IGNORED

Meadow Park

Mike Hunt-Hertz

22 hours ago, Greville Smythe said:

Paul Groves appointed new Gloucester City manager:

https://www.gloucestercityafc.com/news/paul-groves-named-as-new-city-manager/

Apparently he was Academy manager at City under Cotts. Can't remember hearing too much about him at the time. 

His CV looks pretty impressive, will be interesting to see how he gets on. 

I did think Jamie Mac was front runner at one point, following in Leroy's footsteps, but Groves seems a decent appointment. 

I believe Jamie Mac was inline for the job but when LJ got appointed he took a coaching job with Lee at Sunderland think it might even be as his assistant.

Groves never quite got there as a manager so will be interesting to see what he does at this level

6 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

Cracking result last night, tempted to get down and have a look when this tier stuff is sorted out. It's quite ironic Gloucester have the highest Covid rate locally but have football fans in attendance??

And you can see what 1000(?) Looks like in a small stadium. Quite snug social distancing....

6 hours ago, steveybadger said:
image.jpeg.c2b540929459fa91bbe0b278d1c4f6a1.jpeg

I was stood a few steps back from here on the T-End. Felt great to be back. Thought they managed the social distancing thing well, they sprayed dots on the terrace and everyone had to stand on their own dot. Masks on whole match. Cracking game on the artificial turf (won 4-2), the ball zips around fast. Bit of a subdued atmosphere which I put down to the substantial meals that accompanied the pre-match drinks, the distancing, the masks and the fact that it was a first visit for many. Had a lump in my throat walking towards the ground for the first time (for me) in 17 years after living away from the area for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Great 3-2 win for Tigers today v third placed Kiddie. Back from being 2-0 down.

Sounded like a great game.what other city has a football team top of there division and a rugby team bottom of there division?:laugh:

13 minutes ago, big dosser said:

hopefully get up there soon chaps to watch a game, I worked in glos for over 15years everyone that worked for me was mad glos rugby fans always telling me bristol are crap at rugby and the football is no better and glos city are rubbish, how times change

All changed now,Bristol rugby top,Gloucester city top!

I had a ticket for the boxing day game v Leamington,gutted i couldn't go.

2 hours ago, Kibs said:

Another City youngster heading to Gloucester?

Decent move for both clubs And player

In other news the crunch match with Fylde this Saturday is off Due to Covid cases at Fylde - shame as Glos have played more games than everyone else in the top 10. I had great visions of fixture pile ups as other clubs tried to catch us!

10 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

In front of fans, I meant (!)

@Mike Hunt-Hertz

As a follower of non league, did you see the FA Cup result for West Allotment Celtic FC on Friday?

I couldn't believe the name when I saw it so looked them up. They are a club near Newcastle upon Tyne and founded in 1928. Clearly some emigrants from Glasgow.

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

@Mike Hunt-Hertz

As a follower of non league, did you see the FA Cup result for West Allotment Celtic FC on Friday?

I couldn't believe the name when I saw it so looked them up. They are a club near Newcastle upon Tyne and founded in 1928. Clearly some emigrants from Glasgow.

Saw they dug in and got a result, hopefully they can grow now into the next round. Definitely green shoots of recovery on show.

May they reap their rewards.

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Saw they dug in and got a result, hopefully they can grow now into the next round. Definitely green shoots of recovery on show.

May they reap their rewards.

The level of pun here makes me long for the return of the aubergine. Difficult to grow in this climate though? ?

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

4-0 win v York for Tigers, in their first competitive game back at Meadow Park.

Over 2000 there too.

What a team! So pleased Glos turned it on in front of a big crowd - lost count of the number of times City have failed to do the same. Hopefully lots will return.

And that means we continue to be top of the league; must be 12 months and counting now ?

edit - not top of the league but best home record ?

I was there today with my son.cheered me up after Fridays loss to swansea!

Great atmosphere with a crowd of 2,034 and Gloucester city have some exciting young players,2 good wingers and the 3rd goal was a 35 yard strike and a exquisite chip for the 4th.

thoroughly enjoyed the game and being able to stand on terracing again.

my mind flashed back to the city games v york,especially the one when Ralph Milne scored a last minute winner.

decent following from York today,long way back after a big defeat

Archived