IGNORED

Tyreeq Bakinson is Quality

7 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

After his debut. one of the best ive seen from a young un in years.

He would have had a few teams watching him il bet.

Only stating the obvious, but we are going to struggle to keep this kid next year.

We had the same conversation about Massengo this time last season. Bakinson is 8 months away from being a Premier league footballer if he can keep his standards up. It could be life changing for him and £20m for us. But that's a big ask.

• Like 3

Thought I would bump this thread to remind us all that a lot of players are young and need time to develop. 

We also as fans get it wrong. Look at all the comments here about how good bakinson is going to be, no doubt the same fans are 'not bothered ' about him leaving. 

This isn't a criticism, more a reminder at how quickly the tide can turn and we should stay balanced in any praise and criticism of young players in particular like Scott,  benerous etc

Hopefully bakinson goes on to have a successful career, hes an academy graduate after all.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

Thought I would bump this thread to remind us all that a lot of players are young and need time to develop. 

We also as fans get it wrong. Look at all the comments here about how good bakinson is going to be, no doubt the same fans are 'not bothered ' about him leaving. 

This isn't a criticism, more a reminder at how quickly the tide can turn and we should stay balanced in any praise and criticism of young players in particular like Scott,  benerous etc

Hopefully bakinson goes on to have a successful career, hes an academy graduate after all.

That's a Luton Town academy graduate. 

• Like 2

I don't actually think he's a bad player, just obviously not on board with whatever role is being asked of him right now and so best for him to move on. He certainly had chances to play under NP, but is obviously not fully onboard with what we are doing right now. Wouldn't surprise me if he matured into a very solid Championship player.

12 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

I don't actually think he's a bad player, just obviously not on board with whatever role is being asked of him right now and so best for him to move on. He certainly had chances to play under NP, but is obviously not fully onboard with what we are doing right now. Wouldn't surprise me if he matured into a very solid Championship player.

Yep, he’s capable at Championship level, but it depends what you want him to play…and who with.

I made a point last year that in that he had Weimann and Paterson in top form in those early games, but as they dropped out through injury, Tyreeq’s influence waned.

• Like 1

I think what is abundantly clear after this week is that 'quality' has had very little to do it.

As has been posted many times this season, he simply goes missing and refuses to get involved.

I've posted a couple of times in match day threads that when we are on the front foot as a team, he looks great. The moment it gets tough and we have to dig in or fight, he simply hides.

Of all the things Pearson detests, this attribute has to be right up there.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

That's a Luton Town academy graduate. 

Ahh yes of course. My mistake. 

Clearly the brainwashing from Robins tv where the entire focus of our losing home run during lockdown was how great it was to have so many academy players playing worked better than it should have on me !!

Apologies 

Just now, The Humble Realist said:

It's just interesting to read it back. Pat Murphy obviously rated him too but talk of fighting off premier league clubs shows how quickly things can change. 

Maybe we will face a similar situation with massengo

I think even Pearson may rate his 'ability' but sadly thats only part of it.

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

I've posted a couple of times in match day threads that when we are on the front foot as a team, he looks great....

I know I’m of the wrong generation, but I’ve never thought of posting on a match day thread whilst attending a game of football - I look up at the wider world out there and see things with my own eyes - it’s a little bit sad how some people spend the majority of their day looking down at a device - especially at a ‘live’ football match - unless you weren’t actually attending any ‘live’ matches ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know I’m of the wrong generation, but I’ve never thought of posting on a match day thread whilst attending a game of football - I look up at the wider world out there and see things with my own eyes - it’s a little bit sad how some people spend the majority of their day looking down at a device - especially at a ‘live’ football match - unless you weren’t actually attending any ‘live’ matches ...

It’s the same at concerts where the view of the artist is often obscured by thousands of phones being held up in the air videoing the whole event just to post on Twitter or Farcebook to say ‘ I was there ‘ . Only you weren’t were you ? 
You were distant because of your desire to capture the show and not appreciate and ‘ feel ‘ it. 
Cameras and video recorders are banned from cinemas why can’t the organisers of live events demand that spectators put their phones away during the concert?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

? This made me chuckle?

I tend to have a scan at halftime and see what people are thinking who have a different view.

I also think people who can’t make it would like to hear from fans who are at the game, I know I would.

Lastly, in a sad effort to keep this club alive, I take down 3 boys and often one of their friends. This means at half time I’m often stood in an empty S26 either reading One Team (fanzine) or scanning the forum and the bbc sport website, whilst everyone else is a having a beer. If it makes you feel better I could take my pocket transistor and listen to the radio instead ??

Youre probably of a similar age/generation to me (a little bit older), I just use my phone for stuff other than just ringing my mum ?

Edited by 054123
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s the same at concerts where the view of the artist is often obscured by thousands of phones being held up in the air videoing the whole event just to post on Twitter or Farcebook to say ‘ I was there ‘ . Only you weren’t were you ? 
You were distant because of your desire to capture the show and not appreciate and ‘ feel ‘ it. 
Cameras and video recorders are banned from cinemas why can’t the organisers of live events demand that spectators put their phones away during the concert?

I take no pride in saying ‘I was there’ ?

13 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I totally agree - at a recent-ish gig I had to ask a young chap in front of me to kindly lower his iPad (through which he was filming the gig) as I couldn’t see a bloody thing and I certainly didn’t wanna watch the gig through his sodding iPad - I long for the frenetic gigs of the ‘70s and ‘80s when we just had a brill time without pissing of those behind us ... ?

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I totally agree - at a recent-ish gig I had to ask a young chap in front of me to kindly lower his iPad (through which he was filming the gig) as I couldn’t see a bloody thing and I certainly didn’t wanna watch the gig through his sodding iPad - I long for the frenetic gigs of the ‘70s and ‘80s when we just had a brill time without pissing of those behind us ... ?

Happened today in front of me. Four  youngsters stood up, blocking our view, videoing our fans  celebrating our third goal after Cardiff restarted the game. Had to politely request them to kindly refrain from inhibiting our sightlines and requested them to return their posteriors to their seats, please.

• Flames 1