IGNORED

Joe Morrell - Perm to Luton Confirmed (Merged)

B-Rizzle

Just a hunch. Yes, coming back from injury but will be interesting to see how involved he is for Wales as again no room for him on the bench today.

Tins mentioned a few times about players still to come back and name checked Walsh and Williams twice. Strange that he didn’t mention JM once even though he always champions the young home grown players.

Could be nothing but does he know something we don’t? Thoughts?

Thing is with Morrell he probably isn't even 2nd choice in any of the three midfield roles we have at the moment. If Bakinson were out the side you would expect Brunt or Williams to play, same with Weimann with Walsh and Massengo and Paterson with Palmer. Probably best he moves on if he wants regular football to make sure he's in the Wales squad at the Euros

29 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Thing is with Morrell he probably isn't even 2nd choice in any of the three midfield roles we have at the moment. If Bakinson were out the side you would expect Brunt or Williams to play, same with Weimann with Walsh and Massengo and Paterson with Palmer. Probably best he moves on if he wants regular football to make sure he's in the Wales squad at the Euros

Dunno if you'd have Brunt ahead, he's been good but see him as more of a utility player, mix of age and versatility anyway.

Get the general point though.

You wouldn’t put him at the top of the list to sell. That said you can’t force players to leave nor force teams to take players you don’t want for good money. If a team wants Morrell I’d expect we have to listen because we have too many. Would be a shame but he isn’t proven at this level and if we can secure a decent deal for him we may have to let him go. 

At the risk of being shot down... What's all the fuss about this lad?

He's had a few loans and did ok. Hasn't played at champ level and unlikely to make our squad

Can anyone explain the hype?

I cant see anything remarkable in his loans or time at city 

Are we just blinded because he's young?

11 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

He's had a few loans and did ok. Hasn't played at champ level and unlikely to make our squad

Because he’s good. ?

I'm convinced he's leaving. No idea where he will end up though, or for how much. 

It would be a bit sad really because he's one of the loanees that desperately wanted to get his chance and finally has every right to be part of our squad. Instead he might have to watch the from afar as Bakinson, Semenyo and Moore make the breakthrough.

38 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Ah, well that's cleared that up.?

Joking aside, why are so many people raving about him??

He's so far down the pecking order..still.domt have any rational reasons 

Seriously though, I’ve watch him in his few games for City, a fair bit old bit at Lincoln, his Welsh full international games, and age group games and he is a player who is mature beyond his years.

He reads the game really well, positions others (leadership), constantly scanning the play and runs of opponents. That’s him in the DM role.

But he can play what I call a progressive midfield role too, give and go, looking forward....a bit of the Wade Elliott in him...never wasting a pass, always on the move, always working an angle.

And he likes getting stuck in.

???

Is Morrell 100% fit? Maybe not and that’s why he’s not featuring in the matchday squad. Plus...Deano has an abundance of midfielders and currently the likes of Nagy, Massengo and Palmer aren’t getting  selected and with Walsh and Williams likely to available after the international break Morrell will have even more competition.

Its likely that Morrell will go out on another loan, possibly back to Lincoln or move on.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Seriously though, I’ve watch him in his few games for City, a fair bit old bit at Lincoln, his Welsh full international games, and age group games and he is a player who is mature beyond his years.

He reads the game really well, positions others (leadership), constantly scanning the play and runs of opponents. That’s him in the DM role.

But he can play what I call a progressive midfield role too, give and go, looking forward....a bit of the Wade Elliott in him...never wasting a pass, always on the move, always working an angle.

And he likes getting stuck in.

???

He’s not the only midfielder with those abilities Dave. Most, if not all are equally as talented. 

Like every other player Morrell needs to impress in training simply to get noticed by the coaches and of course Deano.

8 hours ago, Matthew me said:

Ah, well that's cleared that up.?

Joking aside, why are so many people raving about him??

He's so far down the pecking order..still.domt have any rational reasons 

I see what you’re saying about just playing in lg1 but for the whole of last season, and the start of this one, he’s been a regular starter in cm for Wales, regularly playing 90mins and playing well - even against strong oppositions. 

This suggests he’s good enough for championship level. Whether he can get anywhere near our first team remains to be seen.

He's just come back from injury so may not have been risked for the bench but he could be fit for Wales. 

He's a great lad and I would be haply with him in or around the first team he could offer us something different. He reminds me a bit of Michael Carrick doesn't seem to waste many passes and can ping it anywhere on the pitch. 

According to Transfermarkt he is out of contract next summer so our choices are we extend his contract and loan him out, we sell him or we extend his contract and stick him in or around the first team. 

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He’s not the only midfielder with those abilities Dave. Most, if not all are equally as talented. 

Like every other player Morrell needs to impress in training simply to get noticed by the coaches and of course Deano.

What are you basing that on? Due to ‘not taking one iota of interest in any opposition’ (apart from Barry Bannan) I’m assuming you haven’t watched him for Wales or whilst out on loan.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What are you basing that on? Due to ‘not taking one iota of interest in any opposition’ (apart from Barry Bannan) I’m assuming you haven’t watched him for Wales or whilst out on loan.

I’m not doubting his ability PF just saying that he’s up against other City midfielders who are just as good, if not better that JM.

The fact he’s a Welsh international means very little, even  Dave Partridge and Mark Aizlewood played for Wales..........:dunno:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I’m not doubting his ability PF just saying that he’s up against other City midfielders who are just as good, if not better that JM.

The fact he’s a Welsh international means very little, even  Dave Partridge and Mark Aizlewood played for Wales..........:dunno:

When have you watched him over the last few years to qualify that opinion? It’s a bit unfair to reach that conclusion if you haven’t. 

I didn’t say that playing for Wales meant a great deal, just that it was an opportunity where you feasibly might have watched him.

50 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

When have you watched him over the last few years to qualify that opinion? It’s a bit unfair to reach that conclusion if you haven’t. 

I didn’t say that playing for Wales meant a great deal, just that it was an opportunity where you feasibly might have watched him.

Then by the same logic, it's unfair to reach an opinion he's a great player 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think the fact that Giggs preferred him to a Juventus player for a competitive international suggests he might be decent.. 

Having said that (& I really wanted him to get a chance) I simply cannot see how he fits in.

Bakinson is first choice there, Williams will be back to challenge him soon & this seems to be where Holden will be using Brunt as well, as although he played wide earlier in his career I don’t think he has the legs for that now.

Whether someone who wants to stay in his national side is content to be the 4th choice in his position seems highly unlikely to me.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Take a look at the Welsh midfielders available now, and see if referring back to years ago still applies. 

15 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

Just a hunch. Yes, coming back from injury but will be interesting to see how involved he is for Wales as again no room for him on the bench today.

Tins mentioned a few times about players still to come back and name checked Walsh and Williams twice. Strange that he didn’t mention JM once even though he always champions the young home grown players.

Could be nothing but does he know something we don’t? Thoughts?

Hope this recurring   doom laden suggestion  is false and will go away quickly. And we get on with watching yet another top class academy player playing for the first team. 

12 hours ago, Matthew me said:

Ryan Giggs appreciates the lad as he's always in the Welsh team. Watch their next game.

Archived