IGNORED

Barnsley Head Coach leaves for MLS job

Unan

22 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Not half, I bet theirs been more murders this afternoon in New York than Barnsley’s had all year. You wouldn’t get me to live in that murderer infested shit hole for a gold pig. 

Were you this bitter when Lee Johnson left to join a bigger club?

• Admin

The 43-year-old departs Oakwell after 11 months in charge.

Gerhard Struber has left Barnsley FC to take the vacant Head Coach position at MLS outfit, New York Red Bulls.

Whilst the Club are extremely disappointed to be losing Struber, the New York Red Bulls have met a significant contractual release clause after several European clubs expressed interest. Gerhard’s close ties to the Red Bull family made the decision for him in the end.

Reds Chief Executive Officer, Dane Murphy explained:

“I must start by thanking Gerhard for the last 11 months. Tasked with maintaining the Club’s Championship status, he took a difficult position at Oakwell last November. Despite the seven point deficit and COVID-19 , his belief never wavered and the night at Brentford will live long in the memory of all supporters.

“As much as we wanted Gerhard to remain at Oakwell we were not in a position to deny him this opportunity with a buy-out clause in his contract and his connection within the Red Bull set-up.

“Looking toward the immediate future, the recruitment process for a replacement has already begun and we will update supporters when appropriate. In the interim, Adam Murray will take charge of first team matters.

This Club has good people across numerous departments that will do their utmost to assist Adam.”

Gerhard leaves Oakwell with everyone’s best wishes and an abundance of thanks for the job he did in 2019/2020. He will always be part of this great Club.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2020/october/struber-departs/

• Admin
30 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Not half, I bet theirs been more murders this afternoon in New York than Barnsley’s had all year. You wouldn’t get me to live in that murderer infested shit hole for a gold pig. 

5 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I’m not bitter, I’m glad to see back of him me pal. New York’s a shit hole though. 

These have to be the funniest replies I think I have ever seen

I admire your loyalty to your home town but come on, nobody would really want to live in Barnsley compared to New York!

I guess the Metrodome is an exciting place to visit?

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

I admire your loyalty to your home town but come on, nobody would really want to live in Barnsley compared to New York!

To be fair massengo swapped monaco for bristol.

46 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

3 gold pigs?

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

I think you’re being unfair on Barnsley. New York has the Statue of Liberty but Barnsley has a statue of Dicky Bird. 

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

New York is a shithole to be fair, as is Barnsley

16 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

It’s exactly same as London alright for a day out ( in day light) but an awful place to live and bring up a family, I’d rather live in Rochdale then London or New York. 

I can assure you my family absolutely adored growing up in the open vistas afforded by Blackheath and positively do not share my desire to move to the countryside.

That you can't handle big city life is fine, as that's why Barnsley means so much to you.    

21 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

New York is a shithole to be fair, as is Barnsley

I'd like to live in Park Slope in Brooklyn. Lovely area, great park and those iconic brownstone terraces. Struber will go for something more upmarket though.

This is comedy gold. “I’d rather live in Rochdale than New York” ?

There are places in New York you know where you won’t get instantly murdered. It’s called having money which is suspect he will have plenty of. I doubt he wil be sitting on the shitter at his new house in NYC looking at properties in Rochdale....

Archived