IGNORED

Andi Wiemann

sglosbcfc

The weekly Andi Weimann thread. Good to see some are forcing themselves to actually give the guy credit. 

The difference is that playing in the middle driving us forward you see more of him, thus he’s easier to appreciate 

The bloke is immense with the energy of a horse. A move like LJs with young BOBBY. Career changing for that kid, opinion changing for Some here on Weimann 

Does seem to be better away from home where we have less time on the ball and i think he plays better when he doesn't have much time to think and plays on instinct and one or two touch plays.

I think when we are the home side and have to break teams down he is found lacking in the midfield role. 

I swear every goal he has scored for us has been a first or second time finish. Would be interesting to see I think.

Does seem to dawdle a fair bit and run into alleys far too often when we have more of the ball but he played well today. 

Not sure why everyone gives. Andi a hard time always gives 100%. Never gives up. Has scored more goals for city than any club he has played for!

Have seen him called a road runner etc. He deserves his place in the team always gives an outlet. Excellent today. 

6 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Struggling to think of a reason to not play him in midfield anymore, he was excellent today. The box of 4 strikers we play in midfield / attack is quite unique and is proving very effective.

Quite interesting we talked about Coventry’s 5221 “box”, yet we’ve got our own 5122. ??????

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. He was very very good in his running around and counter attacking. Not so good in his defensive play like Pato second half.

I think one of him and Pato (likely Pato) will be dropped once Joe Williams is back 100%

He actually broke up quite a few attacks , especially in the right back position .  Then chased his own clearances Down 

I can no longer think of many reasons why AW should not start in midfield. He is has proven to be terrific bombing into the box late and his work rate has never been in question. This Plus Pato getting on the ball much more by playing deeper and the emergence of Tyreeq has turned our midfield from our weakest area into possibly our strongest?

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Quite interesting we talked about Coventry’s 5221 “box”, yet we’ve got our own 5122. ??????

You would imagine its a nightmare for a back four to defend against as there is a continual overload into your penalty box from four players that are all goalthreats. The downside of our formation was exposed a bit today with how many crosses Forest were able to get into our box when playing with full backs and wingers.

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

You would imagine its a nightmare for a back four to defend against as there is a continual overload into your penalty box from four players that are all goalthreats. The downside of our formation was exposed a bit today with how many crosses Forest were able to get into our box when playing with full backs and wingers.

Yes, something I mentioned on Forever Bristol City pod earlier.

4 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Yes, Bentley was man of the match, of that there can be no doubt. However, what an unbelievable performance from Wiemann. Any youngster watching trying to improve their game should look at that work rate. He is a vital cog in this exciting team COYR 

Yep, spot on about Weimann .... any comment @redordead1 or @SuperRed ??? - the little tinkers who aren’t capable of putting into words why they don’t rate Weimann, they just mess around with the emojis to put down any posts praising him ... Weimann has undoubted premier league pedigree, he has performed admirably at the highest level of English football, we are lucky to have him .... yet some muppets still subscribe to the “he just runs around a lot” nonsense - best footballer at our club ... ?

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I love and rate Weimann - but in answer to your question ... Paul Hartley, Matt Le Tissier, Glenn Hoddle, Alan Hudson, Tony Currie, Lee Tomlin, Trevor Brooking, Dariusz Dziekanowski, Ray Wilkins ....

Not many playing currently then 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Didn’t realise that was the criteria .... and you didn’t make that clear when posing your question - many of the world’s best players over the years didn’t “run around a lot” ...

Read my original comment again. It’s present tense not past tense. 

12 minutes ago, reddoh said:

good players don't need to run around they just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Alan Ball was a great believer in Matt Le Tissier, and said he had the uncanny knack of knowing when to stand still and create space because everyone else was busy running around.

Archived