IGNORED

Joe Morrell - Perm to Luton Confirmed (Merged)

B-Rizzle

7 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Well we know he’s fit then.... wait and see for Saturday 

Yep, with O’Dowda pretty unlikely to be involved now, Williams having played no football since July & Walsh still not fit, if he cannot even make the bench after proving his fitness by playing back to back internationals in 4 days it does make you wonder about his future in BS3.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, with O’Dowda pretty unlikely to be involved now, Williams having played no football since July & Walsh still not fit, if he cannot even make the bench after proving his fitness by playing back to back internationals in 4 days it does make you wonder about his future in BS3.

Probably a choice between Morrell and Palmer....although if Kalas comes into 18 too that surely means one of the defenders misses out.  Bench last game had Sessegnon and Dasilva.

Long way to go til Friday’s deadline though!

39 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

This thread is very interesting in that of all of our fringe players Joe gets such exposure on here

It does remind me just like the furore that used to surround Wes Burns.

Both their careers very similar up to now. . . . .

Wes was voted player of the season for his club and starting games for a side 21st in the fifa rankings? 

On 11/10/2020 at 19:04, Leveller said:

As an aside, I’m a bit confused about these numbers being used. When I was younger and we used the 1-11 system, I got used to the two centre backs being 5 & 6. Number 4 was a midfielder, number 9 was a forward, assuming 442, the other striker was probably 10 and the other midfielders 7, 8 and 11. 

When some of us were younger we were used to 5 being the centre half, 2 & 3 right& left backs, 4&5 right and left halves, 8 & 10 inside right & left, 7 & 11 right & left wing and 9 centre forward. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Probably a choice between Morrell and Palmer....although if Kalas comes into 18 too that surely means one of the defenders misses out.  Bench last game had Sessegnon and Dasilva.

Long way to go til Friday’s deadline though!

True.

I’d expect Sessegnon to drop out of the 18 if Kalas is fit, Vyner (though it is harsh to drop him anyway) is far more versatile as a sub.

Palmer is the more logical replacement for O’Dowda on the bench, I just think he isn’t rated.

May be wrong but I’m not expecting anyone to leave this week.

8 hours ago, downendcity said:

When some of us were younger we were used to 5 being the centre half, 2 & 3 right& left backs, 4&5 right and left halves, 8 & 10 inside right & left, 7 & 11 right & left wing and 9 centre forward. 

Yep - except of course the half backs were 4 & 6 under the 235 lineup. I'm not sure when anybody last actually lined up as 235 - if they did. Wasn't the no 5 centre half always at the back between the full backs?

12 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Yep - except of course the half backs were 4 & 6 under the 235 lineup. I'm not sure when anybody last actually lined up as 235 - if they did. Wasn't the no 5 centre half always at the back between the full backs?

In my junior school football team - late 70, my rugby playing PE teacher set us up 334.  I was in the middle of the middle three, and he called me a Centre Half (amongst other things).

31 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Mistyping on my part Leveller - of course I meant 4 & 6 .

Correct re no.5 - centre half lined up between the two full backs.

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Just seen GMcG's tweet. Criminal if true. 

Why criminal? It’s not like he’s been amazing for us in the past & were losing a key player. Granted he’s not had many opportunities to be amazing for us but we had to trim the squad in some places. 

Hopefully we have a decent sell on fee so that if he goes onto do well we’ll make a decent amount off of it. 

Maybe he wants the move. He might recognise that there's plenty of competition, and at 23 perhaps he feels he wants to be somewhere where he's a first team player. It's also possible that Wales have told him he needs first team football in order to keep being selected. 

Interesting too that it's Luton. Perhaps the deal involves some sort of writing off of clauses we might have included in Bakinson.

Archived