IGNORED

What if Hargreaves bought Bristol Rovers and Bath Rugby clubs to rival Lands down, or we bought out Rovers?

pogue malone

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Steve Lansdown was once asked about ‘Bristol United’ and he replied “what have the the Rovers got that we’d want?”.......

The question came about after Mike Parry on TalkSport said that it made sense for Bristol to have only one club..........He was just doing his job that’s all............:dunno:

I always say a merger would never happen for the same reason Tesco would not merge with Mr Patel's corner shop. 

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Three weeks today it will be TWENTY YEARS since they were last above us in the legue

Thats whole generations of people that haven't known them to compete with us

Let them rot I say

I love that there are now young kids who need to ask their grandad what it was like when the gas were above us in the league ?

On 07/10/2020 at 13:18, GrahamC said:

Peter Hargreaves is from Lancashire & has no interest in sport, so this is about as likely as me & Juliette Binoche getting together.

Anyway, Roverrzz have their own “billionaire owner” already, don’t they?

Hi Graham. Juliette said you haven't returned her calls.

4 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Hi Graham. Juliette said you haven't returned her calls.

Juliette says: "Hey, it's Romeo, er, I mean GrahamC, you nearly gave me a heart attack 

He's underneath the window (?)* she's singing "Hey, my boyfriend's back

You shouldn't come around here singing up at people like that

Anyway, what you gonna do about it?

Juliette .... the dice was loaded from the start,

And I bet, and you exploded into my heart,

And I forget, I forget the movie song,

When ... you gonna realise ... it was just that the time was wrong

(Not on a Saturday, love, I'm in the Dolman. "C" block. Giving the ref dog's abuse)

Juliette .... "

From "GrahamC and Juliette" by Dire Straits, 1979.

*on Otibs, natch. 

On 07/10/2020 at 16:20, Prinny said:

The real question is why didn't Wael just buy us?

It couldn't be that he's not as rich as people claim, could it?

When Wael bought Rovers even London stood up and took notice, they sent Garth Crooks West (with his pith helmet an machete in hand) to ask pertinent questions.. 

"can I call you el presidente?" and.. 

"you could have bought ANY football club in Britain, why Bristol Rovers?" 

As mentioned before, the Bath Rugby ownership of Brube Craig backed up by James Dyson are wealthier that Steve Lansdown by some margin so that is never a starter. As for the gas, balls to them, let them fester in their self glorifying, deluded shit pit of crappness until they inevitably go bust.

I can only assume those advocating assisting them with our young players are relatively young. Personally, I wouldn't loan them the steam off my piss!

On 07/10/2020 at 19:21, pogue malone said:

I think it would be great for West Country sport

Wow and why. The bloke is estimated to be worth over 3 billion quid. Best he stays in doors in isolation during COVID for at least four years 

22 hours ago, myol'man said:

From what I've heard Hargreaves is only interested in one thing.

Money

Correct. He’s worth 3 to 4 billion so he doesn’t give a s*& t about sport. He’s just looking for another money earner. 

He should look at donating some of his money to the people that have lost almost everything in the pass couple of months with COVID.

For someone who doesn’t have an interest in sport, I’d say that Rovers would be the ideal fit for Hargreaves.

As far as Bristol United is concerned, why would you merge with a weaker club to make a club that’s weaker/worse than City? I can understand Rovers supporters suggesting this, but City supporters? That would be deliberately sabotaging your own club. I don’t understand why this makes sense in an way whatsoever.

Archived