IGNORED

Bentley not in Team of the Week!

Denbury Red

I think Bentley made two saves that a lesser keeper wouldn't have made.

Other than that, he lived up to his potential - which is high.

He was involved in the game far too much for my liking, but hopefully that will give him and the team a lot of confidence.

I really liked Maenpaa and felt he was the better keeper, but if Bentley can keep that level of performance up, he'll be at least the equal of Maenpaa imo.

There was a game last season where Dan Bentley was towards the right back position. He passed to our right back, City went forward and lost the ball, and the opposition striker shot into an empty goal from about 25 yards out, quite high and a nice height for the keeper. Bentley was scrambling back into the area and literally took off. He flew through the air and made the save.

It was at the Atyeo end. Can anyone remember who it was against?

Anyway, the reason I mention it is because that save, coupled with those two Forest saves out of the top left hand corner, have convinced me that Dan Bentley can actually fly.

6 hours ago, Boston Red said:

There was a game last season where Dan Bentley was towards the right back position. He passed to our right back, City went forward and lost the ball, and the opposition striker shot into an empty goal from about 25 yards out, quite high and a nice height for the keeper. Bentley was scrambling back into the area and literally took off. He flew through the air and made the save.

It was at the Atyeo end. Can anyone remember who it was against?

Anyway, the reason I mention it is because that save, coupled with those two Forest saves out of the top left hand corner, have convinced me that Dan Bentley can actually fly.

Sure it was the Charlton game that we ended up winning with virtually the last kick. That going in would have made it 2-0 at the time and game over.

Archived