IGNORED

Sabri Lamouchi: Update - now sacked and replaced by Chris Hughton

Lanterne Rouge

Just now, Northern Red said:

The comparisons between Holden and Hughton will get very tedious very quickly, regardless of how it works out for both. It'll just be a different set of posters doing point scoring, depending on which one of them is doing better.

OTIB at it's very best, you mean?

Fair to say their recruitment process was a bit shorter than ours.

Their squad is easily a top six one based on paper, they looked completely bereft of defensive organisation on Saturday, which Hughton will definitely give them.

Put it this way, I reckon we will be very glad of the 12 point head start.

It's an interesting appointment. 

CH came across as a man of integrity who has turned down a few "basket case" jobs waiting for the right one to come along.

I think it's fair to say that he wanted his own staff, full control of player recruitment, a lot of money to spend, big wages and bonuses.

Forest on the other hand seem like a little trigger happy with managerial appointments and are signing and moving players on. Now is that at the behest of the former manager or the new one?

Something doesn't look right here!

• The title was changed to Sabri Lamouchi: Update - now sacked and replaced by Chris Hughton

Oh my don’t you just love the fickle world of football.

Last season when we played Forest their fans sang Lamouchi’s name From start to finish with so much gusto that I can’t not hear it every time I read his name. 

46 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The comparisons between Holden and Hughton will get very tedious very quickly, regardless of how it works out for both. It'll just be a different set of posters doing the point scoring, depending on which one of them is doing better.

They both begin with a H

31 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Rumour, and only rumour and whispers, was that Mr Houghton had no plan here, messed up his interview.  Fake news or not who knows. 

He’s not got much of a window left so let’s see what he does with an admitted talented squad.  Great fun to watch from our perch ?

I think I would prefer to have a great team ethic and togetherness as we appear to have as opposed to a bunch of talented individuals 

I think Chris Hughton has his hands full at Forest trying to gel them into a viable contender this season but he took Brighton from the bottom of the league to promotion so he has been there and done it before 

6 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I think I would prefer to have a great team ethic and togetherness as we appear to have as opposed to a bunch of talented individuals 

I think Chris Hughton has his hands full at Forest trying to gel them into a viable contender this season but he took Brighton from the bottom of the league to promotion so he has been there and done it before 

The main difference at Brighton though was that he had an owner there that wasn`t a nutter who demanded instant success.

Forest could have easily won Saturday if it wasn't for some heroics from Bents.

They just need organising at the back and they will beat better teams than us this season

I'll be surprised if Hughton doesn't get them top six.

As for our Dean, I like him, he seems to have a fans mentality and he is doing exactly what I asked for. Got a system he is sticking to, using players to fit the system and we are getting shots on goal (which we sadly lacked under LJ)

The only sad thing is we are not able to be down the Gate cheering them on, which they richly deserve at the moment.

Am I the only one surprised Hughton went to Forest? Forest change manager all of the time (Karanka one still baffles me to this day) and even sacked Lamouchi a couple of months after signing a new contract. Also they made so many changes to their squad for a manager who’s just been sacked so surely Hughton would want his players in immediately. Will be interesting to see how this pans out

3 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Am I the only one surprised Hughton went to Forest? Forest change manager all of the time (Karanka one still baffles me to this day) and even sacked Lamouchi a couple of months after signing a new contract. Also they made so many changes to their squad for a manager who’s just been sacked so surely Hughton would want his players in immediately. Will be interesting to see how this pans out

I think after not getting the job here Hughton had to lower his sights. I don’t mean in terms of club size, I mean in terms of control and ability to reshape a squad.

Fact is that he’s been out of work for 18 months. Several championship jobs have come and gone since then, and he’s not got them. If he didn’t get this job (or Derby if it came up) he’s yesterday’s man. He’s 61. He’s Curbishley.

Do I think Hughton, or a lot of managers, would want a club who having finished just outside the top six have brought in and sold/released double figures in each category, with only a passing acquaintance with FFP and dodgy intra club dealing? In an ideal world, no.

Hughton likes stable. Forest are the definition of unstable. They don’t seem to naturally fit but I reckon he’s taken them as it’s the last bus he can hop on. Should be interesting.

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think after not getting the job here Hughton had to lower his sights. I don’t mean in terms of club size, I mean in terms of control and ability to reshape a squad.

Fact is that he’s been out of work for 18 months. Several championship jobs have come and gone since then, and he’s not got them. If he didn’t get this job (or Derby if it came up) he’s yesterday’s man. He’s 61. He’s Curbishley.

Do I think Hughton, or a lot of managers, would want a club who having finished just outside the top six have brought in and sold/released double figures in each category, with only a passing acquaintance with FFP and dodgy intra club dealing? In an ideal world, no.

Hughton likes stable. Forest are the definition of unstable. They don’t seem to naturally fit but I reckon he’s taken them as it’s the last bus he can hop on. Should be interesting.

Very fair point, I can see that. Whether it’s the right one or not we’ll have to wait and see I guess

9 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Stand by for the Blackburn v Forest 3pm game on 17 october to beamed to an audience outside of the U.K.

That'll be Blackburn v Chris Hughton's Nottingham Forest?

7 hours ago, glastonred said:

Given the long gulf between them over many years, do Forest fans have the same relationship with Notts County as we do with Rovers?

I know a Forest fan quite well, never mentions Notts County, Derby are far bigger rivals to Forest so I guess County are irrelevant  just like Rovers are irrelevant to us.

6 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Just seen a stat that in his 4 full seasons in championship he’s finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th!

o well, in Holden we trust 

Sounds like he's getting worse in his old age. 

Dean Holden has never been manager of a championship team who've not been top of the league..! 

10 hours ago, bris red said:

They didn’t mess about in appointing him did they? 

They haven't messed around really in appointing any of the last two dozen or so managers, and that's just this century!

And they won't mess around in sacking him either, based on current rates that will be around Easter. 

Archived