IGNORED

Mesut Ozil

Clevedon Red

• The title was changed to Mesut Ozil
7 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Maybe he should focus on playing.

Undeniable talent but wasting his career - lazy sod and raking in the dosh. 

There is bound to be more to the story behind the scenes. HIs style of play hasn’t changed so that can’t be the reason for his omission over the last few years.

Like Jack Wilshire yesterday saying he has been fully fit over the last couple of seasons and not sure why he wasn’t playing. Could be true but could also be a lie on his part in order to find a new club.

Perhaps if they were wasting their paying Ozil ridiculous sums of money they would have to make the poor mascot redundant. 

So maybe he’s just feeling just a little bit guilty knowing what he earns vs what he contributes to the club compared to this guy who’s probably only on minimum wage.

23 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Nope. How else do you explain a player on 300K a week hasn’t played under 3 managers? Injuries? Systems? 

So if you're Arsenal manager what set up would you play to include him? Based on ability alone

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

So if you're Arsenal manager what set up would you play to include him? Based on ability alone

4231 with him as the classical CAM in the 3, but he needs 2 Defensive Midfielders behind him. 

Thats in theory. In practice he doesn’t  play as he doesn’t put a shift in, as has been demonstrated by recent managers

1 hour ago, Red Alert said:

Perhaps if they were wasting their paying Ozil ridiculous sums of money they would have to make the poor mascot redundant. 

So maybe he’s just feeling just a little bit guilty knowing what he earns vs what he contributes to the club compared to this guy who’s probably only on minimum wage.

So depleted of funds paying Ozil they can activate a £45M release clause for one player the same day they sack a £25k a year mascot ?

I think Arsenal sacking the mascot to save money, then buying someone for 47m and paying that guy (what I'm guessing is) multiple times what the mascot earned per year, per week looks really bad on them.

Ozil has made a nice gesture, which doesn't cost him much (in comparison to what he earns) - some people have said it's purely PR, but none of the other Arsenal players have said or done anything that I've seen (they may have done, but I've not seen it).

1 hour ago, swanker said:

I was thinking the same, 25k? He only works on a Saturday as well! I wonder if he needs an apprentice?

The old ‘only works for a few hours on Saturday’ jibe. 

Don’t forget he has to train through the week as well. 

10 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I think it's top trolling by Ozil when he added  "for as long as I'm an Arsenal player"! But fair play to him for doing it in the first place

He could probably afford to cover the wages of the other 54 people they made redundant this year but thats not really his issue, footballers seem to be held to a far higher morale code then the rest of us. It was the same with Matt Hancock at the start of the pandemic regardign their wages when the reality is that by taking a massive paycut would have damaged the treasury considerably.

6 hours ago, Lrrr said:

You expect it to be unpaid? Especially somewhere like arsenal where the mascot probably comes out for a lot of community and pr stuff on top of match days 

I'd never really thought about it being a paid job. Kind of assumed it was some fan who did it for a free ticket to the game. 

You're probably right though, there's more than just an hour in a match day to it, especially at bigger clubs. 

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

Now if they force Özil out they’ll be forcing Gunnersaurus out as well. 200 IQ move 

Think if they 'force Ozil out' then they will be able to afford to employ Gunnersaurus for about another thousand years along with every other Gunnersaurus in the world and all their Gunnersaurus sons and daughters. 

Archived