Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Joe Morrell - Perm to Luton Confirmed (Merged)

3 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

I agree totally.  Saw him at the Gate some years back playing for Notts County as a ‘wonder kid’.  16 or 17. Socks rolled down then, but was he good ! He can simply make things happen and fantastic touch.  Best midfielder link man by a country mile. 

Yes, I remember that game . Made the same impression as Freeman did playing for Stevenage .

10 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

I've never understood the dislike for Grealish.....perhaps it's simply because he's Villa. I think he's a fantastic talent......

Maybe because he dived around a lot following little to no contact.

1 minute ago, DT The Optimist said:

I agree totally.  Saw him at the Gate some years back playing for Notts County as a ‘wonder kid’.  16 or 17. Socks rolled down then, but was he good ! He can simply make things happen and fantastic touch.  Best midfielder link man by a country mile. 

Yep, 13/14 season, near the end of that season.

Quiet first half from Morrell.  I’m sure he’d rather be playing in Ampadu’s position.  England’s CM3 of Winks, Phillips with Grealish looks decent enough....and are not allowing much through at all.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

I've never understood the dislike for Grealish.....perhaps it's simply because he's Villa. I think he's a fantastic talent......

Same here, if I’d had the same talent, money & freedom at his age when he broke through I would have been a 1st class knob making stupid decisions off the pitch too as would most of us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d like to see Morrell get involved more here. Wales look comfortable in possession but with no real threat, it’s all easy tappy football. 

England more of a threat but don’t look to have any control.  

13 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

He was play acting and diving around that day too

Sadly nobody coached that side of the game out of him back then 

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Was this someone else on your login then?

Read the second sentence and you’ll agree that this is a different situation. Nagy is a player with history of going on international duty injured with agreement from City to train only, then played in the game, exacerbated the injury further so he was unavailable or not 100% for the rest of the season. His behaviour cost us wages and likely points. How that’s comparable to Joe playing when passed injury free and with the blessing of the club I’m not sure?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

Don't disagree about his talent but for me it's spoilt by his personality and antics on and off the field. I place him amongst the list of talented midfield prats such as McAteer, Gasgoine and Barton. 

Just now, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Mainly because he was either hiding behind someone or was just five yards away from them.

So instead of an easy pass and keeping possession they passed it into touch.

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Don't disagree about his talent but for me it's spoilt by his personality and antics on and off the field. I place him amongst the list of talented midfield prats such as McAteer, Gasgoine and Barton. 

Agree about him making questionable decisions off the pitch. But on it he simply draws fouls. Top class sh!thousery, if he played for us we'd all bloody love it!

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Coleman’s excuses . Well wales got young defenders and they won’t come up against much better strikers than these.

unless of course , Kane ,Sterling ,rashford are playing ay Chris 🙄

Good god what a knob Coleman  you would think Wales were winning 

• elhombrecito changed the title to Joe Morrell - Perm to Luton Confirmed (Merged)