Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Meadow Park

Cracking winner  for Gloucester city on Saturday v chorley.quality free kick.be good to go back and watch them at meadow park .I went a few times at evesham last season and they have some really loyal fans that go home and away,pleased for them to be back home

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

A great away victory at Hereford, and 4 points clear at the top (Fylde lost!)

Could be local derbies with the tramps very soon.

Exceeding all expectations so far - long may it continue!

Interesting article on Glos live yesterday with manager James Rowe. Basically said that contrary to rumours   Glos hadn’t paid big cash to get players but they had joined because of previously having worked with him. I read one rumour on the Glos rugby forum that reckoned Asante is on £1k Pw!

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Exceeding all expectations so far - long may it continue!

Interesting article on Glos live yesterday with manager James Rowe. Basically said that contrary to rumours   Glos hadn’t paid big cash to get players but they had joined because of previously having worked with him. I read one rumour on the Glos rugby forum that reckoned Asante is on £1k Pw!

good to see them back at meadow park and doing well,myself and few other city lads from the forest of dean would watch 5 or 6 games a season when we was young pups.catch the famous cheap 10.00- 31 red and white bus from coleford to glos in the morning have a few ciders and away to go.also was lucky enough to play in a few youth cup finals on the ground and to be fair what a fantastic pitch to play on.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Must have a big chance when i looked midweek Gloucester were 8/1  third favs, behind York and Boston.

When you conceder that both have only played 4 games their end of the season will be a nightmare.

Here’s hoping! Fylde were moneybags a few years ago, not sure if that’s still the case?

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Hopefully the Tigers change places with them.

Rowe replaces Jon Pemberton no less...

Bad 1-0 defeat last night hopefully the manager walking doesn't put the season on skids, set up looks very good there now

Edited by TMWANG50
Just now, phantom said:

I stand to be corrected but I'm sure they opted for this 

Don’t know if they chose it but certainly they worked out that in mileage terms there (surprisingly) wasn’t actually much difference to being in the Nat. South, so didn’t mind too much. Still doesn’t sit well with me though!

• Like 1

Paul Groves appointed new Gloucester City manager:

https://www.gloucestercityafc.com/news/paul-groves-named-as-new-city-manager/

Apparently he was Academy manager at City under Cotts. Can't remember hearing too much about him at the time. 

His CV looks pretty impressive, will be interesting to see how he gets on. 

I did think Jamie Mac was front runner at one point, following in Leroy's footsteps, but Groves seems a decent appointment. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Greville Smythe said:

Paul Groves appointed new Gloucester City manager:

https://www.gloucestercityafc.com/news/paul-groves-named-as-new-city-manager/

Apparently he was Academy manager at City under Cotts. Can't remember hearing too much about him at the time. 

His CV looks pretty impressive, will be interesting to see how he gets on. 

I did think Jamie Mac was front runner at one point, following in Leroy's footsteps, but Groves seems a decent appointment. 

Don’t think he was with us for long & although I was a Cotterill fan, he wasn’t exactly a manager who used his Academy products much.

Groves has had a patchy managerial career but it would be great to see another SW club climb the ladder.