he is stepping up to challenge.

Won so many balls today and played so many settling passes.

Not MOM today and yes one or two errors, but all things in, he probably has the hardest role at present and has been phenomenal.

dont tell em pike..........

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think it's the "David Gower Syndrome" he does everything in such a relaxed way, it looks sloppy or casual when it goes wrong.

I know exactly where you're coming from, but I do think he was particularly sloppy today in the first half. Gave the ball away so many times, trying some flicks and no look passes when he really didn't need to. He was noticeably different in the second half, I think Dean or one of the coaches must of had a chat with him. And fair play to him for taking it on board and playing the way he did second half, much better. Long way to go but think we have a gem on our hands. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Weinmann really,alright I know a goal sometimes glosses over a performance but he was poor barely touched the ball last 40 minutes 

You must have watched a different game to me. 

Weimann frustrates me quite often but I thought he was very good today and his running is unreal.  There is a reason why he always gets picked. 

Edited by Jimbo76
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

What Holden is asking of him is a hell of a lot, yet he is stepping up to challenge.

Not MOM today and yes one or two errors, but all things in, he probably has the hardest role at present and has been phenomenal.

Great double use of the word fernominal, congrateulationions on bieng abel to spell it

Edited by potbelly
spelling misteak
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Weinmann really,alright I know a goal sometimes glosses over a performance but he was poor barely touched the ball last 40 minutes 

He might not be what you see in the Premiership but there’s not many as good as him in the championship. He was everywhere today, making chances, tackling, closing down opposition, being a pest and showing experience. 

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

I rarely get annoyed with other peoples opinions but AW worked his arse off today and was involved at both ends throughout right until the end. He was even clearly playing through pain at the end and still making runs to cover and press. If this is your honest assessment I can only conclude you were listening to and not watching the game. 

It's a 'forum'  Everyone is entitled to a view, whether you agree or not. (I actually agree with you ! FWIW) Everyone will see things differently. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, redapple said:

He might not be what you see in the Premiership but there’s not many as good as him in the championship. He was everywhere today, making chances, tackling, closing down opposition, being a pest and showing experience. 

Without sounding like robbered I don’t watch premiership because Brighton v Everton to me is as exciting as geordie shore ,I do however watch the championship and he’s good at running about so I agree with you,as for creating chances I’m not sure on that one 

3 hours ago, Ecko said:

I thought he was average at best today. Bit naive at times and inexperienced. He was better second half, but nothing to write home about. 

Bentley motm followed by Weimann.

Depends on whether you are using “average” as in average or “average” in a derogatory way like some people do.  For me, overall he did what I expected him to today....good bits and sloppy bits.  I don’t do half marks but he was somewhere between a 6 and a 7.

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Fantastic second half but poor first half. But that shows he can come back out and perform. Same goes for Vyner who was far better second half.

Agree, I though his couple of casual bits first half were a bit of a catalyst to giving Forest encouragement.  It’s all a learning curve, and he was better second half.  Vyner likewise.

I suspect at h-t Holden or the coaches re-emphasised to both of them the quality of the Championship and how easy it is to be punished.  They both show the ability to soak up info and act upon it.

2 hours ago, Mr Hankey said:

Dont think people are appreacitating the fact that he is bossing the central/defensive midfield on his own, Pato and Weimann are essentially additional strikers who run more (no disrespect at all with this comment to the pair, its the way we are playing & Andi does chip in very well defensively when needed). He has been unreal so far, i know it’s early days, but this guy is gonna have some of the top scouts watching him, pure class.

I don’t think he bossed it today.  If he was we wouldn’t have been under as much pressure.  I do think it does disrespect Pato and Weimann...it is a midfield unit, and they compliment each other (in the main).

He is looking good though for a youngster playing his first games at this level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Depends on whether you are using “average” as in average or “average” in a derogatory way like some people do.  For me, overall he did what I expected him to today....good bits and sloppy bits.  I don’t do half marks but he was somewhere between a 6 and a 7.

Agree, I though his couple of casual bits first half were a bit of a catalyst to giving Forest encouragement.  It’s all a learning curve, and he was better second half.  Vyner likewise.

I suspect at h-t Holden or the coaches re-emphasised to both of them the quality of the Championship and how easy it is to be punished.  They both show the ability to soak up info and act upon it.

I don’t think he bossed it today.  If he was we wouldn’t have been under as much pressure.  I do think it does disrespect Pato and Weimann...it is a midfield unit, and they compliment each other (in the main).

He is looking good though for a youngster playing his first games at this level.

He is doing more than Smith & Massengo/Nagy (& who ever else LJ fiddled with for a 2 man midfield) did as a pair all on his own, dont see how there is a disrespect to Weimann or Pato in there from my comment? Neither have ever been centre mids in their career, Bakinson is doing the role of 2 players on his own currently & is outstanding.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

He is doing more than Smith & Massengo/Nagy (& who ever else LJ fiddled with for a 2 man midfield) did as a pair all on his own, dont see how there is a disrespect to Weimann or Pato in there from my comment? Neither have ever been centre mids in their career, Bakinson is doing the role of 2 players on his own currently & is outstanding.

It was the bit where you said bossing it on his own, but it’s just good we are talking about positive impacts. ??

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It was the bit where you said bossing it on his own, but it’s just good we are talking about positive impacts. ??

Fair enough, i wasnt trying to negavtively impact Andi & Pato’s role to the team & i understand that he was maybe a bit sloppier at times on the ball today than against Stoke & Sheff Weds but i just think the role he is currently performing is brilliant, early days none the less & heres to hoping things stay on the up!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prinny said:

Yep great to have him under contract under 2023

His mistake led to the free kick, and him not closing down quickly (along with others) allowed Freeman to shoot.

Doing great, but he's a young player who is going to make young player mistakes. It'll be very interesting to see how he and we do against the top teams in the league.

Forest will be a top team in this league.

5 hours ago, 054123 said:

This is the difference this season these lads are getting games,Him playing today is that extra game of experience playing against better players playing at bigger settings the lad is absolute quality along with vyner Morrell O'Leary semenyo, I'm proud to see it and makes watching city even more enjoyable.

• Like 3