IGNORED

Andi Wiemann

sglosbcfc

Just now, sglosbcfc said:

Yes, Bentley was man of the match, of that there can be no doubt. However, what an unbelievable performance from Wiemann. Any youngster watching trying to improve their game should look at that work rate. He is a vital cog in this exciting team COYR 

I'm often very critical of Weimann, but he was excellent today as he was against Stoke.

1 minute ago, sglosbcfc said:

Yes, Bentley was man of the match, of that there can be no doubt. However, what an unbelievable performance from Wiemann. Any youngster watching trying to improve their game should look at that work rate. He is a vital cog in this exciting team COYR 

Yes, but he's crap (according to the oracle that is @Dog).

He can be that crap every week for me, if his work rate continues as it seems to do. Every game he runs himself in to the ground. 

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Well when you sign players you tend to look at how they have performed at other clubs ?

Notched v Liverpool at Anfield and bagged a double v Man U whilst at Villa.

Offers a lot in this system. Running around a lot (in your words) is quite useful when playing in a midfield three.

He works so hard. Yes he is limited in some aspects of his game but are people a bit stupid or what? If you combined his work rate with a higher skill set in the area’s he lacks he wouldn’t be playing for Bristol City in the championship. I think this is a concept people need to grasp.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

I think he is an average championship attacking player that runs around a lot....and that in turn benefits us and him as suits our brand of football.

I also think that if we are to get to the next level, someone like Weimann needs to replaced .....something that can be said for numerous members of our side.

Hmmmmm, bit of a strange position to take when the side in its current form boasts a 100% record in trying “to get to the next level” but ok ?

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

I think he is an average championship attacking player that runs around a lot....and that in turn benefits us and him as suits our brand of football.

I also think that if we are to get to the next level, someone like Weimann needs to replaced .....something that can be said for numerous members of our side.

image.gif.a192cdf1e4165950d90cfd3f7b5c6428.gif

1 minute ago, Dog said:

I'm going by record against top half sides which has been poor for the past few seasons.

Has it? Ok. Maybe we should stop the world of football now then and moving forward statistically project league positions based on past form and also players previous careers at other clubs. That would work I think? In fact why are we bothering? The present day and what could happen in the future matter little I guess. I feel enlightened. Thanks! ??

Today summed up what he brings to that role but also showed why I would replace him with Walsh / Morrell / Williams when they are fit. On the plus side he brings energy and the ability to get in the box and score. However, we also saw how he can disappear, particularly when we are under pressure, and doesn’t get on the ball enough to help us control the game. We were saved my Bentley today and on another day the lack of control would have cost us. This has been a great start to the season but I do think playing with two proper midfielders and one of Weimann or Paterson will improve us. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. He was very very good in his running around and counter attacking. Not so good in his defensive play like Pato second half.

I think one of him and Pato (likely Pato) will be dropped once Joe Williams is back 100%

I was expecting Andi to move back upfront when Walsh/Morrell/Williams are back but his performances have been excellent and Antoine has also looked very good, some headaches for Dean for sure.

Archived