Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

players ratings from the Sunday Mirror

26 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Always taken paper ratings with a pinch of salt especially after Twentymans story on the radio the other day from his playing days that the same reporter used to mark him different scores depending on which paper he was writing for. 

And that the 'reporter' came up with his marks the day before the match.

• Thanks 1

Am I the only one who thinks those ratings are pretty fair? What they say is Bentley was MOTM, Weimann and Martin were our next best players. Freeman and Mighten were Forest’s best performers. Can’t argue with any of that, and far more accurate than those on the Post website. 

"Amazingly had to make good saves when Forest woke up in the second half".

What's so amazing about a keeper having to make some good saves when the other team wakes up?

Or is the journalist just amazed that Forest actually managed to make some good shots?

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nor was Ioannou for Forest a 6 either.

Really impressive, it was his debut, too.

The commentator’s pitiful attempt to pronounce his name which made him sound like he was African (he’s from Cyprus) aside,  I thought he was excellent, loads of superb crosses into our box.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The commentator’s pitiful attempt to pronounce his name which made him sound like he was African (he’s from Cyprus) aside,  I thought he was excellent, loads of superb crosses into our box.

Along with Freeman & Mighten he was one of the few Forest players that impressed according to their forum. Even Mighten they said faded once we sussed him and marked him out of the game.

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Believe it or not Ioannou is pronounced - I-wann-ooo.  I thought it would be Yan-ooo, but it’s not.

Well the Sunday Mirror ism't a newspaper........it's a comic.  But I have read some outstanding pieces. features and in depth reporting in a couple of the better quality papers that  always seem to come across with more impact on the printed page.   I reckon some of the tabloid hacks just make up the player ratings and phone 'em in from the pub.........money for old rope.  PS . Bring back Viz's Top Tips I say 😝

• Like 1