IGNORED

Joe Morrell - Perm to Luton Confirmed (Merged)

B-Rizzle

1 minute ago, WarksRobin said:

Based on Sako’s showing so far, Joe Bryan must be wondering why he hasn’t been picked

Looks well off the level in the opening half hour.  But only young.

DCL gives us a real set of options, short, long, aerially....mobile.

15 minutes ago, Prinny said:

So Joe Morrell's role SEEMS to be to jog aimlessly about in a midfield square not doing much.

This is turgid stuff. It is not championship football.

So 15 minutes in, nothing learned about Joe Morrell, except that looks small vs the big Prem players.

Thats it then.

He's obviously shit.

After 15 minutes v England :rolleyes:

52 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I agree. He hasn’t played for what? 2 months? Now starting for Wales. 

This doesn’t seem a bit odd to you? We had basically no cm cover on the bench last week but O’Dowda made it over Morrell? Idk it doesn’t look like a great situation looking at all the odd little bits through this thread imo. 

I agree. Its strange. Especially as we had DaSlilva and Brunt as cover for potential left sided issues. Very strange that O’Dowda was in ahead of Morrell.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Playing slightly different role tonight, Ampadu as the “holder”, Morrell making sure Winks (7) doesn’t on it too much.  He’s an organiser.  Wales aren’t expansive.  He’s there to do a job.

I don't think it's THAT different from the other couple of times I've watched him for Wales.

He's just doing the same continuity role.

I still think him being in the Bakinson role would look exactly like Massengo with the same issues. In our current iteration of the midfield with the two "8's" I'm not sure there's a place for him. If we change it up, maybe.

53 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Wouldn’t do if the “stars” of the team didn’t keep thinking they were above the Covid rules and didn’t keep breaking them!

It would have been a much changed side regardless of that, though Tammy may have started

• Admin
42 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Apologies if it's been mentioned already, Joe is number 16.

On a separate note, did you hear the England players sing the national anthem with great gusto? No, me neither. Mumble, mumble, mumble.

Probably because the guy with the microphone couldn't get as close as usual. 

Likewise you couldn't hear the Welsh boys either 

• Admin
43 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

God shagged the Queen

and shat all over Sweden 

1 minute ago, RedEd73 said:

I've never understood the dislike for Grealish.....perhaps it's simply because he's Villa. I think he's a fantastic talent......

It's his baggage people dislike. 

If he concentrated on playing football it would be a start 

48 minutes ago, Selred said:

Is this the Welsh ventriloquists national anthem? Quiet mutters but hardly any lips moving! 

48 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Ha, that national anthem was terrible!!

go on joe!

Should have picked the Gocompare guy for anthem singing. 

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Prinny said:

So Joe Morrell's role SEEMS to be to jog aimlessly about in a midfield square not doing much.

This is turgid stuff. It is not championship football.

So 15 minutes in, nothing learned about Joe Morrell, except that looks small vs the big Prem players.

I just knew there would be a thread of multiple pages about how great he played. 

Hardly touched the ball yet, and ball zipping past him. But if Wales weren't so poor he'd be plying his trade at the U21s level. 

I can see why the U21s were so weak yesterday, most seem to have stepped up to this side

6 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

I've never understood the dislike for Grealish.....perhaps it's simply because he's Villa. I think he's a fantastic talent......

I agree totally.  Saw him at the Gate some years back playing for Notts County as a ‘wonder kid’.  16 or 17. Socks rolled down then, but was he good ! He can simply make things happen and fantastic touch.  Best midfielder link man by a country mile. 

I’ve not seen much of Morrell before, not touched the ball much but got a good couple of points under his belt.

Incidentally I recently saw former City legend Neil Kilkenny on the tv for Perth Glory. They were playing Wellington Phoenix who had the safest pair of hands in world football in goal - Marinovic. Shameful these 2 were allowed to leave! 

3 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

I agree totally.  Saw him at the Gate some years back playing for Notts County as a ‘wonder kid’.  16 or 17. Socks rolled down then, but was he good ! He can simply make things happen and fantastic touch.  Best midfielder link man by a country mile. 

Yes, I remember that game . Made the same impression as Freeman did playing for Stevenage .

10 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

Maybe because he dived around a lot following little to no contact.

1 minute ago, DT The Optimist said:

Yep, 13/14 season, near the end of that season.

Quiet first half from Morrell.  I’m sure he’d rather be playing in Ampadu’s position.  England’s CM3 of Winks, Phillips with Grealish looks decent enough....and are not allowing much through at all.

13 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

Same here, if I’d had the same talent, money & freedom at his age when he broke through I would have been a 1st class knob making stupid decisions off the pitch too as would most of us.

Archived