IGNORED

Joe Morrell - Perm to Luton Confirmed (Merged)

B-Rizzle

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bemused as why  Luton signed him?

Had a 7 out of 10 in his last match. Thought he was a good player when I saw him at AG. Lively, pretty quick and runs with the ball. Perhaps Luton have less idea on how to use his qualities than our lot. 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Thought i'd just bring this thread back up. Could not even make the bench again last night.

Luton play 3 central midfielders, and have 3 central midfielders on the 9 man bench.

So I guess that means Morrell is 7th choice central midfielder for them?

Still early days, but so far it doesn't look a bad decision selling him

Critics will look to use this as a ‘told you so’ but I still think he should’ve been kept and given an opportunity here.  Any chance there has been a falling out over there? 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Thought i'd just bring this thread back up. Could not even make the bench again last night.

Luton play 3 central midfielders, and have 3 central midfielders on the 9 man bench.

So I guess that means Morrell is 7th choice central midfielder for them?

Still early days, but so far it doesn't look a bad decision selling him

It is a strange one. He doesn't seem to have a  problem getting in the Welsh team and usually acquits himself well at international level. Still believe it was a poor decision to sell him and think he would have developed in to a very good player for us. And how we could do with him now.

12 minutes ago, lenred said:

Critics will look to use this as a ‘told you so’ but I still think he should’ve been kept and given an opportunity here.  Any chance there has been a falling out over there? 

It’s not the type question I’d ask his dad.  We talk football, how Joe’s playing, but I don’t like to tread into that territory.

6 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

It is a strange one. He doesn't seem to have a  problem getting in the Welsh team and usually acquits himself well at international level. Still believe it was a poor decision to sell him and think he would have developed in to a very good player for us. And how we could do with him now.

That means very little. Aizlewood and Dave Partridge played for Wales................:cool2:

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s not the type question I’d ask his dad.  We talk football, how Joe’s playing, but I don’t like to tread into that territory.

Sorry that wasn’t aimed at you Dave to ask him, just a thought because it does seem odd he’s not playing.  He looks so good when playing for Wales, and last year at Lincoln, and I thought he could’ve done a good job for us last year, let alone this year,so it’s just very strange IMO. 

20 minutes ago, lenred said:

Sorry that wasn’t aimed at you Dave to ask him, just a thought because it does seem odd he’s not playing.  He looks so good when playing for Wales, and last year at Lincoln, and I thought he could’ve done a good job for us last year, let alone this year,so it’s just very strange IMO. 

No, I know, just thought I’d add to the conversation.

It is strange indeed.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

That means very little. Aizlewood and Dave Partridge played for Wales................:cool2:

Very different Wales team back in those days.

Wales are in the top 20 Fifa rankings these days.  10 years ago they were  outside the top 100.

Just don't think he is Championship quality yet.

He is small and lightweight for his position, not a great tackler but reads the game well, always plays the simple ball which is usually sideways or backwards.

Would maybe fair better in a slower league. But nothing I have seen yet to think he can be a good Championship player. 

Go on then I’ll give an update.

Hoped he’d have gone in there ripped it up but hasn’t quite panned out.

Hamstring injury hasn’t helped but essentially Luton are an established squad with no injuries that are doing well. Joe has done well when he’s played (the twittersphere seem to like him) but not enough to make him a regular starter. There’s been no falling out

Frustrating for me to see the injuries at City and say what if but no point in that really

Nice to see you guys still think about him.

All the best

On 13/01/2021 at 15:36, Dynamite Red said:

Just don't think he is Championship quality yet.

He is small and lightweight for his position, not a great tackler but reads the game well, always plays the simple ball which is usually sideways or backwards.

Would maybe fair better in a slower league. But nothing I have seen yet to think he can be a good Championship player. 

“Would maybe fair better in a slower league?” The higher level of football, the slower the game becomes IMO. It’s more calculated and tactical with an emphasis on quality, eg executing the right pass at the right time. He’s doing just fine alongside the likes of Bale, Ramsay, Wilson, Ampadu etc. 

Morrell’s a decent player and will get better with games. It might be that he’s not settled after leaving home for the first time, Luton’s a shithole after all. Far too early to write him off.

After his displays for Lincoln last year, he’s exactly the type of player who’d have been on our radar. If you were at the Bolton game in the Cup a few years ago, you’d have seen he’s got more to his game than sideways/backwards passes. Anyone would think you’re talking about Joe Burnell or LJ! 

12 minutes ago, tin said:

“Would maybe fair better in a slower league?” The higher level of football, the slower the game becomes IMO. It’s more calculated and tactical with an emphasis on quality, eg executing the right pass at the right time. He’s doing just fine alongside the likes of Bale, Ramsay, Wilson, Ampadu etc. 

Morrell’s a decent player and will get better with games. It might be that he’s not settled after leaving home for the first time, Luton’s a shithole after all. Far too early to write him off.

After his displays for Lincoln last year, he’s exactly the type of player who’d have been on our radar. If you were at the Bolton game in the Cup a few years ago, you’d have seen he’s got more to his game than sideways/backwards passes. Anyone would think you’re talking about Joe Burnell or LJ! 

You’re right been a big move. His partner gave up her job at the BRI to move with him. They do however live in St Albans which is a bit nicer. I don’t think he misses his old man too much 

Archived