IGNORED

Vyner and Moore

Dog

9 minutes ago, BigTone said:

We've only played 4 games so the comment about only playing teams in the bottom half doesn't really apply in my mind at this stage of the season. The comment may make some sense later after a few more games.

Plus you would not really class Stoke and forest as bottom half teams 

3 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

I'm part, they're bottom half BECAUSE we beat them. With the exception of Forest, and Wednesday's points deduction, 3 of the 4 would be top half had we not beaten them. 

I congratulate you on once again managing to find multiple negatives, this time from a 4th league win in a row, kudos to you. 

Put Dog on ignore is my advice.

He’s unbelievably negative and it makes suspect that he could a :gasmask: spy........

Just now, Dog said:

They are bottom half teams. League table doesnt lie.

Four games in.............:cool2:

A few points have been made, only having 3 fit centre halves when we're playing 3-5-2 means that a loan makes sense. If we could get Benkovic back that would be awesome. I also agree that Kalas will come straight back in and Vyner and Moore will compete for the other spot until Baker is back. One more centre back in the door and this could be a big, big season.

2 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

A few points have been made, only having 3 fit centre halves when we're playing 3-5-2 means that a loan makes sense. If we could get Benkovic back that would be awesome. I also agree that Kalas will come straight back in and Vyner and Moore will compete for the other spot until Baker is back. One more centre back in the door and this could be a big, big season.

Why would Baker displace Moore? 

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Whilst both of these continue to improve I cant help but feel that we need Kalas back soon to solidify the defence. I have no quarm with one starting, but today against an average Champ side both of these struggled.

I thought Vyner improved 2nd half, but first half he was dire on par with the 0-4 Brighton hammering coming to mind.

People will say that they only conceded once but let's be honest we were very very lucky and Bently was outstanding to keep us in it.....Mawson struggled at times as well.

So far we have played 4 sides in the bottom half, I worry against the top  sides that they're inexperience and tendency to get caught will start to impact on games....no problem with 1 starting, I would have Moore over Vyner, but perhaps we should get a loan in just in case as currently DH has no choice.

We were very fortunate today, and neither of the above had good games....a cause for concern.

We don't need loans. The back four would be safe if we played with O'Leary behind Vyner, Moore and Towler!

My goodness, we have our best start to a season since 1927 and you are not satisfied.

Well you can now inherit the title of "Moaner" given to me by Chris Garland at Plymouth in 1961.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

My goodness, we have our best start to a season since 1927 and you are not satisfied.

I think that, while we are top of the league, Dog is unhappy and what iffing and fretting about us at some point not being top of the league. And then, when we are no longer top of the league, Dog will be unhappy and what might have been-ing and fretting because we were once top of the league, but no longer are top of the league.

I don't think it is ever possible for Dog to be happy/content/not fretting. Wherever we are in the league. 

Bakinson was the only thing stopping Forest coming at us again and again.

For me the biggest thing is that Pato needs dropping, granted he scored against Sheff Wed, but for me he's gone MIA over the course of the last three fixtures. It could be he's tiring, in ehich case I'd get Morrell or Nagy in. Both whom do a bit more work defensively.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Bakinson was the only thing stopping Forest coming at us again and again.

For me the biggest thing is that Pato needs dropping, granted he scored against Sheff Wed, but for me he's gone MIA over the course of the last three fixtures. It could be he's tiring, in ehich case I'd get Morrell or Nagy in. Both whom do a bit more work defensively.

I thought he was brilliant for 35 minutes today, but didn’t get into it second half.

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought he was brilliant for 35 minutes today, but didn’t get into it second half.

Eh. Opinions ultimately.

The issue I have with Pato is that if he was good for a whole half, you could argue he's doing his job to an extent. But Id say he's only doing a job 15-20 minutes a game. Basically 1 in 4.

He's got away with it to an extent because he's chipping in with Goals and Assists, for me he's been the biggest underperformer in the last three.

The main thing that befuddles me is not having Morrell nor Nagy on the bench as replacement for if Weimann or Pato get injured, especially with the supposed depth the middle we have. Surely we should use the options and make the most of the depth we have? And thats without Williams fit again yet either.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Eh. Opinions ultimately.

The issue I have with Pato is that if he was good for a whole half, you could argue he's doing his job to an extent. But Id say he's only doing a job 15-20 minutes a game. Basically 1 in 4.

He's got away with it to an extent because he's chipping in with Goals and Assists, for me he's been the biggest underperformer in the last three.

The main thing that befuddles me is not having Morrell nor Nagy on the bench as replacement for if Weimann or Pato get injured, especially with the supposed depth the middle we have. Surely we should use the options and make the most of the depth we have? And thats without Williams fit again yet either.

Agree....for me there seemed little point in having all 3 of Brunt, Dasilva and O’Dowda on the bench.  2 would’ve been fine.

3 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Dropping Taylor Moore and/or Zak Vyner once we lose a game and bringing someone in on loan is EXACTLY what Lee Johnson would’ve done.

Stick with the pair of them.

Hopefully Kalas back after the break and then we have a bit of serious competition, plus some rotation / rest options too.  7 games in 20 days coming up before the next break.

E9493575-B157-4BD3-83BD-8C1F9240D8AF.jpeg.1f4686fffcdc183117fffda53853a1e3.jpeg

It does to be the curse of a young player that the second they have a bad game, all doubts get raised as to whether they are good enough for this level.

Moore and Vyner have nothing to prove, as far as I'm concerned. It'll be nice to get Kalas back but they've shown they can cut it at this level and they will doubtless continue to do so. No player is going to put an 8/10 performance every week and it'd be great, if we could get to a point where Vyner or Moore (or, for that matter, Semenyo, O'Leary or Morrell) being less than perfect for one match doesn't lead to a thread on whether they are good enough for the team. 

Archived