IGNORED

Was it me or did I miss read it...

BCFC1512

5 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

But Wells looked very p1ssed off about being subbed??

He did, but if Holden was going to make a change up top he was always likely to be the first to come off.

Martin tires late on but his hold up play is invaluable when you are holding on.

1 minute ago, Alex#40 said:

The ref made him go off on the other side of the pitch so he was moaning about that I think. He smiled almost as soon as he was off. Just didn’t allow him to waste any time. That’s how I saw it anyway.

Either that or moaning about coming off at a defensive corner.

1 minute ago, Alex#40 said:

The ref made him go off on the other side of the pitch so he was moaning about that I think. He smiled almost as soon as he was off. Just didn’t allow him to waste any time. That’s how I saw it anyway.

That’s what I thought as well, he was shouting at the ref. And to be fair Stroud was a cock making him go off that way. 

Think he was frustrated at not being able to stroll off towards our bench at a very leisurely pace!

I am a massive fan of Wells. Seems like a proper professional, and him and Chris Martin are a very good front two. Thought he had a couple of poor touches today - however, he is our sharp edge, he is clinical, street-smart and a striker of the ilk that every successful club needs.

I think his body language when he joined us last season was worrying and we did not play to his strengths, but this has clearly changed now and looks like he is enjoying his football.

If he stays fit he bags 20 this year with our system.

By the way, I am a huge advocate of bringing on a fresh front two to see out the game rather than trying up load the midfield or try and stifle the opposition late on.

In our 4 from 4 streak we have disrupted the other lot with giving them a distraction and a fresh set of problems rather than a predictable “men behind ball and attack us” mindset.

Great stuff.

2 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

By the way, I am a huge advocate of bringing on a fresh front two to see out the game rather than trying up load the midfield or try and stifle the opposition late on.

In our 4 from 4 streak we have disrupted the other lot with giving them a distraction and a fresh set of problems rather than a predictable “men behind ball and attack us” mindset.

Great stuff.

Really good point.  There were so many occasions where Holden’s approach to keep going forward left me thinking that we’d get our third and that would be game over.  Had he tried to go with another midfielder we might have just got camped in.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Really good point.  There were so many occasions where Holden’s approach to keep going forward left me thinking that we’d get our third and that would be game over.  Had he tried to go with another midfielder we might have just got camped in.

I would've liked to have seen Brunt on earlier for Pato just to bring a bit more calmness in midfield whilst still leaving two up front for counter attacks. 

14 hours ago, Kibs said:

Hopefully he was pissed off.

Shows it means something to him and he’s up for it. 

Absolutely. I may be wrong, but kind of got the impression when he first signed this wasn’t where he wanted to be 

He seems to have settled and he enjoying himself now. Great to see 

Archived