IGNORED

Barnsley Head Coach leaves for MLS job

Unan

• Admin
41 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

New York is a shithole to be fair, as is Barnsley

40 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

It’s exactly same as London alright for a day out ( in day light) but an awful place to live and bring up a family, I’d rather live in Rochdale then London or New York. 

I'm guessing I went on a different day to you both 

It's 100% an upgrade in location, but to clear up a few points.

NYRB are based in New Jersey, so while their manager could move to NYC and live it up in Manhattan it's likely that he'll be in New Jersey, which is nice, but given his salary I doubt he'll be living in the penthouse like Harvey Specter.

He's also at the drinks team, not the oil team. I guess you could argue that it's still a nice upgrade, because if he wants he could always end up in Leipzig, or one of their many other teams across the world. The club are all about the cross-promotion, and they've even pushed the idea of having players that spend their entire career under their umbrella.

Finally...I'd be very surprised if LJ doesn't go for this opportunity. He's proven himself at this level, and if Barnsley back him he could definitely keep them in this league and pushing onwards. If he learned some lessons from his time with us, he could even push further with them.

17 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Who in their right mind would want bring their kids up, in a unruly shit hole infested with tribes of muderers and scum bags ?. 

If you think someone who lives in Blackheath lives in an "unruly shit hole infested with tribes of murderers and scumbags" then you've really not been to Blackheath.

The problem with this conversation is nobody really lives in "London" and I suspect nobody really lives in New York. By which I mean, you go to "London" as a tourist and you see the crowded bits and the tourists and it is nothing at all like living in London. Or you read about "London" on the news and you see  crimes and gangs and bad news but that's not really the day to day experience of most people living in London either

London is massive but really it's a network of places, rather than a place in itself. I've lived in Vauxhall, White City, Hangar Lane (now that was soulless and awful), Archway, Crouch End, Muswell Hill, Bounds Green and Walthamstow and all of them are completely different places, each with their own atmosphere and environment, some with a great sense of community and some not.

You might hate the idea of living in the London you visit as a tourist or the London you see on the news but both are pretty much wholly unrelated to what living in London is actually like. I suspect New York is very much the same. 

what is barnsleys squad list like numbers wise. his problem here was too many toys and you sensed the players had given up putting in a shift knowing they might not play next game even f they done well. personally i think hed be better off staying local, even go volounteer some help for his old man until  we know where we are going with covid. he wont need the money and could comfortably keep his family safe

On 06/10/2020 at 16:01, NlGHTMARE said:

Not half, I bet theirs been more murders this afternoon in New York than Barnsley’s had all year. You wouldn’t get me to live in that murderer infested shit hole for a gold pig. 

Unless you are planning on moving into the drugs trade in South Bronx, Brownsville or Bed-Stuy I think you'll find it's a pretty safe city these days.

21 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

If you think someone who lives in Blackheath lives in an "unruly shit hole infested with tribes of murderers and scumbags" then you've really not been to Blackheath.

The problem with this conversation is nobody really lives in "London" and I suspect nobody really lives in New York. By which I mean, you go to "London" as a tourist and you see the crowded bits and the tourists and it is nothing at all like living in London. Or you read about "London" on the news and you see  crimes and gangs and bad news but that's not really the day to day experience of most people living in London either

London is massive but really it's a network of places, rather than a place in itself. I've lived in Vauxhall, White City, Hangar Lane (now that was soulless and awful), Archway, Crouch End, Muswell Hill, Bounds Green and Walthamstow and all of them are completely different places, each with their own atmosphere and environment, some with a great sense of community and some not.

You might hate the idea of living in the London you visit as a tourist or the London you see on the news but both are pretty much wholly unrelated to what living in London is actually like. I suspect New York is very much the same. 

Well said LB

21 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

On the other hand one suspects 'living in Barnsley' means exactly that as if Georgi Hristov with all his money held the beliefs he did.....

6 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Are you shagging him or what ?.  You’re talking about a shit footballer who played in Barnsley 22 years ago. 
or is he shagging you ? 

From what he said I reckon I'd have more chance than the sinister half of Barnsley's population.......

Archived