IGNORED

Joe Morrell - Perm to Luton Confirmed (Merged)

B-Rizzle

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Forget the fact that he hasn’t been in a match day squad for us so far this season before tonight, if he returns from international duty without an injury and isn’t in the next match day squad that will tell you everything.

You’ve got to remember it is only Wales .... our current midfield and the midfielders chosen on the bench would get into the welsh squad ... just because joe is in the Welsh starting 11 doesn’t guarantee him a place in our match day squad 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So, he’s played no football, had no preseason but you’re expecting him to play more or less a full game ? 
sorry but that’s a clueless statement . 

Behave. I just hoped for something!!!

45 mins football for a young lad. Would of been nice to have done something meaningful

As stated, he's young with potential , it's not the end of the world 

5 minutes ago, TransferForum said:

How are you sure? I’m sure it was a planned sub ?

If they had concerns about fitness , it would have been more likely they'd have given last 30 mins

His performance was hardly a show stopper. 

I don't want to get on his case. He was playing some decent prem players and hasn't played in a while

I just had reasonable high hopes following his very positive press he's received

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I agree. He hasn’t played for what? 2 months? Now starting for Wales. 

This doesn’t seem a bit odd to you? We had basically no cm cover on the bench last week but O’Dowda made it over Morrell? Idk it doesn’t look like a great situation looking at all the odd little bits through this thread imo. 

No, we had Chris Brunt.

The conspiracy theories are way off the mark.

5 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

If they had concerns about fitness , it would have been more likely they'd have given last 30 mins

I don't want to get on his case. He was playing some decent prem players and hasn't played in a while

I just had reasonable high hopes following his very positive press he's received

But you said you were sure? Now you’re saying it is likely. Bit confused. I’m sure it was planned

2 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

He didn’t have a good game tonight.  Couldn’t get on the ball.  He usually plays where Ampadu did tonight, at the base of the midfield.  Even if they play more of a two, he’ll be the deeper one....Giggs’s safety net.  Tonight he was playing more advanced, butting up against Winks and he rarely got on the ball.  When he did it was neat and tidy, but Wales rarely penetrated the England midfield.

Second half they got overrun - might’ve been different had Joe stayed on, might not have.  No idea.

No agendas from me....not his best tonight.  In some respects playing against England is gonna be hard.

Hopefully he will start again against Ireland on Sunday and have a better game.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He didn’t have a good game tonight.  Couldn’t get on the ball.  He usually plays where Ampadu did tonight, at the base of the midfield.  Even if they play more of a two, he’ll be the deeper one....Giggs’s safety net.  Tonight he was playing more advanced, butting up against Winks and he rarely got on the ball.  When he did it was neat and tidy, but Wales rarely penetrated the England midfield.

Second half they got overrun - might’ve been different had Joe stayed on, might not have.  No idea.

No agendas from me....not his best tonight.  In some respects playing against England is gonna be hard.

Agreed. Let's hope he.gets another crack at it on Sunday and pushes on

I'll say it again.. young with potential.

Not having a dig, I'm sure he could be our next gem. Just didn't see anything great tonight. All players can have an off day

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agreed. Think he’s more likely to play against Ireland now after being taken off tonight. We’d complain if he’d played the full game tonight and got injured 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Matthew me said:

Didn't see much tonight from Joe

Poor Wales team. Shocking from them.

Having read so much about him on here and his rave reviews from previous Wales games, I hoped for more

Still young, lots of potential I'm sure 

The problem is apart from a few brief cameo appearances, nobody on here regularly watched him play. 

I found it mildly amusing how so many were experts on his performances and had him pencilled into for our starting line up after playing at LINCOLN. 

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes he was quite but he can't get on the ball if they won't give it to him, Dave.

Much more of their possession went through Williams but that's not Joe's fault and they certainly didn't improve after he was subbed.

Like you say, he was neat and tidy nor did he look out of place. A nice chipped pass into the area which created a chance for Moore, too.

He'll do for me. 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

The problem is apart from a few brief cameo appearances, nobody on here regularly watched him play. 

I found it mildly amusing how so many were experts on his performances and had him pencilled into for our starting line up after playing at LINCOLN. 

Do you have to see someone play to know they’re good enough. How many of Joe Williams games have you watched?

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Can only go from what you hear and as far as I’m aware it was only good reports from his spell at Lincoln. Personally I would have expected Williams and Walsh to start if both fit going into the season but wouldn’t at all have been surprised if Morrell started in their absence, had he not got injured himself.

Also worth pointing out that Bakinson spent last season playing at PLYMOUTH.

8 hours ago, Selred said:

Joe was playing centre against Phillips, not man marking Grealish. 

@Davefevs is better at reading these things than me (most of us), but it looked to me that Joe was patrolling a central zone rather than marking a specific player. The only time Grealish did anything in the first half was when he went wider and further forward.

Archived