IGNORED

Bentley not in Team of the Week!

Denbury Red

9 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

The Championship Team of the Week has been published and Dan Bentley is NOT in goal. 

Marshall from Derby - he pulled off two great saves to Dan Bentley’s 5!

Crazy crazy decision!

These things use data to come up with who gets in...

....Marshall had a clean sheet and a penalty “save” (Pukki slipped and hit it over the bar), but those things score more.

Same with Weimann....was he the best midfielder on Saturday.  I doubt it, but a goal boosts his numbers.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

These things use data to come up with who gets in...

....Marshall had a clean sheet and a penalty “save” (Pukki slipped and hit it over the bar), but those things score more.

Same with Weimann....was he the best midfielder on Saturday.  I doubt it, but a goal boosts his numbers.

Don’t forget Dave, he runs around a lot!

Just now, bcfcredandwhite said:

Good. 
That means that the Championship won’t have heard of him (Bentley) yet. 
Under the radar - just how we like it - even at the top of the league nobody is talking about us. 

Who is it that they are not talking about?  :)

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Team of the week is selected from the WhoScored.com player ratings.

This website gave Bakinson a 6.9(!) for the Stoke game where he was magnificent.

What were the other player scores in the Stoke game?

Don't forget it was a tough first half where Bannan and Brown caused him problems, so nobody was “magnificent” in the first 45.

if 6.0 is the starting mark, I’d say 6.9 is a good mark and on the face of it seems about right....feels like a 6 first half and an 8 second half, averaging out at c7.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Don't forget it was a tough first half where Bannan and Brown caused him problems, so nobody was “magnificent” in the first 45.

if 6.0 is the starting mark, I’d say 6.9 is a good mark and on the face of it seems about right....feels like a 6 first half and an 8 second half, averaging out at c7.

Moore got MOTM with 7.9.
Weimann 7.8, Mawson 7.5, Martin 7.5, Vyner 7.2, Wells 7.2, Rowe, 6.8, Hunt, Semenyo and Bentley 6.7, Brunt 6.6, Pato 6.3 and Fam 6.1

Highest Stoke player was Chester with 6.6.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think if Barry Bannan and Izzy Brown have been snapping at Tys heels when we’re playing Stoke he’s playing far better than anyone envisioned...

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Moore got MOTM with 7.9.
Weimann 7.8, Mawson 7.5, Martin 7.5, Vyner 7.2, Wells 7.2, Rowe, 6.8, Hunt, Semenyo and Bentley 6.7, Brunt 6.6, Pato 6.3 and Fam 6.1

Highest Stoke player was Chester with 6.6.

Ta

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think if Barry Bannan and Izzy Brown have been snapping at Tys heels when we’re playing Stoke he’s playing far better than anyone envisioned...

Doh! Sorry James - wrong game.  Yes he was good against Stoke.

• Admin
18 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

The Championship Team of the Week has been published and Dan Bentley is NOT in goal. 

I'm interested by this comment - is this from TV highlights or from watching the full game?

16 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Incredible decision really but in the grand scheme of things i can't imagine Bentley is overly bothered

Exactly this, does it really matter?

On 05/10/2020 at 16:54, Denbury Red said:

Crazy crazy decision!

It’s the same old give it to the supposed more traditional big club syndrome 

well that’s fine as we stick two fingers up from top of the league and long may it continue 

Archived