IGNORED

Meadow Park

Mike Hunt-Hertz

36 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

A great away victory at Hereford, and 4 points clear at the top (Fylde lost!)

Could be local derbies with the tramps very soon.

Exceeding all expectations so far - long may it continue!

Interesting article on Glos live yesterday with manager James Rowe. Basically said that contrary to rumours   Glos hadn’t paid big cash to get players but they had joined because of previously having worked with him. I read one rumour on the Glos rugby forum that reckoned Asante is on £1k Pw!

15 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Exceeding all expectations so far - long may it continue!

Interesting article on Glos live yesterday with manager James Rowe. Basically said that contrary to rumours   Glos hadn’t paid big cash to get players but they had joined because of previously having worked with him. I read one rumour on the Glos rugby forum that reckoned Asante is on £1k Pw!

good to see them back at meadow park and doing well,myself and few other city lads from the forest of dean would watch 5 or 6 games a season when we was young pups.catch the famous cheap 10.00- 31 red and white bus from coleford to glos in the morning have a few ciders and away to go.also was lucky enough to play in a few youth cup finals on the ground and to be fair what a fantastic pitch to play on.

2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Must have a big chance when i looked midweek Gloucester were 8/1  third favs, behind York and Boston.

When you conceder that both have only played 4 games their end of the season will be a nightmare.

Here’s hoping! Fylde were moneybags a few years ago, not sure if that’s still the case?

Just now, phantom said:

I stand to be corrected but I'm sure they opted for this 

Don’t know if they chose it but certainly they worked out that in mileage terms there (surprisingly) wasn’t actually much difference to being in the Nat. South, so didn’t mind too much. Still doesn’t sit well with me though!

Paul Groves appointed new Gloucester City manager:

https://www.gloucestercityafc.com/news/paul-groves-named-as-new-city-manager/

Apparently he was Academy manager at City under Cotts. Can't remember hearing too much about him at the time. 

His CV looks pretty impressive, will be interesting to see how he gets on. 

I did think Jamie Mac was front runner at one point, following in Leroy's footsteps, but Groves seems a decent appointment. 

41 minutes ago, Greville Smythe said:

Paul Groves appointed new Gloucester City manager:

https://www.gloucestercityafc.com/news/paul-groves-named-as-new-city-manager/

Apparently he was Academy manager at City under Cotts. Can't remember hearing too much about him at the time. 

His CV looks pretty impressive, will be interesting to see how he gets on. 

I did think Jamie Mac was front runner at one point, following in Leroy's footsteps, but Groves seems a decent appointment. 

Don’t think he was with us for long & although I was a Cotterill fan, he wasn’t exactly a manager who used his Academy products much.

Groves has had a patchy managerial career but it would be great to see another SW club climb the ladder.

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Don’t think he was with us for long & although I was a Cotterill fan, he wasn’t exactly a manager who used his Academy products much.

Groves has had a patchy managerial career but it would be great to see another SW club climb the ladder.

Agree his management / coaching career is mixed but he does have a lot of experience.  Personally I think Glos dodged a bullet with Jamie Mac. I've never been impressed by anything he says in interview and his experience limited to mostly Asst. to LJ  & a few weeks in the IPL.

I live in Gloucestershire nowadays so I hope they do well.  I used to work in the Forest of Dean ( a rugby ? area) but those lads that were football to a man were Gloucester City ( or Hereford) - all despised Cheltenham Town & Forest Green to a man, so I hope they're enjoying Gloucester's successful run of late.

Archived