IGNORED

Sabri Lamouchi: Update - now sacked and replaced by Chris Hughton

Lanterne Rouge

13 hours ago, Coppello said:

It doesn't sound like Forest went through a rigorous and vigorous process in appointing Hughton so promptly. 

Tbf the amount of appointments they've made over the last few years, they've probably already interviewed every available manager at least once

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

I know a Forest fan quite well, never mentions Notts County, Derby are far bigger rivals to Forest so I guess County are irrelevant  just like Rovers are irrelevant to us.

It’s different - I’d say the Forest vs County rivalry is closer to us vs Plymouth or even Yeovil. Would be quite interesting if in same league but when you’re not you don’t really care.

Us vs Rovers is a real derby with animosity. 

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s different - I’d say the Forest vs County rivalry is closer to us vs Plymouth or even Yeovil. Would be quite interesting if in same league but when you’re not you don’t really care.

Used to be ???

36 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Tbf the amount of appointments they've made over the last few years, they've probably already interviewed every available manager at least once

They've probably already interviewed the manager to replace Hughton! 

58 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It certainly was when I first got into football but, in all honesty, Rovers have been in a division below us for so long now that I struggle to think of them as a rival, or particularly relevant. It would obviously change if they came into the same division but it's been so long that I've been even slightly concerned about Rovers out-doing us that I see Cardiff and even Swindon as bigger rivals, simply because there is more recent history. 

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Fair to say their recruitment process was a bit shorter than ours.

Their squad is easily a top six one based on paper, they looked completely bereft of defensive organisation on Saturday, which Hughton will definitely give them.

Put it this way, I reckon we will be very glad of the 12 point head start.

It will be interesting. My memory is that Hughton isn't a quick-fixer and, depending on what has gone wrong this season, I don't know that I necessarily expect him to turn it around overnight. I'd not be surprised if Forest were steady this season and then, if he gets next season as well, became a real force in the division. 

14 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Fair to say their recruitment process was a bit shorter than ours.

Their squad is easily a top six one based on paper, they looked completely bereft of defensive organisation on Saturday, which Hughton will definitely give them.

Put it this way, I reckon we will be very glad of the 12 point head start.

They will have to do very well this season to get anywhere near us, 12 points is a lot, even an average season like last for us will mean Forest would be certainties for top 6, do you really see that with the start they have had? I have no doubt they will probably improve but still reckon we will finish above them.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don’t think the 2 Nottingham clubs have been rivals for a very long time. Forest’s rivals are Derby, County’s are Mansfield.

Forest/county last played in the league cup 1st round 9 years ago,

The last time in the league was 26 years ago. 

Its hard for anyone to be classed as a rival when you are playing them as little as that. 

In the last 40 years they have only placed each other 12 times. 

I hadn't realised this, but Forest really have raced through the managers over the past decade or so. Below  shows their managerial records since the last man to take charge for more than 60 games (Davies' first spell in 09-11). Numbers are games managed, won, drawn, lost, and win %. Will Hughton last the season?

image.thumb.png.3d3f5e77358410257447a3590a16376a.png

On 07/10/2020 at 09:47, LondonBristolian said:

It certainly was when I first got into football but, in all honesty, Rovers have been in a division below us for so long now that I struggle to think of them as a rival, or particularly relevant. It would obviously change if they came into the same division but it's been so long that I've been even slightly concerned about Rovers out-doing us that I see Cardiff and even Swindon as bigger rivals, simply because there is more recent history. 

Yeh these days our biggest derby is Cardiff, which has always been bitter but less so since they moved into the car park of an out of town shopping complex. 

I’d say Rovers’ biggest rival now is FGR. Used to be Bath so they are clearly improving and maybe we should be worried in a decade or two.

Archived