IGNORED

New follower - Get me started

West

Hey, so I've lived in bristol my whole life but I've never followed a local team. Always just watched the Prem.

I've decided to finally support one of my local teams, and seeing as my girlfriends Dad is a big City fan, I'm opting for them over Rovers.

I'm looking for enough information or sources to get me started. What formations do you normally play, who are the players to look out for etc.

I'm looking at getting a season ticket next year (Covid permitting).

Thanks in advance!

15 minutes ago, West said:

Hey, so I've lived in bristol my whole life but I've never followed a local team. Always just watched the Prem.

I've decided to finally support one of my local teams, and seeing as my girlfriends Dad is a big City fan, I'm opting for them over Rovers.

I'm looking for enough information or sources to get me started. What formations do you normally play, who are the players to look out for etc.

Thanks in advance!

Probably worth looking on https://www.bcfc.co.uk/ at some of the match videos and get a feel that way...or you probably won’t have much to start discussing on here.

14 minutes ago, West said:

Thanks in advance!

Wait until fans are allowed back in to AG and come along with your girlfriends dad. You’ll be impressed with the stadium.

17 minutes ago, Street red said:

Jokes aside think you will have to wait to get down the gate once we can get to watch games again or just pay towards robins TV and also plenty of podcasts to listen to ? Welcome to the forum.

Cheers, hoping to catch a few games this season, Covid permitting.

42 minutes ago, West said:

Thanks in advance!

So, about your girlfriend ...

23 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

are you serious or just testing the waters with the inlaws?

Haha, not testing the water, no. I am serious. The misses was a City season ticket holder as a kid so that helps. Plus I'm moving that side of Bristol soon.

come on guys, give our new supporter a break.

Welcome to the City family @West, Rudolph is our resident serial love god, hence his inquiry.

You've, obviously made the right choice.

We've been pretty poor to watch for the last season or so but clearly have a good side. The change in Manager, although divisive, looks a good move as we're 4 wins in 4. and playing lovely attacking football with a blend of experience and youth.

Bristol wise, we have the better club by an absolute mile in every way, decent crowds (20K+) Covid allowing and are definitely heading in the right direction.

We play 3-5-2 at the mo, under our new head coach but have flexibility and squad strength to accommodate different formations.

Our owner is seriously minted and we have rebuilt our stadium (don't ever NOT mention that to a gashead (the other mob)) as it winds them right up. They think the difference is minimal, we KNOW it's a lot more than that.

As I said, welcome to your new home City and the red 3/4 of Bristol pal. Who WAS your team as once you get the thing about being a City supporter, you will defend it vehemently! You will suddenly get a taste for dry cider, which to outsiders is weird, don't ever be caught by a fellow red drinking strongbow! Defend the Wurzels with your life! Yes, they are cheesy but it's OUR cheese. Dry cider plus the Wurzels = a blinding night!

That's about it unless my learned friends on here can advise further.

NB: If you were a Man Utd armchair fan, f@ck off, we don't want you, we actually go to games, not watch them on the tele! :) Order an Everton shirt.

28 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

come on guys, give our new supporter a break.

Welcome to the City family @West, Rudolph is our resident serial love god, hence his inquiry.

You've, obviously made the right choice.

We've been pretty poor to watch for the last season or so but clearly have a good side. The change in Manager, although divisive, looks a good move as we're 4 wins in 4. and playing lovely attacking football with a blend of experience and youth.

Bristol wise, we have the better club by an absolute mile in every way, decent crowds (20K+) Covid allowing and are definitely heading in the right direction.

We play 3-5-2 at the mo, under our new head coach but have flexibility and squad strength to accommodate different formations.

Our owner is seriously minted and we have rebuilt our stadium (don't ever NOT mention that to a gashead (the other mob)) as it winds them right up. They think the difference is minimal, we KNOW it's a lot more than that.

As I said, welcome to your new home City and the red 3/4 of Bristol pal. Who WAS your team as once you get the thing about being a City supporter, you will defend it vehemently! You will suddenly get a taste for dry cider, which to outsiders is weird, don't ever be caught by a fellow red drinking strongbow! Defend the Wurzels with your life! Yes, they are cheesy but it's OUR cheese. Dry cider plus the Wurzels = a blinding night!

That's about it unless my learned friends on here can advise further.

NB: If you were a Man Utd armchair fan, f@ck off, we don't want you, we actually go to games, not watch them on the tele! :) Order an Everton shirt.

Ha, cheers.

Already love and seen the Wurzels so no worries there. 

I've always just been a football fan ahead of any club, one of the reasons I'm doing the 92 but obviously that's not going anywhere at the moment. I historically have just watched whatever the bigger game is on tele.

I'm a gold man, wouldnt touch strongbow with a barge pole.

3 minutes ago, West said:

Ha, cheers.

Already love and seen the Wurzels so no worries there. 

I've always just been a football fan ahead of any club, one of the reasons I'm doing the 92 but obviously that's not going anywhere at the moment. I historically have just watched whatever the bigger game is on tele.

I'm a gold man, wouldnt touch strongbow with a barge pole.

Your original team? You must have had an allegiance?

I tried doing the 92, got to 95 and gave up, cost me a fortune! 

25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Your original team? You must have had an allegiance?

I tried doing the 92, got to 95 and gave up, cost me a fortune! 

As a young kid I was a Teddy Sheringham fan and therefore a United fan. The lack of football influence growing up meant that I just defaulted to the team on tv, as I'm sure many others did.

I went to school in North bristol so most of my friends back then were gas heads. Went to a Rovers game with my grandad when I was young but remember some bloke kicking off so it always put me off.

I think I'm on about 20 now, 95 is impressive!

Archived