IGNORED

Vyner and Moore

Dog

Whilst both of these continue to improve I cant help but feel that we need Kalas back soon to solidify the defence. I have no quarm with one starting, but today against an average Champ side both of these struggled.

I thought Vyner improved 2nd half, but first half he was dire on par with the 0-4 Brighton hammering coming to mind.

People will say that they only conceded once but let's be honest we were very very lucky and Bently was outstanding to keep us in it.....Mawson struggled at times as well.

So far we have played 4 sides in the bottom half, I worry against the top  sides that they're inexperience and tendency to get caught will start to impact on games....no problem with 1 starting, I would have Moore over Vyner, but perhaps we should get a loan in just in case as currently DH has no choice.

We were very fortunate today, and neither of the above had good games....a cause for concern.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Whilst both of these continue to improve I cant help but feel that we need Kalas back soon to solidify the defence. I have no quarm with one starting, but today against an average Champ side both of these struggled.

I thought Vyner improved 2nd half, but first half he was dire on par with the 0-4 Brighton hammering coming to mind.

People will say that they only conceded once but let's be honest we were very very lucky and Bently was outstanding to keep us in it.....Mawson struggled at times as well.

So far we have played 4 sides in the bottom half, I worry against the top  sides that they're inexperience and tendency to get caught will start to impact on games....no problem with 1 starting, I would have Moore over Vyner, but perhaps we should get a loan in just in case as currently DH has no choice.

We were very fortunate today, and neither of the above had good games....a cause for concern.

Vyner was poor first half , big improvement second half. For me didn’t close Freeman down enough for their goal 

A slightly more reasonable take on things compared to some of your other recent posts.

For what it's worth, I agree that both starting and playing so much does expose us. They're young, relatively inexperienced and will be caught out on occassion.

But we don't have anyone else right now so what point is there in discussing?

Just now, Dog said:

I enjoyed Robins TV today (hated it last season, now into it !) and TINNION as pundit  reminds me of Owers  ( not just because of his accent) on radio Bristol with his knowledge.

Tinman eluded to the fact Zak was a bit loose in first half and allowing them too much room, but improved second half.  TM was OK and I do think TK will be a first choice on his return for sure but both ZV and TM will rightly get plenty of game time and both these are going to become really decent.  

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

I don't care where they are in the table, you cannot play a team like Forest with that forward line and not expect them to cause you problems. I thought they had excellent games against the best strikers they have played against this season. So far according to you, every time we play a team, they are poor,mediocre or toothless, presumably because you are apparently unable to praise the team, management or anybody associated with the club.

I don't think we were lucky at all. Defending is as much a part of the game as attacking. Its not our fault that the Forest strike force was inept. Bentley had a really good game but then again that's his job. A keeper is supposed to makes blocks and saves not stand around waiting to pick the ball out of the net. 

It's still very early days but to this point I'm not too sure who these better sides are. While it is inevitable that we will lose some games I've seen nothing yet that scares me or anything to make me believe that we can't find a way to cope. 

I think we do need 1 more with the amount of games we have to play, after the international break we have so many and baker isn't back for a long time. And let's be honest he's likely to get injured again. We need to sale or loan a few midfielders before recruiting though.

7 minutes ago, daored said:

Vyner was poor first half , big improvement second half. For me didn’t close Freeman down enough for their goal 

Not sure it’s his responsibility to close him down. He showed Freeman onto his right foot which is correct. The midfield all retreated into the box. Feel like Bakinson should probably be closing that down.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't care where they are in the table, you cannot play a team like Forest with that forward line and not expect them to cause you problems. I thought they had excellent games against the best strikers they have played against this season. So far according to you, every time we play a team, they are poor,mediocre or toothless, presumably because you are apparently unable to praise the team, management or anybody associated with the club.

Agree. 

Vyner and Moore have done really well. Won 3 in a row with them against 3 established championship clubs. That is quite impressive considering they have less than half a season’s worth of minutes combined at this level. I think Kalas needs to come in for one when he is back but I also think there is no need to rush him back. 

Also, why is there a thread on these lads after every game? Mawson has 2-3 moments a game that frighten the hell out of me and he is much more experienced than both Moore and Vyner. The good news is they are all covering for each other and putting their bodies on the line. There isn’t a desperate need to change anything right now. 

Surprised at this. I thought they both did well. They were not the issue. More the fact we sat 10 yards to deep and couldn't keep the ball after conceding. Not a good performance but three points being the main thing. I'm sure the coaching staff are not completely satisfied and know improvements are needed.

That said, I'm buzzing and the character shown is there for all to see.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Not sure it’s his responsibility to close him down. He showed Freeman onto his right foot which is correct. The midfield all retreated into the box. Feel like Bakinson should probably be closing that 

I agree the midfield were too deep , but Zac pushed out and therefore in my opinion should have pressured the player more. 

18 minutes ago, Dog said:

We've only played 4 games so the comment about only playing teams in the bottom half doesn't really apply in my mind at this stage of the season. The comment may make some sense later after a few more games.

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I cannot believe anyone's even asking whether we need to bring in loan players. We're top of the league, with 3-4 regulars from our youth policy, keeping more experienced players of our own out of the side.......stick with it!

They will need a rest from time to time though. 2 games a week for a couple of months isn't sustainable imo. I'm not saying they aren't doing a fantastic job but squad depth this season will be vital.

24 minutes ago, Dog said:

I'm confused forest are not average and will hammer someone soon when all those expensive players gel. 

24 minutes ago, Dog said:

I'm part, they're bottom half BECAUSE we beat them. With the exception of Forest, and Wednesday's points deduction, 3 of the 4 would be top half had we not beaten them. 

I congratulate you on once again managing to find multiple negatives, this time from a 4th league win in a row, kudos to you. 

25 minutes ago, Dog said:

The same forest who hadnt scored a goal all season!!

Wont be fit until the new year.

The fact they hadn't scored was pretty much a sure bet they would today, its football, don't you understand? Your continuous moaning is becoming tedious, Vyner is learning as he plays, we have no other option, but he will be a better for it. It's football don't you understand?

25 minutes ago, Dog said:

The same forest who hadnt scored a goal all season!!

Wont be fit until the new year.

Archived