sticks 1969

3 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

By not appointing a big name manger we avoided the fanfare that brings

no big money sighings though we’ve made some good signings 

it’s going to get harder to stay out the spot light 

a

Only if we keep winning. Lets hope so.

5 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Yes, for example we were the first 'main' game on Quest last night. As league leaders you will get a lot more coverage. Of course if you are league leaders and you're named Leeds United then coverage goes into overdrive.

I haven't watched it yet, but the fact we were playing Forest and people still think they are a big club may have had something to do with that.

6 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

By not appointing a big name manger we avoided the fanfare that brings

no big money sighings though we’ve made some good signings 

it’s going to get harder to stay out the spot light 

It seems, so far at least that Ashton and Junior have made the right decision in appointing  Deano. However we are only four games in and there’s a long way to go yet...............:cool2:

Sure maximum points so far is a good start but the real test will come when City lose a couple of games and start slipping down the table...... 

9 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Yes, for example we were the first 'main' game on Quest last night. As league leaders you will get a lot more coverage. Of course if you are league leaders and you're named Leeds United then coverage goes into overdrive.

Yesterday there was a multitude of reasons for being the first "main" game. League leaders, City looking for their best start since 1927, Forest who hadn't won in 11 or even scored this season the heroics of Bents probably pushed us up to be the first one. 

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I haven't watched it yet, but the fact we were playing Forest and people still think they are a big club may have had something to do with that.

Forest were amongst the bookies favourites too at start of season 

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Forest were amongst the bookies favourites too at start of season 

Looking on their forum it seems Bentley isn't the first goalkeeper to have a man of the match display against them. They will pick up for sure, just glad we have a 12 point head start on them.

Last night on the Beeb footy page I could see reports for Reading and Swansea but not us. Earlier on the radio they said the Reading manager was the first in all 4 leagues to win his First 4 games since Sarri at Chelsea. What about DH I thought (yes I know he was caretaker but I don’t count that). 

So we’re still a little under the radar....

2 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Yesterday there was a multitude of reasons for being the first "main" game. League leaders, City looking for their best start since 1927, Forest who hadn't won in 11 or even scored this season the heroics of Bents probably pushed us up to be the first one. 

I thought forest looked really good attacking yesterday and were a real test for us and DH. (Thier defence was shite though)

Hats off to DH, I was uninspired like most by his appointment but he is looking like a shrewd appointment with a great record so far with a great looking backroom to support him.

COYR!

200.gif

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It seems, so far at least that Ashton and Junior have made the right decision in appointing  Deano. However we are only four games in and there’s a long way to go yet...............:cool2:

Sure maximum points so far is a good start but the real test will come when City lose a couple of games and start slipping down the table...... 

What a depressing post.. but this is OTIB, did you not get the memo? There is an unflinching optimism requirement, get in line or get out!

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It’s Rovers who are staying under the radar. A deliberate slow start, to be followed by a steady climb up the table leading to a top two finish. #gaslogic 

Obsessed with them, different gravy they are, but will always be in our hearts on here, sad.

3 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

What a depressing post.. but this is OTIB, did you not get the memo? There is an unflinching optimism requirement, get in line or get out!

There are too many bad times to not enjoy the good ones. No one is saying anything other than it looks good so far and that Holden hasn't put a foot wrong at this stage.

The vibe we are getting from the coaching staff, is very much feet on the ground, despite the good start DH sees that we need to improve in all areas to keep it going.  The additions we have in the coaching squad is very much influenced the whole place imo.Yet we are City, and we always flatter to deceive, but just maybe we are now a winning unit, with no egos to pander to, just Northern grit to make us compete in the sometimes dirtier side of the game. 

Very promising...

35 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Quest`s format has always been start at the top and work down I think.

I believe Rudolph adopts a similar approach. :) 

14 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

The longer we remain top, the more sky games will follow.

Our sky record is shocking. I hope we go about our business under the radar and without fuss.

Let reading have the Tele games ?

It really isn't, this was discussed a few months back and the facts show we have a good record when matches are televised.

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It really isn't, this was discussed a few months back and the facts show we have a good record when matches are televised.

Really??? I don't buy that for on second 

A good record is more wins that losses. I'm fairly sure the last three seasons are NOT a good record. Please enlighten my uneducated mind

3 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Really??? I don't buy that for on second 

A good record is more wins that losses. I'm fairly sure the last three seasons are NOT a good record. Please enlighten my uneducated mind

I don't have the time or patience or inclination to go looking for the thread, I am sure there is some stato on here that can help, your favourite @Davefevs perhaps?

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Very true, very wise, but we might add - this being Bristol City - for some balance: there are not enough good times to not over-catastrophise the bad ones.

Depends on how old you are.

good times

76/77 at Arsenal, the Big all mighty cheese got us a 1-0 win.

Coventry away in the same season where Donny Gillies and sir Gerry Gow scored in a 2-2 draw.

Liver pool at home the same season where Chrissy Garland scored both goals in a 2-0 win.

I remember one of first away matches I attended and it was at Oxford 72/73 I was about 11 years old and there were thousands of City supporters and we won 2-0. Most of my school mates at Bris school were also there on the day.

my first home match in 1968 where my dad took me and we were in the east end against Middlesbrough.

Freight rover matches at Wembley 

Away games I attended - Oxford, Coventry, West Ham, west Brom, Arsenal, The gas under the Tote End, 

Please do not underestimate the good times as these far out way the bad times.

1 hour ago, steveybadger said:

Last night on the Beeb footy page I could see reports for Reading and Swansea but not us. Earlier on the radio they said the Reading manager was the first in all 4 leagues to win his First 4 games since Sarri at Chelsea. What about DH I thought (yes I know he was caretaker but I don’t count that). 

So we’re still a little under the radar....

Reading and Swansea fans must be in shock. These days I'm surprised that the BBC recognises there is football beyond the Premier League. 

Archived